Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

And Tyler Moore's dad was notorious for sh!tting on GSU. He wouldn't shut up about them.

Quite strange.

He must have been talking about Ga. State and not the (Real GSU) Georgia Southern University!:cool:

I visit all our opponents boards some before the season & during the season. The 2nd team on our schedule doesn't have a site or I'd be sharing my insight and valuable time with them also.:clap:

Valuable: adjective: having considerable monetary worth; costing or bringing a high price:
a valuable painting; a valuable crop; repetitious nonsense posted on a competitor’s forum.

;)

Last edited:

And Tyler Moore's dad was notorious for sh!tting on GSU. He wouldn't shut up about them.

Quite strange.

I wonder if Tyler Moore went to a school that played in FCS back when And Georgia Southern pounded them. Many of the Gophers on this board didn't know much about Southern when I made this thread.

He must have been talking about Ga. State and not the (Real GSU) = Georgia Southern University!:cool:

Tyler Moore should post on Ga. States PantheTalk board. He would love it!!

No we do not rely on Greek or Roman gods to win games. Each coach and player relies on the "TEAM Effort" and his individual talent that he worked on during practice.

Sorry for underestimating Georgia Southern by comparing them to gods. What degree of grovelling do you think it sufficient? Would kneeling be sufficient, or goes GSU demand full scale kowtowing? Is it safe to look directly upon the players, or do they run the risk to being reduced to ash for such impertinence? It's quite difficult to ascertain a level of respect that you would find sufficient.

Sorry for underestimating Georgia Southern by comparing them to gods. What degree of grovelling do you think it sufficient? Would kneeling be sufficient, or goes GSU demand full scale kowtowing? Is it safe to look directly upon the players, or do they run the risk to being reduced to ash for such impertinence? It's quite difficult to ascertain a level of respect that you would find sufficient.

Just writing the sacred name which much not be named by the unclean marks you as an infidel.

Post not again, ye infidel.

Or post again, and bear the wrath of The Talon!

No after the game visting each others tailgates for a beer and saying congrats is enough to expect from GSU & Gopher fans WIN or lose.

Just writing the sacred name which much not be named by the unclean marks you as an infidel.

Post not again, ye infidel.

Or post again, and bear the wrath of The Talon!

Why thank you MrC!

Humor - CHECK YOUR PM Mr.C

Last edited:

Rampage - "Sorry for underestimating Georgia Southern by comparing them to gods. What degree of grovelling do you think it sufficient? Would kneeling be sufficient, or goes GSU demand full scale kowtowing? Is it safe to look directly upon the players, or do they run the risk to being reduced to ash for such impertinence? It's quite difficult to ascertain a level of respect that you would find sufficient.

By all means keep posting Mr. Rampage. I see that you have a firm grasp on your English and like your posting style.

Last edited:

GSU's CBs

Like to see how these 2 GSU CBs do against the Gophers WRs

Kindle Vildor
CB | SR

2018 - Second-Team All-American (Pro Football Focus)
2018 - Sun Belt Player of the Year (Pro Football Focus)
2018 - All-Sun Belt Conference First Team
2018 - All-Sun Belt Conference First Team (Southern Pigskin)
2018 - All-Sun Belt Conference First Team (Pro Football Focus)

2018-19: Played in and started all 13 games … Had a big junior year, racking up numerous honors … Named a second-team All-American and the Sun Belt Player of the Year by Pro Football Focus Earned first-team All-Sun Belt honors from the league, Pro Football Focus, Phil Steele and Southern Pigskin … Was on the field for 831 total plays (815 defensive, 16 special teams) … Tallied 42 tackles on the season, including 4.5 for loss … Led the team with four interceptions … Also had a team-high 11 pass breakups … Started the season with four tackles against South Carolina State … Didn’t allow a completion in coverage at No. 2 Clemson and picked off a Kelly Bryant pass … Posted seven tackles and two pass breakups against Arkansas State … Had a tackle for loss against South Alabama … Recorded seven tackles and an interception at New Mexico State … Was named the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against Appalachian State … Had two interceptions in that win … Had four tackles against Troy … Had three tackles against Eastern Michigan in the bowl game win.

