Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Part III

If you want to watch the whole Georgia Southern game:
BTW It's in (Gopher fan favorite) Aggievision:

Part VIII

The Gopher Offense hasn't changed at all. Bob Debesse at MinnesotaBTW #80 changed his number to 82 and his first name to Demetrius so he could stay eligible.

Slow information release. Omar, oops I mean Demetrius will be in the two deeps. only 21 players to go?...

Last edited:

Last edited:

*Don't be so obtuse GopherDog1. All I've heard about is your defense. I can search for the gopher information but one of the reasons I came here is because I believe most of you are up to date on all current football information and can give me sites that you recommend & info you know first hand players.

**As you can see in an earlier post, I gave you the GSU Spring list of potential starters & their weights. Some asked about more up to date information on GSU and I gave it to you.

I will also send this board an up to date defensive starters list with weights so the posters dont have to look them up.

***So if any Gopher Posters have some good sites or info and would like to share my thanks is given.

Gophers were really young and return most of their starters and production from last year. Gophers really took after firing their DC

Qb-Tanner Morgan (6'2 210)is favorite. rsSop that finished season strong. Possible true sophomore annexstad (6'3 215) wins job. Gopher fans are confident with both

RB- Rodney Smith-6 th year Sr. 5'11 205. Mohamed Ibrahim rsSop (5'10 205) and rsSr Shannon Brooks (6'0 215lbs) all will get carries. All have had 1,000 seasons. All different. Brooks/Smith coming off injuries.

Te- Jake Paulson rsSop (6'4 260) is blocker. Brevyn Span Ford rsFres (6'7 260) is expected to be pass catcher

Wr-Tyler Johnson Sr (6'2 200). could've left for NFL as late round pick. Will be drafted, just where.
wr-Rashod Bateman so. (6'2 200) NFL potential. From Georgia, you might know of him
Wr-Chris Autmn Bell rsSo (6'1 200). Promising young player

-few others will get mixed in.

Ol- we lost 2 starters from last year, this will most not likely be correct

Lt-Jason Dickinson rsJr (6'6 315)- would be first year. Juco kid MN got
Lg-Curtis Dunlap Jr rsFr (6'5 370)-nfl potential. Could've played as true freshman
C-Connor Olson rsJr (6'5 300)-was our starting lg last year
Rg-Blaise Andries rsSo (6'5 315)-starting RG last year. Could end up at lt or LG
Rt-Daniel Faalele so (6'9 400)-mn wanted RS him, forced into starting due struggling at Rt. Shored up spot immediately. Will play Sundays

Defense- Carter coughlin could end up back at LB. Vs you guys I'd expect him at LB but I'll list him at de

RDE-carter coughlin Sr (6'4 245)- pass rusher. I'm guessing you'll see Boye Mafe rsSo (6'4 250)
LDE-otomewo rsSo (6'6 260) - this means 3 year starter moved to bench
Dt-micah Drew treadway grad transfer from ND (6'4 300).
Dt-Jamaal Teague so (6'3 305)-played a lot as true freshman

You'll see a lot other DL mixed in

Olb-thomas Rush so (6'3 230). I suspect coughlin takes this spot
Mlb-kamal Martin Sr ( 6'3 235)-solid multi year starter
Olb- Thomas barber Sr (6'1 235)-brother Marion barber. Good multi year starter

Cb-coney Durr rsJr (5'10 190)
Cb-terrel Smith so (6'1 195)- another ga kid. Up and down freshman year
S- Antoine Winfield jr (5'10 205-hes a great, just can't stay healthy
S- Jordan howden so (5'11 185)-filled in as true freshman when Winfield went down

I'm 100% sure that won't be accurate, few position battles could change things. I have 0 true freshman listed which is unlikely. defense will rotate guys, and stop by and see how battles play out

No disrespect, I don't see us losing. I'll be there and looking forward to game and I do expect a good game

Qb-Tanner Morgan (6'2 210)is favorite. rsSop that finished season strong. Possible true sophomore annexstad (6'3 215) wins job. Gopher fans are confident with both

RB- Rodney Smith-6 th year Sr. 5'11 205. Mohamed Ibrahim rsSop (5'10 205) and rsSr Shannon Brooks (6'0 215lbs) all will get carries. All have had 1,000 seasons. All different. Brooks/Smith coming off injuries.

Te- Jake Paulson rsSop (6'4 260) is blocker. Brevyn Span Ford rsFres (6'7 260) is expected to be pass catcher

Wr-Tyler Johnson Sr (6'2 200). could've left for NFL as late round pick. Will be drafted, just where.
wr-Rashod Bateman so. (6'2 200) NFL potential. From Georgia, you might know of him

Lg-Curtis Dunlap Jr rsFr (6'5 370)-nfl potential. Could've played as true freshman
Rg-Blaise Andries rsSo (6'5 315)-starting RG last year. Could end up at lt or LG
Rt-Daniel Faalele so (6'9 400)-mn wanted RS him, forced into starting due struggling at Rt. Shored up spot immediately. Will play Sundays

Defense- Carter coughlin could end up back at LB. Vs you guys I'd expect him at LB but I'll list him at de

RDE-carter coughlin Sr (6'4 245)- pass rusher. I'm guessing you'll see Boye Mafe rsSo (6'4 250)

S- Jordan howden so (5'11 185)-filled in as true freshman when Winfield went down

I'm 100% sure that won't be accurate, few position battles could change things. I have 0 true freshman listed which is unlikely. defense will rotate guys, and stop by and see how battles play out

No disrespect, I don't see us losing. I'll be there and looking forward to game and I do expect a good game

Thanks Mr. Salzie - GREAT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan stated - " No disrespect, I don't see us losing. I'll be there and looking forward to game and I do expect a good game. "

No disrespect taken. I'd be upset if you thought you would be beaten. Still GSU will win, but I give you respect for sticking up for your team as it should be! ;-) The game will unfold and the better team will win!

