Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Georgia Southern: 128 out of 129 in passing offense.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/25/p3

That was ages ago. We replaced the d coordinator since then and have been strong defensively in every game since he's taken over. Including games against GT and Wisconsin which are known for their run games.

Ages ago? It was Rodent Rampage's site that he posted back in post 412.

The last update from that site was in 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ages ago? It was Rodent Rampage's site that he posted back in post 412.

The last update from that site was in 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time goes by faster in the north. We changed D-coordinaters mid/late-season last year and had very positive results afterwards.

So far the replacement has been a big improvement after some bed-poops got the last guy canned during the season.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

THANK YOU STPGOPHER!

It will take both teams best efforts to win this matchup. Looking forward to a close game.

THANKS TALON

If it takes our best effort to beat GSU gopher team is not as good we thought.

That doesn't mean we can take GSU lightly, but you're far from our toughest opponent

If it takes our best effort to beat GSU gopher team is not as good we thought.

That doesn't mean we can take GSU lightly, but you're far from our toughest opponent

I am not saying that the Gophers are not a good P5 team.

I'm am saying that you are looking at a G5 school that has gotten better than last years 10-3 record.

I am not underestimating the Gophers, but the Gophers are underestimating GSU

Time goes by faster in the north. We changed D-coordinaters mid/late-season last year and had very positive results afterwards.

So far the replacement has been a big improvement after some bed-poops got the last guy canned during the season.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

What month was your D- coordinater replaced in 2018?

A new jingle:

Get your degree!
Set yourself free!
Georgia Southern University!

What month was your D- coordinater replaced in 2018?
The week after the Illinois game which was on deer opener in early November. Never forget walking in to deer camp and hearing the score of that game, what a let down. After that coordinator correction, the Gophers were a totally different team

The week after the Illinois game which was on deer opener in early November. Never forget walking in to deer camp and hearing the score of that game, what a let down. After that coordinator correction, the Gophers were a totally different team

I know what you mean. Its amassing what one coach can do!

I know what you mean. Its amassing what one coach can do!

amass verb
\ ə-ˈmas \
amassed; amassing; amasses

Definition of amass
transitive verb

1 : to collect for oneself : ACCUMULATE
amass a great fortune
2 : to collect into a mass : GATHER
must select rather than simply amass details

intransitive verb

: to come together : ASSEMBLE
Dark clouds amassed over the city.

amass verb
\ ə-ˈmas \
amassed; amassing; amasses

Definition of amass
transitive verb

1 : to collect for oneself : ACCUMULATE
amass a great fortune
2 : to collect into a mass : GATHER
must select rather than simply amass details

intransitive verb

: to come together : ASSEMBLE
Dark clouds amassed over the city.

Yes dark clouds will amass over the Gopher's stadium after the GSU victory!
Yes a GREAT team from S.E. Georgia amasses to spring the gophers, varmints, rodents from their underground dwellings.

GSU will not need shovels to root out the gophers.

Last edited:

Good, it will make a close game!!!:cool:

Huh?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/iAynA4oFVjpMA" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/mrw-hours-elaborate-iAynA4oFVjpMA">via GIPHY</a></p>

The explanation to my earlier post is that if the Gophers have not improved on offense and defense like GSU has, in the past year, the gophers are in for a ruff time.

Out of curiosity how many college football message boards do you post on? I know you post on at least three but Im guessing Its way more than that.

Out of curiosity how many college football message boards do you post on? I know you post on at least three but Im guessing Its way more than that.

He only goes to boards really interested in talking GSU football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Georgia Southern football team isn't composed of mere mortals, but the very Gods of Olympus come down to Earth, with Apollo on his fiery chariot, the strength of Hercules and Zeus throwing his bolts of lightning. Mere mortals cannot withstand against such might and should avert their eyes and quake with fear.

GSUsTalon still think that's underestimating Georgia Southern.

You're right my evidence starts in 2014 the first year we moved to the FBS. With ALLMOST all of its 85 scholarships filled vs the 63 scholarships, from the fcs, the year before.

HOW LONG HAVE THE GOPHERS BEEN IN A P5 CONFRENCE WITH THE CHANCE TO RECRUTE P5 ATHLETES????

You're saying that your not impressed with GSUs comeback after the 2 miserable 2016-17 seasons. How impressed will the Big 10 & P5 teams be with your inevitable loss to a G5 GSU team?????

Here are 2 other P5 teams from 2014 - 2015 that we were supposed to lose big to? NC State and UGA

NC State last 3min under HC Fritz using the Shotgun Option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chaDvK8XM1E

2nd year running the Shotgun Option under HC Fritz
vs #5 UGA overtime 6min video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jng... South Michigan and the other Sun Felt teams.

He only goes to boards really interested in talking GSU football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I visit all our opponents boards some before the season & during the season. The 2nd team on our schedule doesn't have a site or I'd be sharing my insight and valuable time with them also.:clap:

I just hope you look better than you did against Troy, and Eastern South Michigan and the other Sun Felt teams.

2018 was truly a rebuilding year. I only thought GSU would win 6-7 games, but instead went 9-3 & then on to a bowl win.

A lot of fans thought our team were a bunch of over achievers. If so thats fine. They played 4 quarters of football each game and never gave in.

****A great starting base for a new coaching staff!!!!!

If your players buy into what the coaching staff wants then the players will work for it, never give in or give up, then they will succeed. If the players don't have that mindset its hard to teach them and get results on the field.

Last edited:

I posted this before. GSUs Head Coach & staff stated that last year we ran a limited offensive playbook. In spring practice he said the offense had made great strides and the offense will be more complex and much better (MAYBE its JUST COACH SPEAK) He also stated that the defense that was good last year has become much better. With the benefit of summer practice I hope that the GSU team refines and becomes even better on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:

The Georgia Southern football team isn't composed of mere mortals, but the very Gods of Olympus come down to Earth, with Apollo on his fiery chariot, the strength of Hercules and Zeus throwing his bolts of lightning. Mere mortals cannot withstand against such might and should avert their eyes and quake with fear.

GSUsTalon still think that's underestimating Georgia Southern.

No we do not rely on Greek or Roman gods to win games. Each coach and player relies on the "TEAM Effort" and his individual talent that he worked on during practice.

I am not underestimating the Gophers, but the Gophers are underestimating GSU

I can say with a lot of confidence that no members of the team post here. What random fans say on a message board have no influence over the teams or the game.

I can say with a lot of confidence that no members of the team post here. What random fans say on a message board have no influence over the teams or the game.

Family members of players post here though. I know Tyler Moore's dad used to and others.

Thats right, no team member should worry about another teams posters! The banter is just for the fans.

The gopher team members may not post here but I suspect many read the posts.

Last edited:

Top Bottom