Monquavion Brinson
CB | SR |

2018 - All-Sun Belt Conference Second Team
2018 - All-Sun Belt First Team (Southern Pigskin)
2018 - All-Sun Belt First Team (Pro Football Focus)
2018 - All-Sun Belt Second Team (Phil Steele)
2017 - All-Sun Belt Conference Second Team
2017 - All-Sun Belt Conference First Team (Southern Pigskin)

2018-19: Played in and started all 13 games … A second-team All-Sun Belt selection by the conference and Phil Steele … Earned first-team honors from Southern Pigskin and Pro Football Focus … Was second on the team with 67 tackles, including one for loss … Had one interception, which he returned 30 yards … Was second on the team with 10 pass breakups and also had two quarterback hurries … Was on the field for 749 defensive snaps … Recorded six solo tackles against South Carolina State … Had eight tackles (6U, 2A) and a quarterback hurry against UMass … Had four tackles and a pass breakup against Clemson … Had a season-high 11 tackles (8u, 3a) with a season-high four pass breakups against Arkansas State … Had seven tackles (6U, 1A) with an interception and a pass breakup against South Alabama … Was named the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Jaguars … Recorded five tackles, including one for loss, at Texas State … Had five tackles and two breakups at New Mexico State … Tallied six solo tackles and a PBU against Appalachian State … Had four tackles at ULM and five at Georgia State.

Last edited:

GSU's predicted 3-4 Defensive Line Backers

Randy Wade , Outside Linebacker - 270lb 6'2
2018-19: Played in and started all 13 games … Was on the field for 581 total plays (477 defensive, 104 special teams) … Recorded 48 tackles on the season, including 3.0 for loss and half a sack … Also had a forced fumble and two quarterback hurries … Posted three tackles or more in 10 of 13 games … Had three tackles at No. 2 Clemson … Posted four tackles, including 1.5 for loss and half a sack, against South Alabama … Also had a forced fumble … Had a season-high seven stops at Texas State … Had five tackles at ULM … Recorded six stops, including 1.5 for loss, against Troy … Had four tackles in the Camellia Bowl win over Eastern Michigan.

Chris Harris , Middle Linebacker - 6"1 240lb

2018-19: Played in all 12 games, starting the final nine … Was on the field for 480 snaps (456 defensive, 24 special teams) … Tallied 47 total stops on the season, including 5.5 for loss and two sacks … Had one forced fumble and a quarterback hurry … Came off the bend to make three tackles, including two for loss and a sack, as well as force a fumble at No. 2 Clemson … Made his first start the following week against South Alabama, posting seven tackles … Had six stops at Texas State … Had five tackles against No. 25 Appalachian State … Posted a season-high nine tackles against Coastal Carolina … Had a tackle for loss against Georgia State … Had two tackles in the bowl win over Eastern Michigan.

Jay Bowdry, OLinbacker, 6'0 205lb
2018-19: Played in 13 games, starting 12 … Recorded 46 tackles on the season, including 3.5 for loss and a sack … Had two pass breakups and a quarterback hurry … Tallied two stops against UMass … Had three solo and three assisted tackles against No. 2 Clemson … Recorded a season-high seven tackles (6u, 1a), including a tackle for loss,against Arkansas State … Had 1.5 tackles for loss in the win at Texas State … Recorded two solo tackles, including one for loss, against Appalachian State … Had four tackles against Troy and three against Georgia State … Finished the season strong against Eastern Michigan in the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl, posting four tackle in the win … Made the Honor Roll in the fall for posting above a 3.0 GPA.

Tre Allen, LB - 6.1 225lb,
Weather he starts or not will depend on this summer.
I also see a nickel back being used a lot and maybe he fits the bill.

Last edited:

The MASSEY combined ratings poll uses about 75 different rating systems or polls including Sargarin. Then all polls are averaged together.

In this average the Gophers are ranked 35 and GSU 49 for the 2019 preseason. As you know you really cant tell a true starting ranking until the 4th - 6th game. Still last year after 2 very bad years in 2016-17GSU started in the 120s. Ill take 49 this year. We can move up faster with a 10-2 record and a win against the P5 Gophers! :cool:

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Rampage- just for U
I know you don't fear GSU this far out, but its ok to be concerned. After the game, with a GSU win, it will be ok with me to revere GSU! .

