Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

TrueBlue from GSU board -

Brandon Mileski from KFAN in Minneapolis said Minnesota had a few more cupcake games before starting B1G play including “some cream puff called Georgia Southern”

Bring it on Brandon.

TALON- hey Brandon was SDSU a cupcake?

I see Brandon is an ignorant man. Is he on twitter or does he have a sports address?

Last edited:

TrueBlue from GSU board -

Brandon Mileski from KFAN in Minneapolis said Minnesota had a few more cupcake games before starting B1G play including “some cream puff called Georgia Southern”

Bring it on Brandon.

TALON- hey Brandon was SDSU a cupcake?

I see Brandon is an ignorant man. Is he on twitter or does he have a sports address?

How many threads are you going to post this exact post on?

Interesting view on Gophers line by your HC;

Still the Gophers have 2 weeks to work on the offense.

per Greder:

Gophers quarterback Tanner Morgan was sacked twice and was pressured on a handful of other occasions. One twist toward the right side of the Gophers offensive line had success to pressure Morgan. The first sack came when tight end Jake Paulson whiffed on a block in the second quarter. Later, a twist to the left side of the Gophers’ offensive line netted a sack in the third quarter.

Meanwhile, in the run game, Rodney Smith had 92 yards (4.4 average) on 21 carries, and Mo Ibrahim had 36 yards (3.0 per rush) his 12 rushes.

But Fleck put the offensive line struggles on himself.

“I thought our running backs ran really hard,” he said. “We’ve got to block better. I thought we were inconsistent up front. Again, that starts with me. I’ve got to get more out of it. I’ve got to get more out of them. I’ve got to be able to make sure they do it better.

“But there were also some times when we needed some big yards and they were able to do it. We need more consistency.”

Gophers 400 lb offensive Tackle was suspended after starting a bar fight. He said his anger raged from the poor job he and the Gopher offensive line did against the FCS Jacks. The Gophers HC said he will be suspended until Mondays practice.

Valley found the video that the Gophers HC didn't want to get out. So this is Valleys fault!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConfusedUnnaturalAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

71 pages in and we still don't know what uniforms GSU will wear? Talk about getting a thread sidetracked.

71 pages in and we still don't know what uniforms GSU will wear? Talk about getting a thread sidetracked.

I gave you the answer many pages back more than once!

GSU will once again be wearing white pants and shirt with a numbered blue helmet. I have said this many times before.

I can say it this way. GSU will be wearing the opposite of the gophers silk uniforms & lingerie instead of cups!

Last edited:

Well I'm not worried about this game [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We’ll get video of two games to prepare....one that shows how to dominate GSU, and another against Maine, which will probably be a competitive game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is so much delusion on the GSU forum, and this particular poster quite often surpasses Talon

jcountry thinks LSU is just “a little more talented” than GSU. GTFO

——

jcountry
J
Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at LSU (August 31 - 7:30:00 PM)

i am very concerned.

This isn't just a talent level thing.

We don't seem to have prepared for this game at all. This seems worse than just players who are a little more talented.

Last edited:

So much for the pistol option. Maybe y’all should go back to the flex.

24 yards passing, 74 yards rushing. In case you’re math challenged, that’s 98 yards of total offense.

2.2 yards per pass attempt.

1.9 yards per rush.

Bring back Fritz!

Last edited:

So much for the pistol option. Maybe y’all should go back to the flex.

24 yards passing, 74 yards rushing. In case you’re math challenged, that’s 98 yards of total offense.

2.2 yards per pass attempt. 1.9 yards per rush.

Bring back Fritz!

GSU vs LSU

I'll admit that GSU was totally outmatched and outplayed both on offense and defense. Both the LSU offensive and defensive lines did what ever they wanted along with the rest of their team. GSU GOT A BAD BEATDOWN1

I really thought from updates that GSUs offense would at least score 21-28 points.

GSU , at this time, is not on par with the 2014-15 team that came close to beating GT, North Carolina and took Georgia into overtime in 2015.I hope GSU can improve quickly from our first game to our second.

Pinto - "Maybe y’all should go back to the flex."

TALON - I dont see that happening any time soon.

Good luck Gophers against your next opponent.

TALON

Last edited:

I don’t normally predict point spreads, but for this game I have perfect information that allows for 100% accuracy.

LSU beat GSU by 52 points.

LSU paid GSU $925,000

The Gophers are paying GSU $825,000

Therefore, the point spread is: (52*825,000)/925,000=46.3783783784

The Gophers will win by 46 points

Don’t try to argue with me, Talon. I did the math.

Sources:

http://www.thegeorgeanne.com/sports/article_08b2fa0a-c91d-11e9-af96-bb4f826094b9.html

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/...gs-look-like-playoff-team-and-they-better-be/

GSU vs LSU

I'll admit that GSU was totally outmatched and outplayed both on offense and defense. Both the LSU offensive and defensive lines did what ever they wanted along with the rest of their team. GSU GOT A BAD BEATDOWN1

I really thought from updates that GSUs offense would at least score 21-28 points.

