Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

[/b]

The Gophers were missing two starting linebackers (one was suspended, the other...their best defensive player sat out to prepare for the draft), and of course Antoine Winfield, who missed most of the season with injury. In that game, the Gophers literally overpowered them on both sides of the ball. It was such a physical mismatch, I think the Gophers would have beaten them 9/10 times. Having not watched GT games last season, I didn’t know what to expect, but I’m surprised they won 7 games. They were awful. Maybe the ACC was relatively weak, other than Clemson.

The bottom line is GSU will be tested physically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm confident that we could have beaten them last year, albeit not as badly as you did.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just want to separate you from this forum!

:)

DONT BE MEAN FACE!

Well you have until after the game. As I've said before, win or lose, I will congratulate the Gophers!

Party On Face

TALON!:cool:

Last edited:

I think we are going to come in Illinois uniforms so we can try and trick you into giving up 400+ yards rushing and 50+ points.

That's kind of funny Toasty. GSU should be able to do that with Blue jerseys, Blue helmets and white pants.

What happened to you being nice to these folks?

Last edited:

DONT BE MEAN FACE!

Well you have until after the game. As I've said before, win or lose, I will congratulate the Gophers!

Party On Face

Used for tailgating? Hmmm! I need a party face.

Used for tailgating? Hmmm! I need a party face.

Have FaceTheFacts send you a picture of himself by PM. Cut out his face and strap it on you face at your tailgate. Don't do this until October's games because it may scare off potential tailgate members!;) You should only use it as a Halloweeny thing!

Play nice!

How is fall camp looking? What was the news coming out of the Sunbelt Conference Media Day(s)?

Have FaceTheFacts send you a picture of himself by PM. Cut out his face and strap it on you face at your tailgate. Don't do this until October's games because it may scare off potential tailgate members!;) You should only use it as a Halloweeny thing!

Halloweeny?

Is that a term you use a lot?

Halloweeny?

TALON is a grad of Georgia Southern but I am not. I just happen to be know as the Troy spy since I am a grad of Troy.

While ValleyBoy was not a grad from GSU we treat him as one of our own. A TRUE BLUE EAGLE FAN!

Friend

TALON

DONT BE MEAN FACE!

Party On Face

You've said this many times over. Clearly a broken record thread.

You've said this many times over. Clearly a broken record thread.

Well MANY have asked how I would react to a GSU loss & so I repeat that if I'm on an opponents board that I am not a sore loser & give them congrats.

Is that OK with you #2G? I wouldn't repost the above if I weren't asked.

Last edited:

Well MANY have asked how I would react to a GSU loss & so I repeat that if I'm on an opponents board that I am not a sore loser & give them congrats.

Is that OK with you #2G? I wouldn't repost the above if I weren't asked.

Is it just me, or do others read Talon’s posts in the voice of Carl Gerbschmidt?

Last edited:

Is it just me, or do others ready Talon’s posts in the voice of Carl Gerbschmidt?

+1 but Carl is never that gracious about the Vikings. Not only is his team better, we are "terrible" (Carl voice). :)

Is it just me, or do others ready Talon’s posts in the voice of Carl Gerbschmidt?
Now us Southern folks are smart enough to preform a google search of this here Carl Gerbschmidt. Now ValleyBoy has done went and listened to some sould clips of this here fellow that yall think TALON would sound like. Now ValleyBoy is here to tell you that that there Carl Gerschmidt fellow is NOT from the south so there is no way of this here planet that TALON couls sound like that fellow since TALON is a true blue son of the south.

Now us Southern folks are smart enough to preform a google search of this here Carl Gerbschmidt. Now ValleyBoy has done went and listened to some sould clips of this here fellow that yall think TALON would sound like. Now ValleyBoy is here to tell you that that there Carl Gerschmidt fellow is NOT from the south so there is no way of this here planet that TALON couls sound like that fellow since TALON is a true blue son of the south.

It is possible that some may interpret the comparison as an insult. It was not intended as such.

The spirit of Carl Gerbschmidt transcends such triviality as local accents or dialect. It is the voice of unreasoning optimism, of loyalty beyond any hope of reciprocation, or common sense for that matter. Carl is the kind of guy who thinks owning a share of stock in the Packers is something to be proud of, and not just a badge of foolishness for falling for a cynical marketing gimmick. Talon lives that spirit. In fact, he raises that spirit to new heights, for unlike Carl, he is never mean spirited.

GSUsTALON-Gerbschmidt, hats off to thee.

It is possible that some may interpret the comparison as an insult. It was not intended as such.

The spirit of Carl Gerbschmidt transcends such triviality as local accents or dialect. It is the voice of unreasoning optimism, of loyalty beyond any hope of reciprocation, or common sense for that matter. Carl is the kind of guy who thinks owning a share of stock in the Packers is something to be proud of, and not just a badge of foolishness for falling for a cynical marketing gimmick. Talon lives that spirit. In fact, he raises that spirit to new heights, for unlike Carl, he is never mean spirited.

Mr.C

That's one of the nicest comments I've been told on an opponents board.

Here is my opinion.

I'm a GSU fan and expect to win until proven wrong.
You are Gopher fans and should expect to win until proven wrong.

I dont care where we both came from with coaching changes. Its a new year and anything is possible for both our teams.
Yes I like your board over the LSU board and I like your posters style.

I hope the Gophers only lose 1 game this year. With a GSU win and the Gophers only having 1 loss it will move GSU up in the polls so that we can get a nice paying bowl!
:cool:

PARTY ON MrC

TALON

Last edited:

Thanks Valley!

There were 3 teams when we were in FCS that I spent a long time on and they learned to like me. I was in the Oregon State Beavers for a year once I learned that GSU was going to play them. I had a great time on their board and they liked to banter probably because they thought they were going to beat up on us and we ran the flex option. I flew to the game and met about 12 of them at a bar restaurant. The game came down to the last 4 seconds with GSU on the Beavers 7. WE went for a pass it was incomplete. GSU 42 - Beavers 48. Both teams had about 500 yards of offense. Best FBS game that GSU lost. Great people great cliff hanger.

I was in Florida at the time,and the Troy state fans invited me to their tailgate when they played USF. I sat with the Troy fans. They had a great tailgate.

The same with Furman.

The Gopher fans fit the same mold as being great fans that can roll with the punches. PARTY ON GOPHERS.

Last edited:

I did not take your post as an insult and I am sure that TALON did not also.

I did not take your post as an insult and I am sure that TALON did not also.

Neither did Valley. Mr.C can post what ever he wants. U, I & he can roll with the punches, but I saw no punches thrown.

Top Bottom