Friend

TALON! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I'll bite. The line on this game is probably going to be -3 scores for MN. I appreciate the respect GSU fans are giving the Gophers for the most part on their site but I don't think they realize what Minnesota has at the RB and WR positions. Those units may be among, if not the best in the entire B1G this season. Our 3rd string RB was the wrecking ball they saw in the bowl game. GSU actually has a lot of production coming back but Minnesota has not only more, but players who made a major impact as Freshman/first year transfers. This is the best roster top to bottom we've seen at Minnesota in a long, long time. Returning production is a major indicator (if there is such a thing) in predicting future success and Minnesota is Top 10 in the country for 2019. Minnesota is primed for a very good year barring injuries. Vegas just doesn't know it yet. My way too early prediction is GSU will be overwhelmed at some point during the game, we just don't know when.

I can't wait to see what Georgia Southern Uni unis will look like for this game. 31 pages. Wow.

I'll bite. The line on this game is probably going to be -3 scores for MN. I appreciate the respect GSU fans are giving the Gophers for the most part on their site but I don't think they realize what Minnesota has at the RB and WR positions. Those units may be among, if not the best in the entire B1G this season. Our 3rd string RB was the wrecking ball they saw in the bowl game. GSU actually has a lot of production coming back but Minnesota has not only more, but players who made a major impact as Freshman/first year transfers. This is the best roster top to bottom we've seen at Minnesota in a long, long time. Returning production is a major indicator (if there is such a thing) in predicting future success and Minnesota is Top 10 in the country for 2019. Minnesota is primed for a very good year barring injuries. Vegas just doesn't know it yet. My way too early prediction is GSU will be overwhelmed at some point during the game, we just don't know when.

I agree. My take is that GSU will need to score AT LEAST 30 points to have a chance in this game. Not going to happen. I foresee the Gophers sticking with a pounding running game that will eat a lot of time. This could be a 28-7 game for that reason. GSU will need to load the box to have a chance of stopping the Gophers methodic and punishing ground game. Load the box and then light them up with our talented and proven WR's.

A guy named after an amazon tablet and a 2nd team all Sunbelt CB? I’m shaking in my boots.

At this preseason moment the Gophers are to win by 14 points. After our first 2 games that may go up or down a bit.

I really do respect the Gophers' potential for this year, but to underestimate GSU is to lose to GSU!

I can't wait to see what Georgia Southern Uni unis will look like for this game. 31 pages. Wow.

I think I posted our all whites with blue helmets on the 3rd page or so since many of the Gopher fans seemed to be interested along with you.

As stated before all of the NCAA football world from D3 to FBS wants to know what lingerie Fleck has picked for the Gophers offense and defense. Will Fleck & staff pick out the selkies or do the team captains put it to a vote?

I agree. My take is that GSU will need to score AT LEAST 30 points to have a chance in this game. Not going to happen. I foresee the Gophers sticking with a pounding running game that will eat a lot of time. This could be a 28-7 game for that reason. GSU will need to load the box to have a chance of stopping the Gophers methodic and punishing ground game. Load the box and then light them up with our talented and proven WR's.

GOFUR, 30 points sounds about right but lets make it GSU 31 Gophers 28.

It will be interesting to see how a 3-4 defense stands up against your offense. I think GSU's CBs will be fine. I think the Gophers TOPoss was 32min a game last year and thats a good average.

GOFUR, 30 points sounds about right but lets make it GSU 31 Gophers 28.

It will be interesting to see how a 3-4 defense stands up against your offense. I think GSU's CBs will be fine. I think the Gophers TOPoss was 32min a game last year and thats a good average.

In all honesty I'm more worried about the Jackrabbits then Georgia Southern. SDSU has talent on their team and made semifinals last year in FCS.

Are you going to be at TCF for the game? I will buy you a beer to drown your sorrows.

In all honesty I'm more worried about the Jackrabbits then Georgia Southern. SDSU has talent on their team and made semifinals last year in FCS.

Are you going to be at TCF for the game? I will buy you a beer to drown your sorrows.

Go Fargo Go- a beer for you and 12 for me! :cool:

I'm sure you being from the Great White North, those beers would be ice cold!

Last edited:

???? Fargo???? Your geography isn't very good.

Hey, West Fargo Gopher Fan, Do you know where you are living? Is their such a place as Fargo N.D.?

Last edited:

Last edited:

Top Bottom