Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

So, I don't think the forum is going to go broke hosting a little more text. Some people enjoy being football fans in different ways. I kind of like having opposing fans come here. It offers a little variety.

How can a thread with Georgia Southern last this long.....Nobody gives a crap about GSU and Minnesota will humiliate them!

I think it's cool that opposing fans come here but in April???? Maybe just hold off til August.

And I agree that we will destroy GSU. Sure, is there a chance they could beat us? Yep, just like there's a chance we could beat Clemson.

How can a thread with Georgia Southern last this long.....Nobody gives a crap about GSU and Minnesota will humiliate them!

Agreed. That is what makes this thread so fun. Looking forward to the Jackrabbit fans coming here in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will give our coach a heads up as a defense against your helmets. They will all wear medium yellow/orange visors that are polarized across the upper face mask of their helmets. You have just blown your top secrete insider info that will turn the tide against the Gophers.

You guys have a nice stadium.
Looks like it would be excellent for baseball if it weren't for the bleachers on the far side of the field.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You have 11 posts on this page alone.

* 0f those 11 posts you speak of I think their were 8 direct responses to people that posted to me.

The other posts should be on the topic of footballl

Last edited:

So, I don't think the forum is going to go broke hosting a little more text. Some people enjoy being football fans in different ways. I kind of like having opposing fans come here. It offers a little variety.

TALON to Jimbo -I think you're correct. As long as people keep posting under this thread they are interested in it & want to. check your pm

I think it's cool that opposing fans come here but in April???? Maybe just hold off til August.
And I agree that we will destroy GSU. Sure, is there a chance they could beat us? Yep, just like there's a chance we could beat Clemson.

TALON- Well GSU has only posted one thread on this board and the GSU fans are staying in that one thread. Yes, it won't be long until I and the other 2 move on to another board. It's time to get to know our 2nd opponent and there fans. I hope they are as good as the Gopher fans.

Word - "I agree that we will destroy GSU. Sure, is there a chance they could beat us? Yep, just like there's a chance we could beat Clemson."
GALON - I'm sure glad that the Gophers arn't the Tigers. We were outmatched in the Clemson but then again weren't they in the playoffs last year, or something like that. Last year was our first year back after a very bad prior 2 years. The offense was run in a very basic way. Its tis type of posts that gets me wound up! check your pm

Agreed. That is what makes this thread so fun. Looking forward to the Jackrabbit fans coming here in May.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TALON - Thanks Spoon! check your PM

IMPORTANT NOTE - I answered 3 post with only one of my own!

Last edited:

You guys have a nice stadium.
Looks like it would be excellent for baseball if it weren't for the bleachers on the far side of the field.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not bad for a baseball stadium that was turned into a football stadium. It gives Georgia State plenty of room to grow and actually try & fill it in the next 100 years.

Attendance ranking 121 Georgia State averages
2017 -15,883
2016 -15,103
2015 - 10,347
2014 - 10,347
2013 - 15,006
5 year Average over 5 years 14,373.20

A Gopher fan posted earlier that they should give State a 2 for 1 matchup for recruiting purposes. I don't know about recruiting, but you would be the first P5 team to visit the G-State panthers and it might help there attendance some!!!!!

Face-the Facts, you crazy, silly jokester you. As you have read other posts on this site you know that your not playing the Ga. State panthers. The Gophers are playing the Georgia Southern University Eagles or (The Real GSU)

This is Georgia Southern's Paulson Stadium that I have posted on this thread before. Smaller but much nicer!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Expanded_Paulson_Stadium.jpg

Last edited:

Oh, by the way, when I placed this same thread on www.gasufans.com (Flite Line) I only have 6,400 views and 127 replies.

There are a FEW really negative GSU posters on that thread & many dismiss my optimism for the upcoming year.

I have 278 replies on this thread of which 139 are from me. All of the Gopher fans are looking towards a good year building on last year.
I wish the few negative GSU fans could take a lesson from you Gopher fans!

