Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Scott Slone - Defensive Coordinator at GSU.

Was brought in from App State.

The defense had 15 interceptions and was a big part of the +22 scoring margin that led the FBS.

The Eagles posted the best improvement in the FBS in defensive yards per play from 2017 to 2018, as well, moving up 72 spots in a year. The group finished first in the Sun Belt in interceptions, second in turnovers forced, third in total defense, third in rush defense .

If Sloan has improved last year defensive squad then GSU will be sound on defense. The trick is the offense and how much it has improved.

Scott Slone - Defensive Coordinator at GSU.

Was brought in from App State.

The defense had 15 interceptions and was a big part of the +22 scoring margin that led the FBS.

The Eagles posted the best improvement in the FBS in defensive yards per play from 2017 to 2018, as well, moving up 72 spots in a year. The group finished first in the Sun Belt in interceptions, second in turnovers forced, third in total defense, third in rush defense .

If Sloan has improved last year defensive squad then GSU will be sound on defense. The trick is the offense and how much it has improved.

Opps, no reply. Then again I can understand why!:cool:

I have enjoyed this thread. As a Gopher fan for decades, I have watched my favorite team play up and down (well, mostly down) in one of the top conferences in the nation. Some “helmet school” friends of mine, in their entitled way, cannot understand this loyalty. Or my perennial hope for a great season.

I admire your passion, GSUsTALON. You possess a delightfully irrational optimism and clearly will never abandon GSU no matter how bitter the disappointment. I can relate.

But you’re definitely going to lose. Probably badly. ;)

Last edited:

I have enjoyed this thread. As a Gopher fan for decades, I have watched my favorite team play up and down (well, mostly down) in one of the top conferences in the nation. Some “helmet school” friends of mine, in their entitled way, cannot understand this loyalty. Or my perennial hope for a great season.

I admire your passion, GSUsTALON. You possess a delightfully irrational optimism and clearly will never abandon GSU no matter how bitter the disappointment. I can relate.

But you’re definitely going to lose. Probably badly. ;)

GREAT GOPHER FAN- Mr.C

I know where you are comming from. GSU had a great ride in FCS & our first 2 year in FBS was good. GSU has been great when the coaches have been great and the players were well coached. I wish the best for you, the types of fans you represent & the Gophers. Still I want the win for GSU just as you want the win for the Gophers.

GSU lose- we will see.

Check your PM

Last edited:

https://247sports.com/college/minne...-Fleck-Gopher-Football-133527952/#133527952_2

Game 3: vs. Georgia Southern, Sept. 14 (Win, 3-0)

ESPN’s FPI says Minnesota has a 86.9 percent chance at victory — The 2018 Georgia Southern Eagle football team became the first team in school history to win 10 games since the university moved to FBS in 2014. The Eagles also had an FBS-best +22 turnover margin. Minnesota's going to have a challenge to stop the triple option, but ESPN has this as the highest probability for a win all season for the Gophers.

https://247sports.com/college/minne...-Fleck-Gopher-Football-133527952/#133527952_2

ESPN’s FPI says Minnesota has a 86.9 percent chance at victory — The 2018 Georgia Southern Eagle football team became the first team in school history to win 10 games since the university moved to FBS in 2014. The Eagles also had an FBS-best +22 turnover margin. Minnesota's going to have a challenge to stop the triple option, but ESPN has this as the highest probability for a win all season for the Gophers.

FBS best +22 turnover margin. Those things have a tendency to regress to the mean. Bet the under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

So 247 thinks this game is already in the bag.

Talon
I saw on Twitter, a picture of a sweet Georgia Southern cap. Can't remember where, getting old. You coming up for the game?

Yes but the players don't.

It's not the game I'm most excited for, but I'm looking forward to seeing a team run the option at TCF

I think the last time was air force?

It's not the game I'm most excited for, but I'm looking forward to seeing a team run the option at TCF

I think the last time was air force?
Does RPO count? Anyway, I think that you are correct. That Air Force game still ranks as one of the alltime best game experiences at TCF.

Talon
I saw on Twitter, a picture of a sweet Georgia Southern cap. Can't remember where, getting old. You coming up for the game?

He's a hard bargain. I think we'll have to spring for the flight, ticket, hotel, and chauffeur driven limo to get him to consider. I think he's affaid that a buyer will come the weekend he'd be at the game. If we start passing the hat, we can do it.:D

I’m sensing that Talon’s confidence for this game has been waning, as of late, as he learns more about this Gopher team. It’s understandable. Last season’s dramatic turnaround does require some explanation.

I think we should buy GSUsTalon a ticket to the game and a flight.

Maybe he can room up with one of our students in the dorms.

Should we start a gofundme?

I’m sensing that Talon’s confidence for this game has been waning, as of late, as he learns more about this Gopher team. It’s understandable. Last season’s dramatic turnaround does require some explanation.

