Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Tried to find Worts on the GSU roster, but danged if I could. I used to have some worts on my hands, but Compound W took care of them.

The plontar worts on my feet are worse. Hard to get rid of. Thank goodness I don’t have gonital worts.

:eek: Talon!

Maybe you should have the Gophers defense take a bath in Compound W before the game. That way after you tackle him 15 yards down field Werts wont hurt them!:cool:

Purdue certainly had an up and down year, and I’m pretty sure they expected to roll over the Gophers. That game ended up looking similar to the Georgia Tech win...not competitive at all. The Wisconsin win was like that too.

But Purdue still has some talent. Beating OSU is not easy.

Anyway, this was entertaining for a while, but I’m beyond bored with it. I’m content to wait and see how it plays out.

Pitino, I have no problem with the gophers beating Purdue & GT. you played better and the Gophers deserved those wins, But this should be a much better GSU team this year and I don't think you have played a good Shotgun option in your past!

GSU update on new walk on Punter.

Running back A.J. Brown, who was named The Augusta Chronicle’s Georgia Player of the Year and first team All-State, said he chose Georgia Southern after a long process of thinking about schools and talking it over with his parents. The proximity to home was a big factor.

He rushed for nearly 4,000 yards and scored 40 touchdowns in two years, according to head coach Todd Booker. Brown credits the Harlem program for his success.

“It’s just helped me a lot through the season to make me good,” he said.

Punter Kevin Jones will join Brown at Georgia Southern. The two-year starter served as defensive back but led the state with a 49.3 yard average as a punter which earned him a spot on the first team All-State and the Ray Guy Award from the Augusta Sports Council.

Now Jones is focusing on earning a spot as a starter for the Eagles in the fall and looking forward to the tradition of his future school.

“I just felt like it was the place for me,” he said. “I fit in real well down there and enjoy what they’ve got going on.”

Coach “These guys are in this position now because of what they did in the classroom,” he said. “They put themselves in this position because of hard work and good grades.”

With Johns averaging 49.3 yards per punt I guess if we have a bad offensive set of downs we can still back the Gophers up!

Last edited:

As I have also said before GSU has one of the best field goal kickers in the NCAA with a great percentage rate and a a range of of 50+ yards.

Last edited:

LMAO, you’re hyping your freshman punter?

We might not even need our punter against y’all (see Georgia Tech game-zero punts).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We might not even need our punter against y’all (see Georgia Tech game-zero punts).

Our 1st string kicker kicks FG, PATs and kick offs. You might want to check his stats. He will make it to the NFL as an all purpose kicker easer than the 2 kickers you have.

It doesn't matter if Jones is a freshman, if he can averages 49 yards a punt he can start if needed. If nothing else we have a back up kicker and one in training.

Remember I said GSU would win by 3 points.

Last edited:

That was GT, not GSU! New season different style of option!

Our 1st string kicker kicks FG, PATs and kick offs. You might want to check his stats. He will make it to the NFL as an all purpose kicker easer than the 2 kickers you have.

It doesn't matter if Jones is a freshman, if he can averages 49 yards a punt he can start if needed. If nothing else we have a back up kicker and one in training.

Remember I said GSU would win by 3 points.

What’s the punter’s hang time? If he outkicks his coverage, this could happen.

https://youtu.be/Sbgde6So8I4

“I’m gonna say it one more time. We are Georgia Southern. Our colors are blue and white. We call ourselves the Bald Eagles. We call our offense the Georgia Power Company…and that’s a terrific name for an offense. Our snap count is 'rate, hike.' We practice on the banks of Beautiful Eagle Creek and that’s in Statesboro, Georgia–the gnat capital of America. Our weekends begin on Thursday. The co-eds outnumber the men 3-to-2. They’re all good looking and they’re all rich. And folks, you just can’t beat that…and you just can’t beat Georgia Southern. And you ain’t seen nothin yet.”

“One more time for the greatest team in America!”

Erk Russell

PLEASE use your entire offensive playbook against GSU. It's the only way the Gophers have a chance!

Don’t worry. I don’t think Fleck does anything half way, and he’s a nervous guy, who doesn’t take any team lightly. If he was playing against Eden Prairie high school, he’d probably unleash the entire playbook.

Shouldn’t you be focused on LSU this week?

Last edited:

PLEASE use your entire offensive playbook against GSU. It's the only way the Gophers have a chance!

Ok, let's be real here. Gophers can't just show up and win, GSU is too good for that. But you're far from our toughest opponent

Don’t worry. I don’t think Fleck does anything half way, and he’s a nervous guy, who doesn’t take any team lightly. If he was playing against Eden Prairie high school, he’d probably unleash the entire playbook.

Shouldn’t you be focused on LSU this week?

I'm on www.gsufans.com and on the LSU board talking about the game.

Ok, let's be real here. Gophers can't just show up and win, GSU is too good for that. But you're far from our toughest opponent

OK, I can go with not being the toughest team on the Gophers schedule. Neither is GSU the weakest!

You're closer to bottom than the top. Good luck to your squad vs LSU

I think GSU should be ranked as the Gophers 8th toughest opponent at this point.:cool:

The LSU game will be interesting. The game will now be broad cast on the SEC network not ESPNU, because of the hurricane.

All you Gopher fans should hope we pull off the upset or come within 3. Why you ask. It will improve your strength of schedule.

Last edited:

Traitor! You sold us out to SDSU! I thought you wanted us to win to help your schedule strength...((fakes being angry, storms off)).

I want the Gophers to win that game but I also want to see them play you tough until half way through the third. I want to see your offense and defense at work.

A blow out won't let me see that unless you take over half way through the game. If the Gophers were to lose to the SDSU it would not help GSU at all. If you win your first 2 games you move up in the polls which does help GSU when we we beat you!

Last edited:

Will be watching the game tonight do not let the row boat sink.

If you do whoa unto you.

WTOC NEWS

SALUDA COUNTY, S.C. (WTOC) - The deputy who arrested Georgia Southern quarterback Shai Werts nearly a month ago is under an internal investigation, WTOC has confirmed.

The Saluda County Sheriff’s Office says Werts’ arrest and Deputy Charles Browder III’s actions and conduct during that arrest are the subject of an ongoing investigation being conducted by the agency. The Eagles’ junior quarterback was arrested for misdemeanor cocaine possession and speeding after being pulled over by Browder on July 31.

To STOGopher

I want the Gophers to win that game but I also want to see them play you tough until half way through the third. I want to see your offense and defense at work.

A blow out won't let me see that unless you take over half way through the game. If the Gophers were to lose to the SDSU it would not help GSU at all. If you win your first 2 games you move up in the polls which does help GSU when we we beat you!

I warned you guys against top 10 FCS teams. I'm glad the Gophers pulled it out at the end. While I thought it would be close until after half time I also thought your offensive line and defensive front 7 would have taken over in the second half & really warn them out. It appears that both sides of the gopher lines need to work some kinks out.

You've got a better opponent next week. I hope the Gophers staff can work the kinks out! I WANT THE GOPHERS TO BE 2-0) when GSU plays them. The higher the Gophers are in the polls the better GSU looks WIN< WIN or suffers a loss!

AS you know we play LSU on Saturday. I'm not throwing bricks because GSU is untested and at present live in a glass domed stadium.

PS - DONT UNDERESTIMATE GSU!!!!!:cool:

TALON

Last edited:

Top Bottom