Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Georgia Southern University vs Gophers

Most of you dont know much about GSU's past in FCS. we won 6 FCS National Championships whole we in FCS starting in 1985 running the Spread Triple Option, which really doesn't mean much to you.

Our last year in FCS under HC Monken vs U or Florida using the Spread Triple Option 8min video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylndMpwBg5k

GSU vs Georgia Tech last 3min under a new HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
GSU vs GThttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCcYrPSNWA

NC State last 3min under HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chaDvK8XM1E

2nd year running the Pistol Option under HC Fritz
UGA overtime 6min video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jng0ZOPUeHY

Last year Southern went 9-3 and a bowl win = 10-3. "IF" GSU has improved to = Fritz's Pistol Option Attack at Southern it may be a closer game then you think.

Last edited:

Isn’t it like 5-months until this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never too early to prepare. Hopefully some southern fans can report back to us all the plays they are running in their spring practices.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Never too early to prepare. Hopefully some southern fans can report back to us all the plays they are running in their spring practices.

GOLD

Sure I will. I don't want you to be unprepared!

Is it really 5 months off? It's best that I start now so you can handle your defeat latter.

Is it really 5 months off? It's best that I start now so you can handle your defeat latter.

Would you consider your 2-pt victory over Eastern Michigan your best win in 2018? How about your worst loss - Troy (by 14) or LA-Monroe (by 19)?
Are we really going to do this?

Would you consider your 2-pt victory over Eastern Michigan your best win in 2018? How about your worst loss - Troy (by 14) or LA-Monroe (by 19)?

Spoof you always fall hook line and sinker to these kinda guys.

I would consider all the wins we had last year as good wins. If you looked at the 2 earlier years when we had 3 different head coaches in those 2 years, I was pleased with the rebound made last year.

Can't wait...

I already know your 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings.

Call names Larry, Curly & Moe.

Larry goes 400 lbs, Curly goes 370, and Moe ran for 224 yards in our last game against your in-state big brother that does the same things y'all do.

Most of you dont know much about GSU's past in FCS. we won 6 FCS National Championships whole we in FCS starting in 1985 running the Spread Triple Option, which really doesn't mean much to you.

Our last year in FCS under HC Monken vs U or Florida using the Spread Triple Option 8min video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylndMpwBg5k

GSU vs Georgia Tech last 3min under a new HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
GSU vs GThttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCcYrPSNWA

NC State last 3min under HC Fritz using the Pistol youtube]chaDvK8XM1E

2nd year running the Pistol Option under HC Fritz
UGA overtime 6min video

Last year Southern went 9-3 and a bowl win = 10-3. "IF" GSU has improved to = Fritz's Pistol Option Attack at Southern it may be a closer game then you think.

Along with Washington.....Georgia Tech is another one of my favorite teams to watch because the triple option is so unique. Plus Calvin Johnson is one of my all time favorite NFL players. And go figure....we just played GT in a bowl game this past year and handled them fairly easily.

Am I the only one who read the thread subject line and thought this was a thread about uniform combos Georgia Southern was going to run against us?

Too funny...

Am I the only one who read the thread subject line and thought this was a thread about uniform combos Georgia Southern was going to run against us?

Too funny...

I also thought that.

Too funny...

Yep, me too. Thought maybe they had a throwback jersey to Erk Russell's tenure...

There should be a friendly wager between the two programs.

A fine bag of locally grown Statesboro pecans from the Eagles versus a big sack of Minnesota's finest Red River Valley sugar beets for the Gophers...

On second thought maybe not...

There should be a friendly wager between the two programs.

A fine bag of locally grown Statesboro pecans from the Eagles versus a big sack of Minnesota's finest Red River Valley sugar beets for the Gophers...

On second thought maybe not...

We should give them oars. Nothing more Minnesotan than that.

All you have to do is look back at my first post with HC Fritz using the Pistol Option against GT, Carolina & Georgia. They are about 3 min each.

Last year we ran a simplified version of the Pistol Option based on what our new head coach wanted. This year we should be up to speed with the full package.

Larry goes 400 lbs, Curly goes 370, and Moe ran for 224 yards in our last game against your in-state big brother that does the same things y'all do.

Georgia Southern has not run the Tech PJ style Spread Triple Option in five years now.

I expect that Larry, Curly and Moe are on the defensive line.

Last edited:

Georgia Southern has not run the Tech PJ style Spread Triple Option in five years now.

Maybe you should? Could’ve beat Troy, Maybe?

Think I'll enjoy spring and summer first, allow the team to come together as normal, and then deal with this nonsense.

Top Bottom