What are you talking about, TALON losing confidence in his Eagle's. "No way Jose" TALON is just busy at this time posting on gsufans.com and also on the LSU message board. Them LSU Tiger fans just do not believe that the Eagles can pull a Troy on them. TALON is also putting them in there place.

You guys think this is bad? Wait until game week, especially if you have a hard time putting Fresno away. This thread will double in size. In the meantime - see you in September!

You guys think this is bad? Wait until game week, especially if you have a hard time putting Fresno away. This thread will double in size. In the meantime - see you in September!

The great thing is, whether this post sees one more post or one million, we still have the choice to read it. Or not.:p

BTW since you are posting on LSU's site(s). Ask for LSU Freak. He should keep you entertained for some time.

https://giphy.com/explore/lsufreek

I think we should buy GSUsTalon a ticket to the game and a flight.
Maybe he can room up with one of our students in the dorms.
He's a hard bargain. I think we'll have to spring for the flight, ticket, hotel, and chauffeur driven limo to get him to consider. I think he's affaid that a buyer will come the weekend he'd be at the game. If we start passing the hat, we can do it.:D

So 247 thinks this game is already in the bag.

Yes but the players don't.

Talon

It's not the game I'm most excited for, but I'm looking forward to seeing a team run the option at TCF I think the last time was air force?

TALON To Valley & Sazie I've read 2 predictions with on line articles and Massey matchups and all them say the Gophers by 14 points. I want to remind the Gophers that this is a pre season guess based on last years games and performance with no 2019 played yet. It does not include how much GSU has improved since last year and that has to go for the Gophers also. As 427 pointed out we had a good defense last year and I'm sure they will be better this year. I think it comes down to how much GSUs offense has advanced and improved. Our offense scored 30ppg last year but our time of possession was way down for an option & run based offense.

Talon to FacetheFats & STPgopher - thanks for thinking of me and I'm grateful for that, but not necessary. #1 while kind its to much to ask for & #2 If I can pay my way then I would have to see this game. It's hard to see that because the house is my first goal because I want it sold by next summer. Then I will get to go to away games like this one. Thanks again TALON.

TALON to Pinino - Bwha, ha, haI saw on Twitter, a picture of a sweet Georgia Southern cap. Can't remember where, getting old. You coming up for the game? -
I refer you back to ValleyBoys answer.

GD1 - I saw on Twitter, a picture of a sweet Georgia Southern cap. Can't remember where, getting old. You coming up for the game?

Talon to GopherDog1 - Dont think I can make it to the game.

Last edited:

What are you talking about, TALON losing confidence in his Eagle's. "No way Jose" TALON is just busy at this time posting on gsufans.com and also on the LSU message board. Them LSU Tiger fans just do not believe that the Eagles can pull a Troy on them. TALON is also putting them in there place.

Thank you Valley!

Valley is a true blue EAGLE and never gives up either.

Last edited:

The great thing is, whether this post sees one more post or one million, we still have the choice to read it. Or not.

You know I'll be here though on the board:cool: You can thank me latter!

Last edited:

ToastyGS put up a post on the LSU board that I think has merit on this board also.

ToastyGS - "Your team should probably not worry about us and focus on Texas"

My post as an add on to ToastyGS - I agree ToastyGS. There is NO REASON for LSU's Head Coach to waist his important time on a G5 team like Georgia Southern. LSU are an SEC team ranked to high to waist their time on us

IMO, the LSU head coach should be blasted by his staff, players and fans for spending LSUs valuable time on us.

I think your Head Coach should think about that also. After your first 3 games you will be headed into the meat of your season in the BIG. Your HC and staff should concentrate on your 4th game and not on the FCS NDSU team and a G5 Georgia Southern team!

The great thing is, whether this post sees one more post or one million, we still have the choice to read it. Or not.

You know I'll be here though:cool: You can thank me latter!

All jokes aside, is it just that tough to sell a home in your market, or is it that you are doing remodeling yourself? You probably told us before, but I can hide my own Easter Eggs, so I don't remember.

STPGopher;1759760]
STP - All jokes aside, is it just that tough to sell a home in your market, or is it that you are doing remodeling yourself? You probably told us before, but I can hide my own Easter Eggs, so I don't remember.

No my good man STP, I meant myself being on the Gopher Hole before, during & after the game! I'm helping take care of my 82 year old mother in Lakeland Florida, My x wife who I Still love, a lot of old doctor bills & myself.. So funds are tight .until the house is sold. If you want to send me an Easter Egg it should be half navy blue, half white with a gold stripe around the middle. ;-)

PARTY ON STP

TALON

Last edited:

Last edited:

I feel bad that some of you great Gopher Posters have not visited me at www.gsufans.com. Yes Talon talk is the smack board and the Flight Line is the true sports board.

I know STP and another tried and I thank you for that. We are having login problems but if you follow these directions with that problem you should be all right.

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/announcement.php?f=14

Top Bottom