Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

The police report states and the accused admits he turned off the main highway onto a side road, the police passed him, then he got back on the highway and the police (who had turned around) passed him and did a U-turn to chase him again. Unless you’re convinced the police planted the cocaine in the wierdest way possible it seems clear the guy idiotically threw the coke out his car while driving down the side road, perhaps while turning, it landed on his hood somehow, and he attempted to remove it by running the wipers.

Sure, there’s always a smidgen of doubt with every crime but I’m not sure there is reasonable doubt about this unless these cops are sociopaths with a wierd sense of humor and planted the evidence or the test is indeed a false positive which of coirse can happen at times. I’d say he’s done, but one never knows what the lawyers can arrange.

Who is calling into question our code of conduct? The kid is currently suspended.

And if the drug charges are dropped you gonna suspend him for speeding? Nope.

And he has zero history of bad behavior.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ouch. It’s better to have it happen now, rather than 3-4 weeks from now.
Talon, I was impressed with Werts’ speed and athleticism, tbh. Who do they have for a backup

I was also impressed with Wert's last year. The HC said he had made great strides in reading the defense for the ground game and passing game after Spring practice.
If Werts is out for the first 3 games or year I think GSU has a long hard road in front of them, yet not so much with our defensive end!:cry:

247sports report

Georgia Southern announced the suspension of starting quarterback Shai Werts and starting defensive end Quan Griffin because of arrests last week. Both players face indefinite suspensions, meaning they are either out for the opener against LSU or will not have a full training camp to prepare if reinstated.

“In keeping with our student-athlete Code of Conduct, Georgia Southern University suspended quarterback Shai Werts and defensive Anquan Griffin, from all football-related operations and after we received information that the two were recently arrested in separate incidents this week,” coach Chad Lunsford announced, via WJCL reporter Frank Sulkowski. “Shai was arrested Wednesday in South Carolina during a traffic stop. It is our understanding he was charged with speed and misdemeanor possession of cocaine after some residue was discovered on the hood of the car. Quan was arrested yesterday in Baker County, Fla. It is our understanding he was charged in conjunction with a domestic dispute. The suspensions are in place to protect Shai, Quan and the university.”

GSU QBs after Werts

QB2 ,Jalon Frazier, So,

QB3, Justin Tomlin, Fr.

I think TALON is going to squirt a tear right this very second, hold on, - OK I"M OVER IT NOW!
:cool:

Last edited:

The police report states and the accused admits he turned off the main highway onto a side road, the police passed him, then he got back on the highway and the police (who had turned around) passed him and did a U-turn to chase him again. Unless you’re convinced the police planted the cocaine in the wierdest way possible it seems clear the guy idiotically threw the coke out his car while driving down the side road, perhaps while turning, it landed on his hood somehow, and he attempted to remove it by running the wipers./QUOTE]

The part of your statement that I highlighted is a pritty strange hypothesis too..

The police report states and the accused admits he turned off the main highway onto a side road, the police passed him, then he got back on the highway and the police (who had turned around) passed him and did a U-turn to chase him again. Unless you’re convinced the police planted the cocaine in the wierdest way possible it seems clear the guy idiotically threw the coke out his car while driving down the side road, perhaps while turning, it landed on his hood somehow, and he attempted to remove it by running the wipers./QUOTE]

The part of your statement that I highlighted is a pritty strange hypothesis too..

We have competing odd theories, then. I guess someone just threw their coke onto his car for some reason while he was running the wipers. Seems plausible.

It’s not surprising. If Tanner Morgan gets pulled over tomorrow with cocaine on his hood, he’ll probably be back in practice within a few days too, because it’s a big drop off to the next man up.

Honestly, Lunsford is in a tough spot on this. On one hand, the incident raises a lot of suspicion. On the other hand, the evidence is a little flimsy, and the guy has no prior record. I’d suspend him for one game, and be done with it. Unless there’s more to the story, the possession charge will be dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not surprising. If Tanner Morgan gets pulled over tomorrow with cocaine on his hood, he’ll probably be back in practice within a few days too, because it’s a big drop off to the next man up.

Honestly, Lunsford is in a tough spot on this. On one hand, the incident raises a lot of suspicion. On the other hand, the evidence is a little flimsy, and the guy has no prior record. I’d suspend him for one game, and be done with it. Unless there’s more to the story, the possession charge will be dropped.

I'm sure that's the plan as of now. If the charges get dropped before LSU I'd expect him to play.

I'm sure that's the plan as of now. If the charges get dropped before LSU I'd expect him to play.

