Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

We’ll probably see a lot of Seth Green in this game, so you might want to check out his highlights the team tweeted today.

A little background....he was recruited as a dual threat QB, but it was clear that he wasn’t going to be in the running for the starting job, so they moved him to WR/Wildcat QB, and he gets used a lot in short yardage/goal line situations. He’s 6’4” 240, and pretty fast and athletic. He usually runs the ball himself, but he will occasionally hand it off or throw a pass. He had 8 rushing TDs and 2 passing last season. He’s bigger than your linebackers. Good luck.

https://twitter.com/gopherfootball/status/1155978915539591178?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

We’ll probably see a lot of Seth Green in this game, so you might want to check out his highlights the team tweeted today.

A little background....he was recruited as a dual threat QB, but it was clear that he wasn’t going to be in the running for the starting job, so they moved him to WR/Wildcat QB, and he gets used a lot in short yardage/goal line situations. He’s 6’4” 240, and pretty fast and athletic. He usually runs the ball himself, but he will occasionally hand it off or throw a pass. He had 8 rushing TDs and 2 passing last season. He’s bigger than your linebackers. Good luck.

Haha - He's a big dude! We have a 290 lb Nose Tackle that we occasionally put in at RB - so that's fun. I feel that I should add here that he played both RB and NT in HS so it's not really THAT weird.

https://twitter.com/NCAAFNation247/status/1041028351811641345?s=20

Last edited:

Pitino - "A little background....he was recruited as a dual threat QB, but it was clear that he wasn’t going to be in the running for the starting job, so they moved him to WR/Wildcat QB, and he gets used a lot in short yardage/goal line situations. He’s 6’4” 240, and pretty fast."

TALON- You say he will probably be used a lot. It sounds like he would make a better tight end than a wide receiver. So you think the Gophers will be using him a lot for first downs and goal line offence or be used more than he regularly is? Hit him hard and hit him low!

Pitino - "A little background....he was recruited as a dual threat QB, but it was clear that he wasn’t going to be in the running for the starting job, so they moved him to WR/Wildcat QB, and he gets used a lot in short yardage/goal line situations. He’s 6’4” 240, and pretty fast."

TALON- You say he will probably be used a lot. It sounds like he would make a better tight end than a wide receiver. So you think the Gophers will be using him a lot for first downs and goal line offence or be used more than he regularly is? Hit him hard and hit him low!

They usually bring him in on 2nd or 3rd and 3 yards or less, or inside the 5 yard line. He runs through people, not around. He ran the ball 76 times, and did not lose yardage on a single play. Whether they use him more in other situations depends on his development as a WR. He has a lot of competition at that position.

They usually bring him in on 2nd or 3rd and 3 yards or less, or inside the 5 yard line. He runs through people, not around. He ran the ball 76 times, and did not lose yardage on a single play. Whether they use him more in other situations depends on his development as a WR. He has a lot of competition at that position.

The video says TE Seth Green. I cant run the video in slow motion but I didn't see him catch as a TE. Still he looks very good!

From www.gsufans.com.

PowerEagle- I wish we got this sort of in-depth scouting on all our opponents. What did Minnesota ever do to you?

TALON- GSUFANS could get more in depth info if our posters went to other boards, gave the facts about GSU and threw a little lite weight trash in the mix. I pick up a lot of info about the Gophers up from other posts I have read on the Gopher Hole and bring them back to GSU fans. That way you don't have to search for everything on the net.

studenteagle -]It’s not just here. I went and checked their message board after the overlooking Maine thread popped up. Talon’s thread on their board is over 50 pages. That is not an accidental 0. It is over 50 pages

TALON - They are more interested in GSU because a few of us went over to meet their fans. I know that some of the Gopher fans ranked us lower in the GSU chances of winning the game because of me mixing Fact & trash. Still they are a fair and good group of fans.

From the Gopher Board

btowngopher -
]@Iowa
@NW
Wisconsin
PSU
Nebraska
@Purdue
Maryland
@Fresno State
Georgia Southern
@Rutgers
Illinois
South Dakota State[/QUOTE]

btowngopher - "I'd probably put GSU above Fresno if the Fresno game was at home."[/QUOT

TALON- GSUFANS could get more in depth info if our posters went to other boards, gave the facts about GSU and threw a little lite weight trash in the mix

Last edited:

TALON - Like I said GSU FOOTBALL, OUT WEIGHRD BUT SELDOM OUT PLAYED! HIT HIM LOW AND HIT HIM HARD!

Don’t you think Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin, GT, Fresno, etc would know that going low would be the best way to tackle a big guy like that? You say it like it’s a well kept secret. Green doesn’t just stand there and wait for someone to take him out at the knees. He tends to lower his shoulder and take the tackler on, which makes it difficult to “hit him low.”

Don’t you think Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin, GT, Fresno, etc would know that going low would be the best way to tackle a big guy like that? You say it like it’s a well kept secret. Green doesn’t just stand there and wait for someone to take him out at the knees. He tends to lower his shoulder and take the tackler on, which makes it difficult to “hit him low.”

It's all about coaching. There are many plays that require a tackle that is not perfect, but many Collage players look at a glory tackle from the NFL, and pass up a technically correct tackling. When you play for a great collage football defensive coordinator he drills it into the players and makes them execute.

