Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Bah, Fresno graduated 3/4 of their team, and GS has basically no chance of beating us. I haven't been worried about losing a preseason game for many years (except #2 TCU.)

The season hasn't started yet so I say we have a shot at the Gophers. Then again if GSU hasn't improved over last season then its possible your right.

Man, some day I want to have enough time to not only post on Gopherhole but also go to other teams sites and post months before a game happens.

I guess people make time to do things that they enjoy. These Georgia guys are pretty hardcore fans. If my team was being led like lambs to the slaughter, I certainly wouldn't have the audacity to go to the superior opposition's forum to trash talk. They, on the other hand, have no qualms. I've been on Gopherhole since 2010 or something, and these Georgia guys already have more posts than me! Unbelievable!

I guess people make time to do things that they enjoy. These Georgia guys are pretty hardcore fans. If my team was being led like lambs to the slaughter, I certainly wouldn't have the audacity to go to the superior opposition's forum to trash talk. They, on the other hand, have no qualms. I've been on Gopherhole since 2010 or something, and these Georgia guys already have more posts than me! Unbelievable!

Some Georgia Southern fans are brash, but we believe in our team as you believe in the Gophers.

That is not Georgia Southern that is Southern, an HBCU college that belongs to SWAC conference.

That's why Ga. State is Ga. State, Southern is from the SWAC & we are the (Real GSU)

Just a little weak smack talk. A friends wife is from Hammond Louisiana. Her father was a huge southern fan. I heard about them because of there rivalry with Grambling, another HBCU. To them, there is Southern, and then all of the other schools with Southern in their name.

Random question for our Georgia Southern friends, did Jerrick McKinnon go there?

I'm sure one day you will have that time.:cool:

I do read Bisonville a couple times a month and I've seen your posts. Have not registered on the site.

You are the only GSU fan I "know". I have family in Georgia but they are Bulldogs fans.

If Georgia Southern improved as much from 2017 - 2018 for the upcoming season we have a shot at the Gofers.

IF the Gophers have continued to improve at the rate they did between game 9 and game 13 of last season, not only will GSU get blown out by at least 5 touchdowns, the Gophers will be National Champions.

(gee, using the word IF is fun!)

Your a good poster STP. You've given me a lot of good info and it's great to throw in a little smack with your facts!

Thanks GSUsTALON! It's off season. We are all awaiting football season! May as well have a little fun.

I do read Bisonville a couple times a month and I've seen your posts. Have not registered on the site.

You are the only GSU fan I "know". I have family in Georgia but they are Bulldogs fans.

EEE GADS, they are DAWG fans. Don't trust them. ;-)

Just a little weak smack talk. A friends wife is from Hammond Louisiana. Her father was a huge southern fan. I heard about them because of there rivalry with Grambling, another HBCU. To them, there is Southern, and then all of the other schools with Southern in their name.

The SWAC teams no longer play the FCS playoffs. The short time they were their they were always beaten in the first round. They wanted the MEAC to bow out of the playoffs also so they could pit the best MEAC team against the best SWACK team for a HBCU National Championship.

Last edited:

IF the Gophers have continued to improve at the rate they did between game 9 and game 13 of last season, not only will GSU get blown out by at least 5 touchdowns, the Gophers will be National Champions.

(gee, using the word IF is fun!)

IF the Gophers can do that I might worry a little more.

At this time I am confident that GSU can take the Gophers into the 4th. What happens then, I don't know.

Last edited:

Man, some day I want to have enough time to not only post on Gopherhole but also go to other teams sites and post months before a game happens.

I'm retired & retirement isn't all that its cracked up to be unless you have planed well for it. After this year I will be going to away games along with posting to teams.

I know Adrian Peterson did. Not THAT AP. The one that played for the Bears.

This is Georgia Southern's Adrian Peterson. He never made less than 100 yards per game. He was the best Fullback GSU ever had. He had great balance & power. Georgia Southern retired his number.

He did go to the NFL. His Stats were very good but I guess they didn't want a true fullback.

An example of how he ran from the ESPN 1999 FCS National championship - 1min & 22 sec. I think you will enjoy it even though your from another school. It made the ESPN play of the week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02t-qgwhmm8

Last edited:

This is what the gophers are up against & get to look forward to if our Pistol Option is back up and running again.

GSU vs Georgia Tech last 3min under a new HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
GSU vs GThttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCcYrPSNWA

NC State last 3min under HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chaDvK8XM1E

2nd year running the Pistol Option under HC Fritz
UGA overtime 6min video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jng0ZOPUeHY

Last edited:

You Gophers keep your Fear contained. I don't want to see any of your blood pressures go up and stroke out or have a heart attack the week before the game.:cool:

Last edited:

From SBN

"The Golden Gophers went 3-6 in Big 10 play, but secured one-sided wins against Purdue and at Wisconsin. While this is a Power 5 game for the Eagles, it’s a winnable game. Fleck is still building a program and there’s a lot of youth scattered around the field."

See someone else thinks we have a chance!

From SBN

"The Golden Gophers went 3-6 in Big 10 play, but secured one-sided wins against Purdue and at Wisconsin. While this is a Power 5 game for the Eagles, it’s a winnable game. Fleck is still building a program and there’s a lot of youth scattered around the field."

See someone else thinks we have a chance!

There isn’t much inexperience however.

How can a thread with Georgia Southern last this long.....Nobody gives a crap about GSU and Minnesota will humiliate them!

How can a thread with Georgia Southern last this long.....Nobody gives a crap about GSU and Minnesota will humiliate them!

TXGopher - Because you dont know a lot about Georgia Southern. This makes you wonder what you are walking into. I also dont see any other teams posting here to challenge you.

Top Bottom