Sounds reasonable considering no prior issues and facts on hand

Sounds reasonable considering no prior issues and facts on hand

No charges, prior issues, or facts on hand hasn’t stopped other Universities in the past.

********************#2 QB in Gopher Depth Chart**********************************

https://gophersports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1104

Tanner Morgan
Class Redshirt Freshman
Position QB
Ht./Wt. 6-2 / 210

"CAREER: Is 4-2 as a starter • made his first career start on Oct. 26, 2018 against Indiana where he threw for 302 yards (fourth most ever by a freshman since 1980 and most for a freshman making his first career start) and three touchdowns • in 2018, led Minnesota to its first road win at Wisconsin since 1994 and to a bowl victory against Georgia Tech (first time ever Minnesota has won the final game of the regular season and a bowl game).

2018 • FRESHMAN SEASON: Played in nine games and started the final six of the season • completed 89-of-152 passes for 1,401 yards (second most ever for a Gopher freshman) and nine touchdowns (tied for third most all-time for a Minnesota freshman with Zack Annexstad) • completed 58.5% of his passes, which was the eighth best single-season completion percentage in school history • Academic All-Big Ten. Game-by-Game: Made his Minnesota and collegiate debut against New Mexico State and was 1-of-1 for seven yards • saw action as a reserve against Miami and lone completion went for 28 yards • replaced an injured Zack Annexstad to start the second half at Nebraska and completed 11-of-16 passes for 214 yards • also rushed four times for 35 yards and a touchdown against the Cornhuskers • made his first career start against Indiana and completed 17-of-24 passes for 302 yards and three touchdowns • completed a 67-yard touchdown pass to Rashod Bateman with 1:34 left in the game to lift Minnesota to a 38-31 win against the Hoosiers • completed 14-of-27 passes for 258 yards and two touchdowns at Illinois • connected on an 86-yard touchdown with Rashod Bateman at Illinois, which was Minnesota’s longest passing play since Asad Abdul-Khaliq threw a school-record 96-yard touchdown to Jared Ellerson at Northwestern on Oct. 4, 2003 • threw for 139 yards and one touchdown on 10 completions against Purdue • completed 19-of-32 passes for 197 yards and one touchdown against Northwestern • connected on 9-of-16 passes for 124 yards and rushed three times for 12 yards in a win at Wisconsin • completed 7-of-13 passes for 132 yards and two touchdowns against Georgia Tech. "

2017: Redshirted.

SO IS MORGAN GOING TO BE THE NEXT QB OR THE 3rd String QB

Last edited:

Morgan technically wasn’t the 2nd string QB. The starter for this season hadn’t been chosen. If you do the research, you’ll see Morgan was more effective last season. He was the QB for wins over Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech. Annexstad didn’t win a single Big Ten game. To be fair, He wasn’t the reason they lost those games. Some think Annexstad has a higher ceiling (I’m not convinced of this, but whatever), but also a lower floor. Morgan is the safer bet for the type of offense this team needs to play to win consistently, IMO - ball control, mistake free football. There’s a reason why Gopherhole isn’t in panic mode over this injury. From a depth perspective, it does hurt, because there’s most likely a big drop off to the next man up if Morgan goes down.

Yeah, I said 42-7 at the half--only 35-7, there's just not enough time. 1st drive of second half will make it 42-7. Sorry.

Yeah, I said 42-7 at the half--only 35-7, there's just not enough time. 1st drive of second half will make it 42-7. Sorry.

You dont have to be sorry. Just except your loss to GSU and be grateful your beating wasn't worse!!!!:cool:

You dont have to be sorry. Just except your loss to GSU and be grateful your beating wasn't worse!!!!:cool:

Are you going to be okay when GSU gets destroyed? Do you have someone lined up you can call? I’m concerned for your wellbeing talon.

Damn...In addition to 4 very good running backs, a bunch of good WRs, and 400 lb OT, now you’re gonna have to contend with a 6-7, 270 TE who played WR in high school. He’s a RS freshman, but we keep hearing about how good he’s going to be.

https://twitter.com/hobiefox9/status/1158871061263466498?s=21

Are you going to be okay when GSU gets destroyed? Do you have someone lined up you can call? I’m concerned for your wellbeing talon.

I hope you realize if you Gopher fans weren't fervent in their view of beating GSU I'd be disappointed. In fact the Gophers should feel that way against every opponent they play in 2019.

