Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

I can't imagine this game being close at all. Gophers win big.

So I see you're in a smack mood Mr. Page. Please remember if TALON wants your opinion, I will tell you what it should be.:cool:

Last edited:

Thats very nice of you. GSU fans will invite some of the opposing teams posters to our tailgates, but I never remember a GSU fan offering breakfast. I did host a fan from New York city once at my home but that was during the PJ era.

If you would like I will post this on www.gsufans (The Flite Line). The big problem is I think most of the GSU fans that will attend will fly in to the nearest airport. Which airport would that be?

MSP-Minneapolis St. Paul Intl airport.

The big problem is I think most of the GSU fans that will attend will fly in to the nearest airport. Which airport would that be?

You didn't know Minneapolis had its own airport? I mean...there are 3.6 million people here...

You didn't know Minneapolis had its own airport? I mean...there are 3.6 million people here...

Location, location, location

A Gopher fan invited GSU fans to a breakfast at his home.. Although the GSU fans would be greatful it's a little far to travel to his home.
& now you know

Location, location, location

A Gopher fan invited GSU fans to a breakfast at his home.. Although the GSU fans would be greatful it's a little far to travel to his home.
& now you know

and just so you know there are no bullet trains in MN....

and just so you know there are no bullet trains in MN....

No problems, GSU does not have a bullet train from Savannah International to Statesboro either. We need to work on that!:cool:

Last edited:

No problems, GSU does not have a bullet train from Savannah International to Statesboro either. We need to work on that!:cool:

Statesboro? I thought GSU was in Atlanta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely, “There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!"
View attachment 6105

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what I have read from many on this thread, some gopher fans are worried more about the home uniforms you'll wear than the game itself.

GSoU Statesboro
GStU Atlanta

It is!

Georgia Southern goes by (The Real GSU)

Based on what I have read from many on this thread, some gopher fans are worried more about the home uniforms you'll wear than the game itself.

But doesn't Southern go by the real Southern University? Also known as the Human Jukebox?

Last edited:

But doesn't Southern go by the real Southern University? Also known as the Human Jukebox?

That is not Georgia Southern that is Southern, an HBCU college that belongs to SWAC conference.

That's why Ga. State is Ga. State, Southern is from the SWAC & we are the (Real GSU)

Last edited:

Guess it's hard to get the joke when you are part of it...

No, we don't. It's literally in our own branding guides that we go by GS or the fully written out Georgia Southern.

I've said before and most on here disagreed with me, but I think GA State has a better chance of upsetting us than Fresno does.

I've said before and most on here disagreed with me, but I think GA State has a better chance of upsetting us than Fresno does.

Bah, Fresno graduated 3/4 of their team, and GS has basically no chance of beating us. I haven't been worried about losing a preseason game for many years (except #2 TCU.)

Bah, Fresno graduated 3/4 of their team, and GS has basically no chance of beating us. I haven't been worried about losing a preseason game for many years (except #2 TCU.)

And yet we have many close calls in recent years. 2015 we beat CSU, Kent St, and Ohio all by 3 points each. 2016 we beat Oregon st and CSU by 7 each. Fresno State last year by 7. I'm predicting we win our preseason games, but I don't think we are at a point where we can just show up. We will have to play a solid game. Appalachian State is favored by more points against GSU at this point than we are.

No, we don't. It's literally in our own branding guides that we go by GS or the fully written out Georgia Southern.

I know about the Guide saying that we are GS. We were GSU until G-State started there football program and then they B1T@hed about us being GSU also & won the wright to be called GSU while Georgia Southern University has to drop the "U" even though you can buy hats and other gear that says Georgia Southern University spelled out on it There are many colleges and Universities that have the same acronyms. Georgia State was a university before Georgia Southern, but the again Grambling State University was a University before Georgia State or Georgia Southern was. We are the Georgia Southern University Eagles and they are the Georgia State University Panthers. While Georgia Southern was winning 6 FCS football National Championships G-State was doing nothing. When talking to Ga. State I and others call Georgia Southern University (The Real GSU). (It always pisses State fans off!)

Man, some day I want to have enough time to not only post on Gopherhole but also go to other teams sites and post months before a game happens.

And yet we have many close calls in recent years. 2015 we beat CSU, Kent St, and Ohio all by 3 points each. 2016 we beat Oregon st and CSU by 7 each. Fresno State last year by 7. I'm predicting we win our preseason games, but I don't think we are at a point where we can just show up. We will have to play a solid game. Appalachian State is favored by more points against GSU at this point than we are.

I'm not saying that my lack of worry is rational. In fact, I think we've lost a preseason game or two that I wasn't worried about.

Last edited:

Btown - "I don't think we are at a point where we can just show up. We will have to play a solid game. Appalachian State is favored by more points against GSU at this point than we are."

Pre Season Predictions - Remember that App State has a new Head Coach and staff & as rumor goes they App will be changing their offensive scheme while Georgia Southern will be working on & improving both the offense and defense from last years 10-3 season. If Georgia Southern improved as much from 2017 - 2018 for the upcoming season we have a shot at the Gofers. Remember that all these preseason predictions are just - preseason. No team has played any new games to validate these preseason predictions.

I'm not saying Georgia Southern will definitely beat the Gophers on your home field. I am saying that an improved GSU will make a good game of it and has a shot at an upset.

Last edited:

Top Bottom