Last edited:

Thanks Mr. Morgan - GREAT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan stated - " No disrespect, I don't see us losing. I'll be there and looking forward to game and I do expect a good game. "

No disrespect taken. I'd be upset if you thought you would be beaten. Still GSU will win, but I give you respect for sticking up for your team as it should be! ;-) The game will unfold and the better team will win!

Not sure why you're calling me Mr. Morgan
We'll see, I'll be surprised if you show up after you lose. But I appreciate the effort

Not sure why you're calling me Mr. Morgan
We'll see, I'll be surprised if you show up after you lose. But I appreciate the effort

Sorry salzie, I edited that post!

I have never not gone back to an opponents board and not given them a thumbs up if they lose or a congrats if they win.

This is the way of all Talon Talk posters.

www.gsufans.com

Last edited:

No I started the thread and it wasn't about Uniforms. Someone else brought that up.

Do you do that all-whites? Or is there always a splash of color? What athletic shoe combinations do you utilize?

Do you do that all-whites? Or is there always a splash of color? What athletic shoe combinations do you utilize?

Talk about de-railed threads, 6 pages in and still no Uni information. Tell me you run an anthracite uni at times, or at least a coaches slogan?

I looked at Georgia Southern's uniforms on Google Images and can't tell you what are the school colors. I do know one thing...it's like if the Air Force Academy had a baby with the Naval Academy. In both uniform and football styles.

Did you get approval to share this info? :p

Did you get approval to share this info? :p

I have clearance

I realize decent shot he's trolling to an extent, but it took me all of 5 minutes to put that together. See where it goes

Shannon Brooks does not have a 1,000 yard season.

Most he has had in a single year was 709 as a freshman.

I have clearance

I realize decent shot he's trolling to an extent, but it took me all of 5 minutes to put that together. See where it goes

Salzie, I posted a lot of facts about GSUs Offensive & defensive starters. I also posted videos of HC Fritz's offence that will be emulated this year. Yes I did post what I thought would be the final score with GSU winning this match up, but I'm a GSU fan. Many of your fans posted about the Uniforms. I have not posted a lot of trash talk. I will wait for that after our first 2 games leading up to the Gopher game.

Still if an Eagle can defeat a wolf how much chance does a Gopher have? ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQJeNcUjIZ4

Salzie, I posted a lot of facts about GSUs Offensive & defensive starters. I also posted videos of HC Fritz's offence that will be emulated this year. Yes I did post what I thought would be the final score with GSU winning this match up, but I'm a GSU fan. Many of your fans posted about the Uniforms. I have not posted a lot of trash talk. I will wait for that after our first 2 games leading up to the Gopher game.

Still if an Eagle can defeat a wolf how much chance does a Gopher have? ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQJeNcUjIZ4

I gave you benefit of the doubt and gave you a serious response.

The title is Georgia Southern Uni. and they're reading the heading as uniform, not university

I gave you benefit of the doubt and gave you a serious response.

The title is Georgia Southern Uni. and they're reading the heading as uniform, not university

Yeah, most know it's not about uniforms and aren't taking this poster seriously and just having some fun.

Is there some way for GSUsTALON to see the Spring Game for Saturday (if he's interested) on some BTN app without being a subscriber?

My guess is that it or highlights will end up on YouTube eventually...at a minimum hightlights from GopherSports. Since the interest is there actually seeing the Spring Game...along with the commentary...would be as illuminating as anything GHers could offer now.

Also, do we know if it will be on KFAN? The livestream through IHeart would be a source of team info too.

BTW, my family vacationed on Jekyll Island as a kid. St. Simons is a very nice place to be.

Is there some way for GSUsTALON to see the Spring Game for Saturday (if he's interested) on some BTN app without being a subscriber?

My guess is that it or highlights will end up on YouTube eventually...at a minimum hightlights from GopherSports. Since the interest is there actually seeing the Spring Game...along with the commentary...would be as illuminating as anything GHers could offer now.

Also, do we know if it will be on KFAN? The livestream through IHeart would be a source of team info too.

BTW, my family vacationed on Jekyll Island as a kid. St. Simons is a very nice place to be.

We're wearing Maroon and Gold Jerseys...

Danny Gamboa's Casa De Autos is the OG.

No joke, I've met Danny Gamboa.

Spent several months in Lost Causes, err... Las Cruces working for the city in the economic development office (long story..). Met all the fine business folks in southern New Mexico.

Top Bottom