Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Too late. The name has been changed as part of my agreement and entry into the witness protection plan...;) Seriously, I will try to head over there in the next couple of days.

Thanks!

You know STPGopher, I knew you were into something. Let me guess, you're a moonshine runner between Minnesota and North Carolina using an old cement mixer because you think the 190 proof should be blended well.;-)

Last edited:

If GSU wins, a little rub would be expected. Just do a gentle rub. Okay? Violently grabbing the back of the neck and breaking the nose while rubbing ones face in it is a little too much... I don't want to have to start eating my own crap... ;)

Dont worry STPGopher. No GSU fan will do any rubbing of Gopher fans noses into anything or any other part of a Gophers body- win or lose. ;-)

You know STPGopher, I knew you were into something. Let me guess, you're a moonshine runner between Minnesota and North Carolina using an old cement mixer because you think the 190 proof should be blended well.;-)
s-l225.jpgHard to push, but I could afford it.

Dang! Outed already. BTW If you're asking, I like my moonshine neat.

View attachment 6121Hard to push, but I could afford it.

Dang! Outed already. BTW If you're asking, I like my moonshine neat.

I'm sure you don't! You drink 6oz of that stuff neat in an hour before the game and your friends will throw you in the back seat, turn on the radio, drive you home and tell you that you had the best time watching the game. Then you'll say - oh yah I remember now. :cool02:

I'm sure you don't! You drink 6oz of that stuff neat in an hour before the game and your friends will throw you in the back seat, turn on the radio, drive you home and tell you that you had the best time watching the game. Then you'll say - oh yah I remember now. :cool02:

Ha! I see you've been spying on our tailgate. There was a fan of another Conference Member school. He was very oiled up. Anyway, as he staggered toward the stadium we started taking bets for how long he'd last(Yes he got past security at the old MetroDome*). Anyway, he didn't finish the first quarter. So his nickname became first quarter. I'm not sure he even knew what state he was in. Good times.

*The Gophers played at the HHH MetroDome once upon a time.

Being the direct descendant of a North Carolina moonshiner I can assure you that they don't need to import moonshine from Minnesota. I have a cousin that always has some stashed.

Being the direct descendant of a North Carolina moonshiner I can assure you that they don't need to import moonshine from Minnesota. I have a cousin that always has some stashed.

No, no, no nsmike.

STP would take a load of gopher pelts to North Carolina, trade them for real N..C. shine and bring back at least 3 gallons for the truck load of pelts.

No, no, no nsmike.

STP would take a load of gopher pelts to North Carolina, trade them for real N..C. shine and bring back at least 3 gallons for the truck load of pelts.

You are really blowing my cover. It's bad enough I have to dodge the RCMP...cpl-dempster-patrol-dawson-28-feb-1911-1024x395.jpg

No, no, no nsmike.

If you start behaving, I have my dogs pick you up and take you to the game.

Dog-Sledding-1500x609.jpg

You are really blowing my cover. It's bad enough I have to dodge the RCMP...View attachment 6127

The RCMP?

After your last post about having run ins with the RCMP I did a Canadian back ground check on you. It seems you have a small but significant profile with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Sneaking Canadian whisky across the border without tax stamps 50 gallons at a time & involved fur trade.

or it could just be another AKA for the person we know as STPGopher. Anyway, it seems that RMCP sent their best man to apprehend you and your mob type girlfriend. What you did to try and escape was despicable. I'm sure the Gopher Hole has forgiven you since you were supplying the Canadian whisky for the home and away games.

The RCMP's capture of Snidely Whiplash aka STPGopher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npfi0UZL2ow

The RCMP?

After your last post about having run ins with the RCMP I did a Canadian back ground check on you. It seems you have a small but significant profile with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Sneaking Canadian whisky across the border without tax stamps 50 gallons at a time & involved fur trade.

or it could just be another AKA for the person we know as STPGopher. Anyway, it seems that RMCP sent their best man to apprehend you and your mob type girlfriend. What you did to try and escape was despicable. I'm sure the Gopher Hole has forgiven you since you were supplying the Canadian whisky for the home and away games.

