Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

I really dont think that if Worts played to the end of the game it wouldn't have maid a difference. Maybe we could have scored a TD or extra FG

I’m talking about going forward. How will his shoulder be next week? Sounds like your game might not even be played, so maybe it won’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not heard an update on Werts's arm.

After last week the next matters a lot!

Originally Posted by SouthernPride
Georgia Southern should not settle for just competing against Sun Belt teams. We started the FBS experiment by declaring our aspirations of being like Boise State. I won't give up on that dream.

Originally Posted by gasouthern01
Here is the thing, we are not going to compete in the shotgun option against these elite level defenses. It just will not happen. You need a big, strong offensive line to give time to make reads. against the sunbelt and lower p5s its obviously not as bad but there is no equalizer running this type offense. For me it's just not a fun offense to watch and every game we start the same way...running up the middle 3 times then punting. Did it all last season however our defense was making stops, forcing turnovers and kept it close until the offense got going. Again, fine in the sunbelt but playing these elite teams it's not happening. So unless a change in some of this philosophy is made it will be like this against these top teams. You can bring up uga, tech etc but we dont have those fast fcs guys anymore (ha ok little dig there) nor do we have that coaching staff. For me it's not fun going into these games now with zero confidence in how we will look. And heck, not even talking about winning but just hoping we have some first downs and can score. Tired of starting the games the same way. I know you must establish the dive etc but heck, let's run it outside to start and establish that then the middle will open up. Just try something new to change it up, it's so vanilla and painful to watch. I really want, as we all do, to see some long drives, eat clock, 3 to 4 yards a pop. Now we run 7 yards to gain 2.

Originally Posted by Eagle02120624
It's pointless for me to say anything else. I won't believe this defensive staff expected that and still struggled to get the calls in in time. This same staff done a hell of a job last season and didn't become incompetent in a yea

To GSU fans

TALON- Do you remember when Erk and GSC, a 1aa team, took on FSU for the first time. FSU was in the running for the NC that year. The score was GSU 13 -FSU 10 going into the 4th. FSU then began a massive rotation of their FBS receivers while GSC couldn't afford to rotate their best pass defenders. A 1aa team that was coached GREATLY took on a top 10 FBS team.

COACHING< COACHING< COACHING!

I have to wonder if we still have it or am I expecting to much for a 2nd year coach????????????????

TALON

Last edited:

I’m sorry it’s taken so long, was busy this weekend. Congrats on the big win vs. Tennessee this weekend.

I’m sorry it’s taken so long, was busy this weekend. Congrats on the big win vs. Tennessee this weekend.

Well congrats on the Gophers win over LSU, Clemson, Bama, a top 10 FBS program or whoever you played last weekend!

Last edited:

Well congrats on the Gophers win over LSU, Clemson, Bama, a top 10 FBS program or whoever you played last weekend!

Well, maybe the school shouldn’t schedule those games. The Gophers aren’t ready for LSU right now. Playing Ohio State and Michigan every third season, or whatever it is, is enough.

I have some points to bring up.

(1) I think LSU is a better team than GT @ 11-3 , North Carolina was and Georgia was. Still they were playing a new G5 FBS team with FCS talent and all three came down to the wire.

(2) In 2019 LSU does have talent to burn and are well coached!

(3) GSU looked unprepared for the game and thats the HC and staffs fault. That is not to say GSU had a chance against LSU this year.

(4) Still I am disappointed in the play of GSUs offense and defense and the prep!

GSU has another game to the Gophers and after your play against SDSU I dont think you are = to LSU. I'm not bad mouthing the Gophers. If GSU doesn't get on the ball then the game is open to the Gophers.

There are 0 gopher fans who think MN is at LSU's level. I do think we could've cracked 100 yards vs LSU though

There are 0 gopher fans who think MN is at LSU's level. I do think we could've cracked 100 yards vs LSU though

We’ve had defenses that could hang with them, and make it interesting...maybe even the defense from the last few games of 2018. It would have to be a low scoring game to have a shot, because we wouldn’t be putting up big offensive numbers.

Well, maybe the school shouldn’t schedule those games. The Gophers aren’t ready for LSU right now. Playing Ohio State and Michigan every third season, or whatever it is, is enough.

TALON- Could be, but we usually score 21 points even against the likes of BAMA, and hold up well until the middle of the 3rd.

TALON - Maybe so and if the Gophers played LSU this year I would hope you would have done better than us!

We’ve had defenses that could hang with them, and make it interesting...maybe even the defense from the last few games of 2018. It would have to be a low scoring game to have a shot, because we wouldn’t be putting up big offensive numbers.

TALON- I'm not disputing that but the Gophers didn't play LSU this year. We will have to see how far LSU goes this year.

TALON- Could be, but we usually score 21 points even against the likes of BAMA, and hold up well until the middle of the 3rd.

TALON - Maybe so and if the Gophers played LSU this year I would hope you would have done better than us!

TALON- I'm not disputing that but the Gophers didn't play LSU this year. We will have to see how far LSU goes this year.

Honestly, I think LSU has underperformed for the last several years, considering their talent level. We’ll see how they do against other top teams, starting this week against Texas.

Honestly, I think LSU has underperformed for the last several years, considering their talent level. We’ll see how they do against other top teams, starting this week against Texas.

CORRECT!

The GSU vs Gopher game is 8 days away. I really hope I see a GREAT improvement on both sides of the ball for GSU tomorrow.

You ready for this game Talon or are you to busy posting Gopherhole threads on Bisonville message board lol

Werts game time decision with shoulder injury.

I didn’t know about the NCAA imposed 4 game suspension for RB Wesley Kennedy. That’s pesky too. They’re saying on the GSU board that he’s their only legitimate speed threat.

https://www.augustachronicle.com/ne...ime-decision-for-georgia-southern-with-injury

—-

I saw elsewhere that RB Andrew Cunningham is also questionable.

—-

DE Justin Ellis is out for the season with knee injury sustained against LSU

https://www.savannahnow.com/sports/...ch-shai-werts-day-to-day-with-shoulder-injury

Last edited:

I hate to see injuries, especially season enders, on any team this early in the season.

Werts game time decision with shoulder injury.

I didn’t know about the NCAA imposed 4 game suspension for RB Wesley Kennedy. That’s pesky too. They’re saying on the GSU board that he’s their only legitimate speed threat.

https://www.augustachronicle.com/ne...ime-decision-for-georgia-southern-with-injury

—-

I saw elsewhere that RB Andrew Cunningham is also questionable.

—-

DE Justin Ellis is out for the season with knee injury sustained against LSU

https://www.savannahnow.com/sports/...ch-shai-werts-day-to-day-with-shoulder-injury

Sounds like directional GA should just forfeit and save all the travel expenses to MN.

GSUsTALON, how is the hurricane affecting you guys down in Georgia?

GSUsTALON, how is the hurricane affecting you guys down in Georgia?

On Saint Simons Island, GA

There was very little wind or rain. Power was out for only 2 hours and no flooding.

Top Bottom