Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

I think he’s saying losing close games to UGA, NC, and Georgia Tech in 2014-2015 is better than the Gophers beating Fresno and the P5 teams we beat last year. Never mind the fact that the Gophers beat GT to a pulp last year...something that GSU could only do in Talon’s dreams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we did lose to NC, GT, & Georgia in our first 2 years of GSU being in FbS. WE took #5 Georgia into overtime. we lost to NC by 1 and GT by about 4 points. GSU was leading GT and NC in the last 2 minutes of the game. While the Gophers have had years of recruiting FBS level GSU was basically using FCS players in those games[/U]. Although a lose is a loss I can except that in our first 2 years of FBS.

As far as GT is concerned when GSU played GT they were ranked 8th in the AP at the end of the season and were 11-3 the year GSU played them. When the Gophers played GT they were ranked 57th & had just won 7 games for the season. GSU dropped 38 points on GT and the Gophers put up 34 points against a lesser team. As I remember HC Paul Johnson did not coach in your game. He was the HC, OC and offensive play caller.

Last edited:

^
Clemson only scored 38 on GSU last season, yet Louisiana-Monroe went off for 44 against GSU a few weeks later. By your logic, Louisiana-Monroe is better than Clemson.

The Gopher-Georgia Tech game was one of the more lopsided games I watched all season. The Gophers’ only possession that didn’t result in points was a long, missed field goal. GT was manhandled in the trenches all game long.

Yes, Paul Johnson did coach in that game.

I’m bored with this.

Quote from Paul Johnson after his final game.

‘The Yellow Jackets (7-6) did not have the speed or strength to slow down Ibrahim, who was so effective Minnesota didn't have to punt once. And, their triple-option offense was stunted in coach Paul Johnson's finale .

"They did pretty much whatever they wanted," said Johnson, who is retiring as Georgia Tech's coach. We never stopped the run and then we let them throw it over our head a couple times.

"I wasn't expecting that, but that's life and you move on."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=401032068

Last edited:

This game will be over in the first half. Minnesota will have over 200 yards in passing and over 100 in rushing in the first half. 41-7 will be hard to come back from, Fighting Birdies, or whatever you're called...

And at the end of the GSU game the Gophers total for the game will be rushing total will be 280 yards and passing yards will be 180. About the average you had last year..

GSU 31 - Gophers 28

Last edited:

^
Clemson only scored 38 on GSU last season, yet Louisiana-Monroe went off for 44 against GSU a few weeks later. By your logic, Louisiana-Monroe is better than Clemson.

The Gopher-Georgia Tech game was one of the more lopsided games I watched all season. The Gophers’ only possession that didn’t result in points was a long, missed field goal. GT was manhandled in the trenches all game long.

Yes, Paul Johnson did coach in that game.

I’m bored with this.

Quote from Paul Johnson after his final game.

‘The Yellow Jackets (7-6) did not have the speed or strength to slow down Ibrahim, who was so effective Minnesota didn't have to punt once. And, their triple-option offense was stunted in coach Paul Johnson's finale .

"They did pretty much whatever they wanted," said Johnson, who is retiring as Georgia Tech's coach. We never stopped the run and then we let them throw it over our head a couple times.

"I wasn't expecting that, but that's life and you move on."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...a better GT team than the Gophers did![/SIZE]

Last edited:

Gsu stop drinking that fresh moonshine. You must be the only person alive that this gsu will beat the gophers. Is it a possibility? Yes absolutely, but there’s a better chance of me saying go away but you won’t. So there’s you probability of winning.

Gsu stop drinking that fresh moonshine. You must be the only person alive that this gsu will beat the gophers. Is it a possibility? Yes absolutely, but there’s a better chance of me saying go away but you won’t. So there’s you probability of winning.

You must mean 180 proof shine aged in glass mason jars for a week before it's good and good for you!:cool:

Decker, I know you have your own mini still and get a gallon a week from it, because you live in the Great White North & it's cold up there. Please dont tell me you age it in a plastic milk jug. If you do you are a SAVAGE!!!!!

Their will be a few more good GSU fans that will join the Gopher Hole 2 weeks before the game.

Last edited:

I'm probably going to hold my thoughts about this game until the week we play. There is no telling at this point how much better (or worse) we could be. LSU is a huge mismatch and we wont learn much by playing Maine.

Minnesota's got some big boys on the OL that will be a problem for us.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm probably going to hold my thoughts about this game until the week we play. There is no telling at this point how much better (or worse) we could be. LSU is a huge mismatch and we wont learn much by playing Maine.

