Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

On Saint Simons Island, GA

There was very little wind or rain. Power was out for only 2 hours and no flooding.

Good for GA. I visited Savannah in 2017 for the first time. Plus, I’ll be in Athens on our off week for the Bulldogs vs Irish game.

Just glad we aren’t playing any team from imperiled Alabama this week.

Are y’all Falcons fans?

Watching the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well things aren't looking good for my original prediction of GSU 31 - Gophers 28. I placed to much on the idea that GSU had great gains over the summer.

GSU vs Maine stats

https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401121936

The GSU stats show GSU with 395 rushing yard, which makes me feel good and 458 total yards. 458 total yards should add up to more than 28 GSU points!
GSUs defensive stats shoe Maine with 307 passing yards and & 52 rushing yards. Those passing yards don't make me feel good

You can't give up on your squad dude!

I will always pull for GSU and believe that GSU will win no matter the odds against us. We are still not the GSU of old, but I am a GSU fan. IF we do lose to the Gophers I'll be one of the first on this board to give the Gophers their due congrats.

PARTY ON Johnny!

I for one have not given up hope that my men in blue will prevail over the gophers this up coming Saturday.

U is offering free tickets to employees of the U for the game. Just got an email

I didn't realize how muscular a gopher is until you take the skin off! Very impressive!

That was my first reaction too. Looks like Ronnie Coleman.

Although I suppose everybody looks pretty jacked when you skin the fat off.

This doesn’t sound very encouraging for Werts.

My understanding is Tomlin has more speed, but I don’t know enough about either QB to know which one gives GSU the best chance to win on the field.

Talon, what are your thoughts on this?

——-

QB Shai Werts still day to day (shoulder strain) and coach says they are moving forward under assumption that Justin Tomlin is starting QB.

Teammate Logan Wright told me he was pumped about Tomlin’s 153-yd rushing performance vs Maine — called it a “coming out party”

@WSAVBlitz

https://twitter.com/wsavconnord/status/1171136220237303809?s=21

My understanding is Tomlin has more speed, but I don’t know enough about either QB to know which one gives GSU the best chance to win on the field.

——-

QB Shai Werts still day to day (shoulder strain) and coach says they are moving forward under assumption that Justin Tomlin is starting QB.

Teammate Logan Wright told me he was pumped about Tomlin’s 153-yd rushing performance vs Maine — called it a “coming out party”

@WSAVBlitz

Just want to make the Gophers prep for two QBs.

——-

@WSAVBlitz

Werts gives the Eagle's a better chance since he has a better understanding of the offense due to the fact that he has more game experience. Tomlin has shown that he can also run the offense but he is not at the point were the Eagles can put the entire offense and game into his hands as they can do with Werts.

This match up should not have 75 pages and counting. Ridiculous. Wisconsin or Iowa yes but Georgia Southern lol. Seriously.

No one expects you too.

It doesn't matter what you or others think,

GSU wins this one in a close one with a 3 point field goal.

Sadly for the Gophers thats the way it goes!

——-

@WSAVBlitz

https://twitter.com/wsavconnord/sta...m is in good shape but Tomlin can do the job!

Are there other types of field goals in CFB that I'm not aware of...?

Since GSU is almost exclusively a running team, I think this is a relevant stat.

Fresno’s QB, Jorge Reyna, likes to run the ball a lot. Here are his rushing numbers for the first two games.

USC: 20 carries, 88 yards.
Minnesota: 11 carries,-19 yards.

Fresno’s team rushing yards...

USC: 206
Minnesota: 57

I don’t think Tomlin is much of a passing threat, so as long as the Gopher defense stays disciplined, and stays in their lanes (unlike Maine, they sucked), it might look a lot like the Georgia Tech game.

Also...Tomlin was a fumbling machine in the Maine game, so that could be a factor too. To be fair, the Gophers didn’t hang on to the ball very well in the Fresno game, but that’s not the norm. Fumbles and untimely penalties (3 of them when we stopped them on 3rd down!) are the reasons the game was close.

Last edited:

Never under estimate any opponent. GSU can be just as dangerous as SDSU or FSU. IMHO, the Gophers have improved each game. The GSU game will be no different. If the Gophers Defense maintain containment discipline, they will have a good chance of neutralizing GSUs run game.

Last edited:

Are there other types of field goals in CFB that I'm not aware of...?

Maybe so. It could be GSUs super secret 75 yard field goal.

Remember their are field goal ATTEMPTS and then the WINNING GSU field goal over the Gophers!

Maybe so. It could be GSUs super secret 75 yard field goal.

Remember their are field goal ATTEMPTS and then the WINNING GSU field goal over the Gophers!

Again, right over your head.

Again, right over your head.

No, over your defenses heads for 3 points & the win!
GSU had 395 rushing yards with 3 different backs gaining over 100 yards each!!!

PICK YOUR POISION!

Last edited:

No, over your defenses heads for 3 points & the win!
GSU had 395 rushing yards with 3 different backs gaining over 100 yards each!!!

PICK YOUR POISION!

And somehow, they only scored two TDs. And, the vaunted secondary that you bragged about gave up 300 yards passing to Maine. I’m not impressed.

Top Bottom