Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Well, he's a better poster than many people on here, but at what point do we draw the line. There are people with nice personality that pollute our society with garbage, foul smells, and other man made waste that are nicer people than a well-kept neighbor, but that doesn't mean we want more of it.

I can understand tolerating TALON because like any person with noticeable faults, they get a bit lovable when you realize they were just made that way, and they can't help it, but to hear them saying "Congrats" should we win, is that a victory of any sort?

Agreed,

Talon, if you lose based on all your bluster, we'll need a congrats and admission you were wrong, underestimated the gophers, and GSU is inferior

Agreed,

Talon, if you lose based on all your bluster, we'll need a congrats and admission you were wrong, underestimated the gophers, and GSU is inferior

And he should buy each GH'er who posted in this thread a dilly bar.

Wait, we have to put up with 45-50 pages of your Georgia College of Science posts for 5+ months, and if we win, we get to see you make one post saying "Congrats"?

Wait, how'd we signup for this and is this going on with every team we play this year?

The difference between you and I and the GSU posters is that we will return to this board WIN or lose and congratulate you.

You FACE, on the other hand could not stomach comming to our board and do the same, win or lose. Some fans are like you and can't tolerate other fans with different opinions than yours & that's OK..

You were invited to our board but felt it was beneath you.

I've been on your board and presented GSU states, facts, video mixed in with some trash talk. You had a choice to read this thread or not.

I think that MOST of the Gopher fans that have read this thread have enjoyed the back & forth.

Party on FaceTheOutcome

TALON

www.gsufans.com

Agreed,

That's OK with me! I've done it before. As I've said on this board before - " What ever team wins deserves the win with no excuses!

And he should buy each GH'er who posted in this thread a dilly bar.

No Dilly Bars for you Face. You've got to watch you weight before the Holliday Season!

I wouldn't want you and the other Gophers on this thread to attend the Rose Bowl and look like Honey Bobo!

Last edited:

2011, the game you were referencing. How an 8 year old game is applicable to something that'll happen this year is beyond me.

The gophers prior to Kill hired a coach who was completely incompetent as a HC at any level (he's never been anything but a position coach since, and he's only really hired for his recruiting) and those were some dark days of gopher football. It was coach kills first years and he didn't have the guys for his system (or really any system). The program saw steady improvement under Jerry, until he had to retire for medical reasons.

GSU has had a few incompetent coaches and staff also. If you look at our record going back to 1984 you can tell the great coaches from the poor ones. The worse ones were chosen by GSU's ADs that wanted to change Triple Option players into a passing offense. Then we had a few inept coaches that took over from Fritz in 2016-17 and ran GSU into the ground. So yes I know where you are comming from!

Last edited:

You can probably count on one hand the number of GS fans that are penciling in a win against Minnesota. Most of us understand why we are the underdogs. As one poster said, 20% is probably a reasonable estimate at our chances.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You can probably count on one hand the number of GS fans that are penciling in a win against Minnesota. Most of us understand why we are the underdogs. As one poster said, 20% is probably a reasonable estimate at our chances.

You maybe right Toasty, but I'm one of the 20% that thinks the Gophers will lose to GSU by a very slim margin!

The difference between you and I and the GSU posters is that we will return to this board WIN or lose and congratulate you.

You FACE, on the other hand could not stomach comming to our board and do the same, win or lose. Some fans are like you and can't tolerate other fans with different opinions than yours & that's OK..

You were invited to our board but felt it was beneath you.

I've been on your board and presented GSU states, facts, video mixed in with some trash talk. You had a choice to read this thread or not.

I think that MOST of the Gopher fans that have read this thread have enjoyed the back & forth.

Party on FaceTheOutcome

TALON

www.gsufans.com

My invite has not arrived in the mail, and signing up for a message board for a Div-III team isn't quite my idea of a good time. At least not today. Maybe I haven't drank enough.

Jesus Christ!
They are multiplying!!!

Glad the offspring haven't learned how to use the Bold function like their parent-fan Talon.

My invite has not arrived in the mail, and signing up for a message board for a Div-III team isn't quite my idea of a good time. At least not today. Maybe I haven't drank enough.

I've posted this here about 5 times. If you cant follow directions and spend 1 minute than......…………..