Minnesota's got some big boys on the OL that will be a problem for us.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GSU is out matched by most P5 teams by their P5 recruits and players but as GSU has shown in the past as an FCS or FBS team GSU can hang and bang with them as long as we have the right coaching staff.. I think GSU has a better chance of taking the Gophers down than LSU. I still think LSU can be taken!

As I have said - "Georgia Southern Option Football - often out weighed but seldom out played!"

Last edited:

If we’re going to highlight a couple close games, I think the other games against P5 competition should be mentioned as well.

Since becoming an FBS team, Georgia Southern is 0-9 against P5 competition.

2014 - NC State 24, GSU 23
2014 - Georgia Tech 42, GSU 38
2015 - Georgia 23, GSU 17
2015 - West Virginia 44, GSU 0
2016 - Mississippi 37, GSU 27
2016 - Georgia Tech 35, GSU 24
2017 - Indiana 52, GSU 17
2017 - Auburn 41, GSU 7
2018 - Clemson 38, GSU 7

You have an interesting perspective. Gopher fans don’t like talking about close losses to highly ranked teams. Do most GSU fans enjoy reliving those moments?

Last edited:

If we’re going to highlight a couple close games, I think the other games against P5 competition should be mentioned as well.

Since becoming an FBS team, Georgia Southern is 0-9 against P5 competition.

2017 - Auburn 41, GSU 7
2018 - Clemson 38, GSU 7

You have an interesting perspective. Gopher fans don’t like talking about close losses to highly ranked teams. Do most GSU fans enjoy reliving those moments?

I don’t know if I totally agree with this. I’ve seen many a close loss touted as a moral victory on GH.

PitinoFan;1763629]If we’re going to highlight a couple close games, I think the other games against P5 competition should be mentioned as well.
Since becoming an FBS team, Georgia Southern is 0-9 against P5 competition. You have an interesting perspective. Gopher fans don’t like talking about close losses to highly ranked teams. Do most GSU fans enjoy reliving those moments?

2015 - West Virginia 44, GSU 0 This game did shock me!

2017 - Auburn 41, GSU 7
2018 - Clemson 38, GSU 7

I have to except these losses as a new FBS teams growing pains moving to FBS although our first 3 games in 2014-15 with a new HC ,staff and offensive system. Lets' go back in your history with your schedule in FBS with FBS recruits. Did you want to start with the last game you played with FCS NDSU?

Last edited:

PitinoFan;1763629]If we’re going to highlight a couple close games, I think the other games against P5 competition should be mentioned as well.
Since becoming an FBS team, Georgia Southern is 0-9 against P5 competition. You have an interesting perspective. Gopher fans don’t like talking about close losses to highly ranked teams. Do most GSU fans enjoy reliving those moments?

2017 - Auburn 41, GSU 7
2018 - Clemson 38, GSU 7

I have to except these losses as a new FBS teams growing pains moving to FBS. Lets' go back in your history with your schedule in FBS with FBS recruits. Did you want to start with the last game you played with FCS NDSU?

That was 3-9 team. No players or coaches remain

Can we please get this thread back on track and discuss possible uniform combos for the game?

2017 - Auburn 41, GSU 7
2018 - Clemson 38, GSU 7

I have to except these losses as a new FBS teams growing pains moving to FBS. Lets' go back in your history with your schedule in FBS with FBS recruits. Did you want to start with the last game you played with FCS NDSU?

How did you guys do against NDSU that year?

2017 - Auburn 41, GSU 7
2018 - Clemson 38, GSU 7

You can if you want, but what happened in a game 8 years ago has no more bearing on the upcoming game than GSU’s win over Florida 6 years ago, or these close losses from 5 years ago.

Last edited:

You must mean 180 proof shine aged in glass mason jars for a week before it's good and good for you!:cool:

Decker, I know you have your own mini still and get a gallon a week from it, because you live in the Great White North & it's cold up there. Please dont tell me you age it in a plastic milk jug. If you do you are a SAVAGE!!!!!

Their will be a few more good GSU fans that will join the Gopher Hole 2 weeks before the game.

Lol, you sure don’t give a $hit what some grumpy prick says. For that I will allow you to still post on Gopherhole. :cool:

Can we please get this thread back on track and discuss possible uniform combos for the game?
With do just for you. Georgia Southern will have on white pants with white jerseys with blue numbers. Blue helmets with a white strip down the middle of the helmet and with the players number on the side of the helmet.