The RCMP's capture of Snidely Whiplash aka STPGopher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npfi0UZL2ow

I'm not worried about Dudley. He's on the take he's riding dirty... He can be bought with a two-four.

Back to the stadium and the game. Sandwiched between two road games, this does have the makings of a trap game, but it will only be the second home game. I predict a loud and full stadium. This will be the second game on the new turf.

I'm not worried about Dudley. He's on the take he's riding dirty... He can be bought with a two-four.

Back to the stadium and the game. Sandwiched between two road games, this does have the makings of a trap game, but it will only be the second home game. I predict a loud and full stadium. This will be the second game on the new turf.

I have warned your Gopher friends that this is no trap game. A trap game comes when you play a lessor opponent and that opponent upsets you.

This is a 50/50 game. The outcome is undecided yet it is a toss up.. If the Gophers fall into such a trap then shame on them.

Last edited:

I have warned your Gopher friends that this is no trap game. A trap game comes when you play a lessor opponent and that opponent upsets you.

This is a 50/50 game. The outcome is undecided yet it is a toss up.. If the Gophers fall into such a trap then shame on them.

The point spread suggests that it is not a 50/50 game.

Depends on how you look at it. If the team is going on the road to play a team that played very well at their place, and then open conference on the road in two weeks, the game in the middle could be a trap game. Teams have trouble maintaining intensity and focus over a twelve game schedule. Any team can lose if they aren't focused.

Depends on how you look at it. If the team is going on the road to play a team that played very well at their place, and then open conference on the road in two weeks, the game in the middle could be a trap game. Teams have trouble maintaining intensity and focus over a twelve game schedule. Any team can lose if they aren't focused.

Will the Gophers be focused?

Will the Gophers be focused?

We can only hope. That is the beauty of college football. My hope is that we play a well executed conservative game of keep away. Long drives is what I hope to see. Time of possession, and winning the turnover battle is what I'll be looking for.

I am also hoping that playing GSU will also gain the attention of Georgia preps!

Cheers!

We can only hope. That is the beauty of college football. My hope is that we play a well executed conservative game of keep away. Long drives is what I hope to see. Time of possession, and winning the turnover battle is what I'll be looking for.

I am also hoping that playing GSU will also gain the attention of Georgia preps!

Cheers!

Gophs already have recruiting visibility in GA, and I would think thoroughly beating GT in the bowl game will have a much, much greater impact than working over a directional G5 school.

Gophs already have recruiting visibility in GA, and I would think thoroughly beating GT in the bowl game will have a much, much greater impact than working over a directional G5 school.

Sadly your wrong.

No, I don't think so.

So beating a sad GT team from Georgia gives you recruiting prowess in the state. Did you ever beat Georgia UGA or Georgia Southern & beat them in Georgia?

One game will not steal any great players from, UGA, Georgia Southern or GT. The Gophers would best serve their recruiting by constant 9-4 or 10-3 seasons over time.

I guess when GSU beats the Gophers, Southern will have at least 3 four star players chomping at the bit to come to GSU from Minnesota - RIGHT.

Last edited:

So beating a sad GT team from Georgia gives you recruiting prowess in the state. Did you ever beat Georgia UGA or Georgia Southern & beat them in Georgia?

One game will not steal any great players from, UGA, Georgia Southern or GT. The Gophers would best serve their recruiting by constant 9-4 or 10-3 seasons over time.

I guess when GSU beats the Gophers, Southern will have at least 3 four star players chomping at the bit to come to GSU from Minnesota - RIGHT.

The irony in this conversation is that Rashod Bateman (one of their young star WR's) was committed to us at one point. So yes they do have at least SOME presence in GA.

The irony in this conversation is that Rashod Bateman (one of their young star WR's) was committed to us at one point. So yes they do have at least SOME presence in GA.

We have a pretty nice pipeline to Georgia

I'm guessing most Georgia kids would choose to play for the Gophers over GSU, regardless of whether we have ever beaten them in Georgia.

Oh, great...
The guy from Georgia Tech is back..

Top Bottom