Last edited:

Last edited:

I know many of you would like to visit Savannah Georgia which would be Southern's host city. Statesboro is about a 45 minute from Savannah International Airport. What a great road game for the Gophers.
After GSU beats the Gophers this year you will want a rematch, but you will have to come to GSU. It's only fair you know.

In 2023 I would love to drop the FCS Citadel team and add the Gophers.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/georgia-southern/

You could play in the nicest 27,000 stadium in D1

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Expanded_Paulson_Stadium.jpg

Last edited:

Last edited:

You Gophers will miss me when I leave to our 2nd opponents board, but while this thread is retired a new GSU thread will pop up at the beginning of the season.

Remember you can always visit www.gsufans.com and visit the (Talon Talk board)!

TALON

Not bad for a baseball stadium that was turned into a football stadium. It gives Georgia State plenty of room to grow and actually try & fill it in the next 100 years.

Attendance ranking 121 Georgia State averages
2017 -15,883
2016 -15,103
2015 - 10,347
2014 - 10,347
2013 - 15,006
5 year Average over 5 years 14,373.20

A Gopher fan posted earlier that they should give State a 2 for 1 matchup for recruiting purposes. I don't know about recruiting, but you would be the first P5 team to visit the G-State panthers and it might help there attendance some!!!!!

Face-the Facts, you crazy, silly jokester you. As you have read other posts on this site you know that your not playing the Ga. State panthers. The Gophers are playing the Georgia Southern University Eagles or (The Real GSU)

This is Georgia Southern's Paulson Stadium that I have posted on this thread before. Smaller but much nicer!

I saw the picture in the link. Now I'm confused. When did Panthers grow beaks...:p Anyway, It will be interesting to see if this game lives up to the hype.

I saw the picture in the link. Now I'm confused. When did Panthers grow beaks...:p Anyway, It will be interesting to see if this game lives up to the hype.

That was *GEORGIA STATES attendance over 5 years in Atlanta Ga..

Not the REAL GSU, GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLES football attendance in Paulson Stadium in Statesboro Ga. but then again I know that you knew that.:cool:

Looking forward to the game too.

Last edited:

You Gophers will miss me when I leave to our 2nd opponents board, but while this thread is retired a new GSU thread will pop up at the beginning of the season.

Remember you can always visit www.gsufans.com and visit the (Talon Talk board)!

TALON

Let Maine know that Joe Harasymiak is in good hands this year. We signed their HC as defensive assistant.

West Fargo Gopher

Do you or any of you know of any Maine football forums. They use to have one but I can't find one now.

West Fargo Gopher

Do you or any of you know of any Maine football forums. They use to have one but I can't find one now.

Never mind. I checked with the main FCS boar , Any Given Saturday, & they think their board was shut down.

Did you grow up in the 60s as a young person. I remember watching Hogan’s Hero’s at Quonset Point RI. where my father was stationed as a carrier pilot. He was also the one that picked up the monkey that the US sent into space in the capsule splash down.( My, My) ;-)

We watched it on a 25-inch black and white TV. Great Show. I was 5 - 7 years old at the time. I dint become a fan of Hogan’s Hero’s until I was in 6th grade with the reruns.

The rest of you Gophers can take a lesson from STP & I. Don't be so serious.

It's just me GSUsTALON. Shure GSU could beat the Gophers, but I WILL NOT RUB IT IN AFTER THE GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Talon, I registered last week at your forum (https://www.gsufans.com) but my authorization to post hasn't come through. Is that board a friendly place? A little reticent, perhaps?

Tell your admin not to be afraid. I'll be nice.

Talon, I registered last week at your forum (https://www.gsufans.com) but my authorization to post hasn't come through. Is that board a friendly place? A little reticent, perhaps?

Tell your admin not to be afraid. I'll be nice.

You dont have to be nice on Talon Talk just the Flite Line.