Registration/Login Problems or Issues ?

If you are having difficulty with either user registration, forgot your username, or cannot get your password to reset using the scripts enabled on the site, please contact me via email at [email protected]

Due to the high frequency of spam accounts being registered, this site manually approves all registrations. We routinely receive between 200 and 300 'fake' gmail registrations a day .... most of these spam accounts are obvious to discern from real users, however if you have a gmail account that slows this process down tremendously ... if you have a email account from a ISP provider that is preferred for registration purposes.

One additional problem that can prevent you from posting, is if you mistakenly answer in the registration script that you are 13 years old or younger. In this case, a COPPA registration has been requested, which means your account is inactivated while we await written confirmation that you have parental permission to post. We have to manually correct this information on your registration. Again, contact us via email.

If you have not had your account approved within 72 hours of signing up, please contact us at the same email address listed above. If you have a gmail or yahoo account there is a high probability that correspondence from this site will be in your 'junk' email folder, if we even were able to decipher that your request is a valid one and not spam. This is not an easy process, so if has been a few days please contact us.

Jesus Christ!
They are multiplying!!!

Glad the offspring haven't learned how to use the Bold function like their parent-fan Talon.

Toasty has bin on this board on and off since the beginning. Why dont you go back and watch the 30 min. 2018 highlight video he placed on the board to see how your fat, slow guys will be taken by GSUs speed!

Toasty has bin on this board on and off since the beginning. Why dont you go back and watch the 30 min. 2018 highlight video he placed on the board to see how your fat, slow guys will be taken by GSUs speed!

Why don't I go operate on my spleen instead? Would be far more enjoyable.

To Toasty's credit, I hadn't noticed him until now. He's very sneaky that way.

Here’s one of our fat, slow guys winning the 100 meters at the Georgia state track meet with a time of 10.39. Why didn’t GSU offer this in-state kid? He started at corner as a true freshman last season.

https://youtu.be/b6BsELiNgUs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just here to try and prevent the reputation of our entire fanbase from being tarnished.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Here’s another one of our fat, slow guys. He was unfortunately injured most of last season, but he’s back! Runs a 4.3 40. Plays safety and returns punts. You may recognize the name...his dad played many years in the NFL, was a stud, and his kid is too.

https://youtu.be/fYao1Qlq_tI

I'm just here to try and prevent the reputation of our entire fanbase from being tarnished.

Carry on.

Work harder.
Keep trying.
Don't give up.

Even when fighting a disease as bad as cancer, attitude is everything.

Here’s another one of our slow, fat guys. Started at WR last season as a true freshman and broke team freshman records for yards and catches. He’s the type of WR the Gophers usually aren’t able to recruit, tbh. Guys like him usually end up on an SEC team, Ohio State, UGA, etc. He’s another Georgia kid, and GSU did offer this one, as did UGA.

We have other fast guys, but of the starters, the three I highlighted tonight are probably the fastest.

https://youtu.be/hbjdcc0CgIs

Here’s another one of our slow, fat guys. Started at WR last season as a true freshman and broke team freshman records for yards and catches. He’s the type of WR the Gophers usually aren’t able to recruit, tbh. Guys like him usually end up on an SEC team, Ohio State, UGA, etc. He’s another Georgia kid, and GSU did offer this one, as did UGA.

We have other fast guys, but of the starters, the three I highlighted tonight are probably the fastest.

One of our slotbacks broke Travis Etienne's 200m record in South Carolina his senior year, but that's about all I know as far as evidence of elite speed on our team. And I'm well aware of Rashod Bateman - I think he was even committed to us at one point.

One of our slotbacks broke Travis Etienne's 200m record in South Carolina his senior year, but that's about all I know as far as evidence of elite speed on our team. And I'm well aware of Rashod Bateman - I think he was even committed to us at one point.

I never heard that he had committed to GSU. Basically, he committed to Fleck after his Junior year, when he was under the radar, and then blew up in his Senior year. A bunch of the bigger programs made a run at him, but he turned them all down, explaining that he had already committed to Fleck. He probably could have played anywhere he wanted. Not only is he a great player, but he appears to be a character guy.

This article touches on all of that.

https://www.apnews.com/3d420af3cd484dfaade9c4331b86f20e

Carry on.