Will the gophers have a paddle on there uniform.

Do y’all have some recent video for us to watch, so we know what to expect from this version of GSU, rather than the teams from 5-6 years ago? There are a bunch online, but I thought you might be able to narrow it down to the essentials, to save us some time.

2017 - Auburn 41, GSU 7
2018 - Clemson 38, GSU 7

The only thing I can say for certain after looking at those scores is that Georgia tech is dumb for scheduling an in-State school in non-conference.

Minnesota should be playing Georgia State.
Georgia tech should be hosting Idaho state

Do y’all have some recent video for us to watch, so we know what to expect from this version of GSU, rather than the teams from 5-6 years ago? There are a bunch online, but I thought you might be able to narrow it down to the essentials, to save us some time.

Best I can probably give you without throwing 30 different links your way is this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCzGpDehk8

You can probably skip the SCST game and the Texas State game. Obviously, it's a highlight reel with background music so take it for what its worth.

Best I can probably give you without throwing 30 different links your way is this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCzGpDehk8

You can probably skip the SCST game and the Texas State game. Obviously, it's a highlight reel with background music so take it for what its worth.

Nice highlight video considering it came from a 2017, 3 head coach, 2-10 come back year.

2018- What.s nice is that the Gophers get to see last years speed on offense and defense and our SUPER PAT & field goal kicker!

What year was that?

2011, the game you were referencing. How an 8 year old game is applicable to something that'll happen this year is beyond me.

The gophers prior to Kill hired a coach who was completely incompetent as a HC at any level (he's never been anything but a position coach since, and he's only really hired for his recruiting) and those were some dark days of gopher football. It was coach kills first years and he didn't have the guys for his system (or really any system). The program saw steady improvement under Jerry, until he had to retire for medical reasons.

Nice highlight video considering it came from a 2017, 3 head coach, 2-10 come back year.

2018- What.s nice is that the Gophers get to see last years speed on offense and defense and our SUPER PAT & field goal kicker!

The fact you're hyping your FG kicker is all I need to know.

You're a good sport and entertaining and all and hope you show up after GSU loses

The fact you're hyping your FG kicker is all I need to know.

You're a good sport and entertaining and all and hope you show up after GSU loses

IF GSU should lose I will be back to give you, the Gopher Hole fans and your team the congrats they deserve. I always have and always will.

I also hyped the speed on offense and defense. The kicker comes in when the score is 28-28 and our kicker hits a 25-50 yard FG with 10 seconds left.:cool:

IF GSU should lose I will be back to give you, the Gopher Hole fans and your team the congrats they deserve. I always have and always will.

I also hyped the speed on offense and defense. The kicker comes in when the score is 28-28 and our kicker hits a 25-50 yard FG with 10 seconds left.:cool:

Wait, we have to put up with 45-50 pages of your Georgia College of Science posts for 5+ months, and if we win, we get to see you make one post saying "Congrats"?

Wait, how'd we signup for this and is this going on with every team we play this year?

While I appreciate your bluster, I think you're underestimating gophers. I get it, many teams see us as an upset, we're not a premier team. Fresno fans had us pegged as a team they'd beat 41-14 and no way slow gophers could keep up with their faster team with a great coach. We won 21-14 while breaking in a freshman QB.

As I said prior, I don't think GSU front 7 can handle the run game on their own, and if they load box, I don't think your secondary can match up one on one with our Wr's.

The only way I see MN losing is if they lose focus and have boneheaded turnovers, which can happen, and has happened before. I'd GSU's chances at ~20% of pulling out victory.

Wait, we have to put up with 45-50 pages of your Georgia College of Science posts for 5+ months, and if we win, we get to see you make one post saying "Congrats"?

Wait, how'd we signup for this and is this going on with every team we play this year?

Eh, it's the offseason. he's better poster than Herd

If they manage the upset and in 2027 he's still here posting about how they beat us 8 years prior that means they could always beat us...well

Eh, it's the offseason. he's better poster than Herd

If they manage the upset and in 2027 he's still here posting about how they beat us 8 years prior that means they could always beat us...well

Well, he's a better poster than many people on here, but at what point do we draw the line. There are people with nice personality that pollute our society with garbage, foul smells, and other man made waste that are nicer people than a well-kept neighbor, but that doesn't mean we want more of it.

I can understand tolerating TALON because like any person with noticeable faults, they get a bit lovable when you realize they were just made that way, and they can't help it, but to hear them saying "Congrats" should we win, is that a victory of any sort?

Top Bottom