Yes you will be invited to join. Since Eagle22, the owner of the board started a new job he is not online but once a week. I will post him a message to let you on. I dont know if his mods have that power, but you will be let on. We except all! It takes at least now week now. Please send E22 a message on the forum pm before I ask him.

Glad you're going to join us in the fun! ;-) Remember the (Flite Line) for sports talk and (Talon Talk) for fact and trash.

Are you using - everybody knows my name?

LOOK AT THE TOP OF THIS SITE FOR SITE ADMIN.

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/forumdisplay.php?8-The-Flight-Line

Last edited:

Did you grow up in the 60s as a young person. I remember watching Hogan’s Hero’s at Quonset Point RI. where my father was stationed as a carrier pilot. He was also the one that picked up the monkey that the US sent into space in the capsule splash down.( My, My) ;-)

We watched it on a 25-inch black and white TV. Great Show. I was 5 - 7 years old at the time. I dint become a fan of Hogan’s Hero’s until I was in 6th grade with the reruns.

The rest of you Gophers can take a lesson from STP & I. Don't be so serious.

It's just me GSUsTALON. Shure GSU could beat the Gophers, but I WILL NOT RUB IT IN AFTER THE GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If GSU wins, a little rub would be expected. Just do a gentle rub. Okay? Violently grabbing the back of the neck and breaking the nose while rubbing ones face in it is a little too much... I don't want to have to start eating my own crap... ;)

STP and "I know your real name"

Like to have you on www.gsufans.com. Either the Flite Line or Talon Talk

From www.gsufans.com If it is taking to long to get on try this

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/announcement.php?f=8

If you are having difficulty with either user registration, forgot your username, or cannot get your password to reset using the scripts enabled on the site, please contact me via email at [email protected]

Due to the high frequency of spam accounts being registered, this site manually approves all registrations. We routinely receive between 200 and 300 'fake' gmail registrations a day .... most of these spam accounts are obvious to discern from real users, however if you have a gmail account that slows this process down tremendously ... if you have a email account from a ISP provider that is preferred for registration purposes.

One additional problem that can prevent you from posting, is if you mistakenly answer in the registration script that you are 13 years old or younger. In this case, a COPPA registration has been requested, which means your account is inactivated while we await written confirmation that you have parental permission to post. We have to manually correct this information on your registration. Again, contact us via email.

If you have not had your account approved within 72 hours of signing up, please contact us at the same email address listed above. If you have a gmail or yahoo account there is a high probability that correspondence from this site will be in your 'junk' email folder, if we even were able to decipher that your request is a valid one and not spam. This is not an easy process, so if has been a few days please contact us.

Last edited:

STP and "I know your real name"

Like to have you on www.gsufans.com. Either the Flite Line or Talon Talk

From www.gsufans.com If it is taking to long to get on try this

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/announcement.php?f=8

If you are having difficulty with either user registration, forgot your username, or cannot get your password to reset using the scripts enabled on the site, please contact me via email at [email protected]

Due to the high frequency of spam accounts being registered, this site manually approves all registrations. We routinely receive between 200 and 300 'fake' gmail registrations a day .... most of these spam accounts are obvious to discern from real users, however if you have a gmail account that slows this process down tremendously ... if you have a email account from a ISP provider that is preferred for registration purposes.

One additional problem that can prevent you from posting, is if you mistakenly answer in the registration script that you are 13 years old or younger. In this case, a COPPA registration has been requested, which means your account is inactivated while we await written confirmation that you have parental permission to post. We have to manually correct this information on your registration. Again, contact us via email.

If you have not had your account approved within 72 hours of signing up, please contact us at the same email address listed above. If you have a gmail or yahoo account there is a high probability that correspondence from this site will be in your 'junk' email folder, if we even were able to decipher that your request is a valid one and not spam. This is not an easy process, so if has been a few days please contact us.

Too late. The name has been changed as part of my agreement and entry into the witness protection plan...;) Seriously, I will try to head over there in the next couple of days.

Thanks!

Top Bottom