GSU , at this time, is not on par with the 2014-15 team that came close to beating GT, North Carolina and took Georgia into overtime in 2015.I hope GSU can improve quickly from our first game to our second.

TALON

Who is Pinto?

GSU vs LSU

TALON

At least you’re owning it.

Perhaps LSU is a much better team than those you mentioned from 4-5 years ago. They have talent to burn at every position.

Scoring Summary
1st Quarter
LSU 0-7 12:36 Joe Burrow passed to Ja'Marr Chase to the left for 13 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
LSU 0-14 8:10 Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushed up the middle for 1 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
LSU 0-21 3:09 Joe Burrow passed to Justin Jefferson to the right for 9 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
2nd Quarter
LSU 0-28 13:10 Joe Burrow passed to Terrace Marshall Jr. down the middle for 8 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
LSU 0-35 9:58 Joe Burrow passed to Terrace Marshall Jr. to the right for 3 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
GASO 3-35 5:13 Tyler Bass kicked a 47-yard field goal
LSU 3-42 0:58 Joe Burrow passed to Terrace Marshall Jr. down the middle for 11 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
3rd Quarter
LSU 3-45 10:48 Cade York kicked a 39-yard field goal
LSU 3-52 5:47 Lanard Fournette rushed up the middle for 2 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
4th Quarter
LSU 3-55 10:58 Cade York kicked a 48-yard field goal

At least you’re owning it.

Perhaps LSU is a much better team than those you mentioned from 4-5 years ago. They have talent to burn at every position.

I have some points to bring up.

(1) I think LSU is a better team than GT @ 11-3 , North Carolina was and Georgia was. Still they were playing a new G5 FBS team with FCS talent and all three came down to the wire.

(2) In 2019 LSU does have talent to burn and are well coached!

(3) GSU looked unprepared for the game and thats the HC and staffs fault. That is not to say GSU had a chance against LSU this year.

(4) Still I am disappointed in the play of GSUs offense and defense and the prep!

GSU has another game to the Gophers and after your play against SDSU I dont think you are = to LSU. I'm not bad mouthing the Gophers. If GSU doesn't get on the ball then the game is open to the Gophers.

Scoring Summary
1st Quarter
LSU 0-7 12:36 Joe Burrow passed to Ja'Marr Chase to the left for 13 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
LSU 0-14 8:10 Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushed up the middle for 1 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
LSU 0-21 3:09 Joe Burrow passed to Justin Jefferson to the right for 9 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
2nd Quarter
LSU 0-28 13:10 Joe Burrow passed to Terrace Marshall Jr. down the middle for 8 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
LSU 0-35 9:58 Joe Burrow passed to Terrace Marshall Jr. to the right for 3 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
GASO 3-35 5:13 Tyler Bass kicked a 47-yard field goal
LSU 3-42 0:58 Joe Burrow passed to Terrace Marshall Jr. down the middle for 11 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
3rd Quarter
LSU 3-45 10:48 Cade York kicked a 39-yard field goal
LSU 3-52 5:47 Lanard Fournette rushed up the middle for 2 yard touchdown (Cade York made PAT)
4th Quarter
LSU 3-55 10:58 Cade York kicked a 48-yard field goal

Yes Highwayman it was a beat down!

I know Lunsford said, on Saturday, that Werts could have played in the 2nd half, but he stood on the sidelines with his arm in a sling. If he was fine, the sling seems like an odd choice. The shoulder is likely injured to some degree. I suppose he’s mostly a running QB anyway, but the passing threat obviously needs to be there to make the running game work.

I know Ill be chastised for this by some GSU fans, but LSU is the real deal as Clemson was. This is not the same GSU team, coaches and players that took GT, NC and UGA to the brink of defeat. Even GT at 11-3 and UGA with their head coach on the way out didn't compare to Clemson or LSU. Do I think that the 2014-15 team was a better team than our 2018 team and maybe the 2019 team - YES. Was GSU totally out classed by LSU per player and coaching- YES. Would GSUs 2014-15 team played better against Clemson or LSU- Yes. Still their are the true ELITE FBS teams and then just FBS teams

Watching the game you could see that GSU was out maned, BUT they sure didn't look prepared like many of our FCS coachesand Fritz had them..

I know Lunsford said, on Saturday, that Werts could have played in the 2nd half, but he stood on the sidelines with his arm in a sling. If he was fine, the sling seems like an odd choice. The shoulder is likely injured to some degree. I suppose he’s mostly a running QB anyway, but the passing threat obviously needs to be there to make the running game work.

I really dont think that if Worts played to the end of the game & wasn't injured it wouldn't have maid a difference. Maybe we could have scored a TD or extra FG

Last edited:

Top Bottom