I'm sure your your HC and DC believe the same thing.

DO YOU DIDAGREE?

Last edited:

The video says TE Seth Green. I cant run the video in slow motion but I didn't see him catch as a TE. Still he looks very good!

There is at least one catch, but he was also our wildcat QB, which was his main role

GSUsTALON,

I've engaged in a combination of lurking and occasional posting on the board for a little while now. I gotta tell you: I've never seen an opposing fan post like you. You, I like you. You've got a spirit that is not to be found in another. Sometime, we must drink. But fair warning - I drink more than my share! Uber.

Cheers,
touchdownvikings

It's all about coaching. There are many plays that require a tackle that is not perfect, but many Collage players look at a glory tackle from the NFL, and pass up a technically correct tackling. When you play for a great collage football defensive coordinator he drills it into the players and makes them execute.

DO YOU DIDAGREE?

Yeah, a linebacker or D-lineman can probably bring him down with a perfect form tackle, but you can see what happens when a corner tries in the first play of the highlight videos (TD against New Mexico State). He ran two of them over, and almost took out one of his own players too, on his way into the end zone. He’s as physical of a runner as you’ll ever see.

BTW, he’s a WR, not a TE.

GSUsTALON,

I've engaged in a combination of lurking and occasional posting on the board for a little while now. I gotta tell you: I've never seen an opposing fan post like you. You, I like you. You've got a spirit that is not to be found in another. Sometime, we must drink. But fair warning - I drink more than my share! Uber.

Cheers,
touchdownvikings

TALON to TDV

Thanks, and I hope the GSU vs Gopher game will be close. I do think that GSU will take the Gophers late in the game!
Drink all you want, its good for you! Maybe GSU can play the Vikings in 10 years! :p

Yeah, a linebacker or D-lineman can probably bring him down with a perfect form tackle, but you can see what happens when a corner tries in the first play of the highlight videos (TD against New Mexico State). He ran two of them over, and almost took out one of his own players too, on his way into the end zone. He’s as physical of a runner as you’ll ever see.

BTW, he’s a WR, not a TE.

PINTIO - Yeah, a linebacker or D-lineman can probably bring him down with a perfect form tackle, but you can see what happens when a corner tries in the first play.

TALON - The defensive corners and safeties' do have it harder in the open field. then again he might not make it past GSU's front 7!:cool:

PINTIO - Yeah, a linebacker or D-lineman can probably bring him down with a perfect form tackle, but you can see what happens when a corner tries in the first play.

TALON - The defensive corners and safeties' do have it harder in the open field. then again he might not make it past GSU's front 7!:cool:

The fact that the most overconfident fan I’ve ever come across qualified that statement with “might not” tells me all I need to know.

The fact that the most overconfident fan I’ve ever come across qualified that statement with “might not” tells me all I need to know. /QUOTE]

TALON - I'm not overconfident I just believe in my team, as you believe in the Gophers. Please go back and read my post!

Last edited:

DO YOU DIDAGREE?

I prefer single pictures.

The fact that the most overconfident fan I’ve ever come across qualified that statement with “might not” tells me all I need to know. /QUOTE]

TALON - I'm not overconfident I just believe in my team, as you believe in the Gophers. Please go back and read my post!

You clearly believe in them, but I’m sensing some doubt lately. The good news is, in a few years you’ll get a couple more cracks at beating a Big Ten team when you play Nebraska and Wisconsin.

You clearly believe in them, but I’m sensing some doubt lately. The good news is, in a few years you’ll get a couple more cracks at beating a Big Ten team when you play Nebraska and Wisconsi

I'm looking forward to those match ups! If you think you can beat GSU easily then you ate over confident also!

I'm looking forward to those match ups! If you think you can beat GSU easily then you ate over confident also!

I don't think anyone thinks we'll beat GSU easily, but it would take several mistakes for gophers lose, which can and do happen.

You're basing a lot of your impressions on a gopher team that hasn't exactly been a historical power house, and I understand that.

I'm not worried about our ability to score, Gophers will probably put up 30+ points. If our defense can't contain GSU offense, it'll be concerning because we'll be facing much better offenses as season progresses.

I don't expect this game to be a nail biting affair, but have no worry, I'll be there in person

I don't think anyone thinks we'll beat GSU easily, but it would take several mistakes for gophers lose, which can and do happen.

You're basing a lot of your impressions on a gopher team that hasn't exactly been a historical power house, and I understand that.

I'm not worried about our ability to score, Gophers will probably put up 30+ points. If our defense can't contain GSU offense, it'll be concerning because we'll be facing much better offenses as season progresses.

I don't expect this game to be a nail biting affair, but have no worry, I'll be there in person

well, I'm not scared of GSU.

Talon thinks we're underestimating GSU, it's possible we are, but he's definitely underestimating Gophers

SALZIE- You're basing your opinion on GSU's 2016 - 2017 team and our 2018 comeback year! Yes you do underestimate GSU & thats OK.

MinneStoa- Please let me do the thinking for you!

Georgia Southern announces indefinite suspensions for starting quarterback and defensive end.

Yikes.

Top Bottom