All are all welcome.

I'm not sure if we ever clarified what uniform's GSU will be wearing though.

All are all welcome.

I'm not sure if we ever clarified what uniform's GSU will be wearing though.

I think we are going to come in Illinois uniforms so we can try and trick you into giving up 400+ yards rushing and 50+ points.

I think we are going to come in Illinois uniforms so we can try and trick you into giving up 400+ yards rushing and 50+ points.

Not a horrible idea but for that work you will also have to figure out a way to get us to hire back our defensive coordinator from that game as well because once we got rid of him things got back on track for the defense.

Not a horrible idea but for that work you will also have to figure out a way to get us to hire back our defensive coordinator from that game as well because once we got rid of him things got back on track for the defense.

I did notice that you guys played much better the final 4 or 5 games of the season. I figured that had something to do with the DC change. I'm looking forward to seeing how much we improve as well. This will be the first offseason since 2015 that we've retained the same Offensive Coordinator. Not having to learn another new offensive scheme for the 4th year in a row should go a long way in helping us improve on that side of the ball.

Minnesota pretty much shut down GT in the bowl game - I'm predicting that we will be a little bit harder to stop, but we've still got our work cut out for us.

I did notice that you guys played much better the final 4 or 5 games of the season. I figured that had something to do with the DC change. I'm looking forward to seeing how much we improve as well. This will be the first offseason since 2015 that we've retained the same Offensive Coordinator. Not having to learn another new offensive scheme for the 4th year in a row should go a long way in helping us improve on that side of the ball.

Minnesota pretty much shut down GT in the bowl game - I'm predicting that we will be a little bit harder to stop, but we've still got our work cut out for us.

The Gophers were missing two starting linebackers (one was suspended, the other...their best defensive player sat out to prepare for the draft), and of course Antoine Winfield, who missed most of the season with injury. In that game, the Gophers literally overpowered them on both sides of the ball. It was such a physical mismatch, I think the Gophers would have beaten them 9/10 times. Having not watched GT games last season, I didn’t know what to expect, but I’m surprised they won 7 games. They were awful. Maybe the ACC was relatively weak, other than Clemson.

The bottom line is GSU will be tested physically.

Last edited:

Here’s one of our fat, slow guys winning the 100 meters at the Georgia state track meet with a time of 10.39. Why didn’t GSU offer this in-state kid? He started at corner as a true freshman last season.

https://youtu.be/b6BsELiNgUs

I was speaking of your offensive and defensive line men. If he is one of the Gopher's line men than I am impressed!

[/b]

The Gophers were missing two starting linebackers (one was suspended, the other...their best defensive player sat out to prepare for the draft), and of course Antoine Winfield, who missed most of the season with injury. In that game, the Gophers literally overpowered them on both sides of the ball. It was such a physical mismatch, I think the Gophers would have beaten them 9/10 times. Having not watched GT games last season, I didn’t know what to expect, but I’m surprised they won 7 games. They were awful. Maybe the ACC was relatively weak, other than Clemson.

The bottom line is GSU will be tested physically.

When GT was hot they were hot and when they were not they were not. GT was a very up and down team especially on defense.

Pitino - "The bottom line is GSU will be tested physically."

TALON - That's the way it should be. To be the best you have to beat the best. GSU wouldn't want to play a weak Gopher team!

Last edited:

Like I said I was speaking of your line men. Compliments on WR's speed.

Last edited:

Toasty GS - "I'm just here to try and prevent the reputation of our entire fanbase from being tarnished. Carry on.

Work harder.
Keep trying.
Don't give up.
Even when fighting a disease as bad as cancer, attitude is everything.

TALON - I have not trashed any fan here that didn't run a torpedo at me first and what I replied with was mild. I have nothing against the Gophers team. I have been posting stats, facts along with a little trash!

The Gopher fans are much nicer than the SEC fans!

Toasty GS - "I'm just here to try and prevent the reputation of our entire fanbase from being tarnished. Carry on.

TALON - I have not trashed any fan here that didn't run a torpedo at me first and what I replied with was mild. I have nothing against the Gophers team. I have been posting stats, facts along with a little trash!

The Gopher fans are much nicer than the SEC fans!

Seems like you need to "yell" a lot to get your point across.

Top Bottom