I think this is one of the reasons the Gophers enjoy this thread. The GSU team & most fans will not give you the game until one of us wins it. I, TALON, will not give the Gophers the advantage even with the P5 players you have.

PARTY ON GOPHERS & HAVE A 6 PACK ON Pinito & Jesh!

Last edited:

One of our several standout RB’s highlights from the GT game. He was a Freshman and 3rd string RB. The two above him on the depth chart were injured last season, but they’ll be back for a three headed attack.

Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/cLNDM7LRIVg

One of our several standout RB’s highlights from the GT game. He was a Freshman and 3rd string RB. The two above him on the depth chart were injured last season, but they’ll be back for a three headed attack.
Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/cLNDM7LRIVg
''
Very nice running. Quick to the corner, Hard driving up the middle and above all good balance when hit.

Can you except that from TALON, a true Triple Option, run first fan?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...&mid=F12F7544E8A0F6B804DDF12F7544E8A0F6B804DD

He kind of looks like our AP. A fullback under Paul Johnson at GSU. AP was never held under 100 yards against FCS or FBS teams and played for 4 years.

I remember a Georgia Fan making a bet with me that Georgia would win the GSU/Uga game that year. He asked me how many points I wanted & I told him I take nor give no points. I made a side bet that UGA would not be able to hold our fullback under 100 yards.

I pritty much knew that UGA would take the QB and pitch man and let our FB take the brunt of the yardage UGA would lose. Our passing game was not going to win the UGA game for GSU.

I lost $50 on the score but broke even with the THuga fan because AP, our full back, had 152 yards against THuga.

Last edited:

he's lost to NDSU bad before, so he will be alright with the loss to the Gophers LOL

Jerrick Mckinnon isn't walking onto TCF field.

he's lost to NDSU bad before, so he will be alright with the loss to the Gophers LOL

Jerrick Mckinnon isn't walking onto TCF field.

Go back and check the records on AP. NO LOSS TO NDSU! You must be thinking of a Gopher game and a Gopher running back!

Check your PM

''
Very nice running. Quick to the corner, Hard driving up the middle and above all good balance when hit.

Can you except that from TALON, a true Triple Option, run first fan?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...&mid=F12F7544E8A0F6B804DDF12F7544E8A0F6B804DD

He kind of looks like our AP. A fullback under Paul Johnson at GSU. AP was never held under 100 yards against FCS or FBS teams and played for 4 years.

I remember a Georgia Fan making a bet with me that Georgia would win the GSU/Uga game that year. He asked me how many points I wanted & I told him I take nor give no points. I made a side bet that UGA would not be able to hold our fullback under 100 yards.

I pritty much knew that UGA would take the QB and pitch man and let our FB take the brunt of the yardage UGA would lose. Our passing game was not going to win the UGA game for GSU.

I lost $50 on the score but broke even with the THuga fan because AP, our full back, had 152 yards against THuga.

AP was a good college back. I remember him from the Bears. Unfortunately, he won’t be walking into TCF Bank stadium.

McKinnon would have scared me a little, but he gone too. Werts is decent, but he’s no Jerick.

Obviously I can't tell from the video. However the surface looks to more like carpet than the softer version of turf now available. Am I correct about that, or is the field the newer turf that is available as opposed to the harder surface?
I can confirm that our players said it was like playing on concrete.

Drug charges were just dropped.

Drug charges were just dropped.

That was predictable.

This was the problem all along...

“The solicitor's office said "there was no way to prove (Shai) had any idea what the substance on his car was."

That was predictable.

This was the problem all along...

“The solicitor's office said "there was no way to prove (Shai) had any idea what the substance on his car was."

Yep. And word on the street right now is that they also now know what was on the hood of the car was not a controlled substance.

AKA it was probably actually a ton of bird poop like the QB originally claimed. In the video you can hear Werts explaining to the cops how he tried to squeegee it all off but couldn't get the stuff off the hood.

Edit: It has been confirmed. The tests came back negative. It was not cocaine.

Last edited:

Yep. And word on the street right now is that they also now know what was on the hood of the car was not a controlled substance.

AKA it was probably actually a ton of bird poop like the QB originally claimed. In the video you can hear Werts explaining to the cops how he tried to squeegee it all off but couldn't get the stuff off the hood.

Edit: It has been confirmed. The tests came back negative. It was not cocaine.

I be hear'n words on the skreek & it be say'n skrawberrys and skrimp will be sold at TCF for the BIG GAME along wif grits.!!!!!

DO dis be tru or falstaf?

Dat's whut D SDSU fans say'n!

Last edited:

Top Bottom