Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

SALZIE- You're basing your opinion on GSU's 2016 - 2017 team and our 2018 comeback year! Yes you do underestimate GSU & thats OK.

MinneStoa- Please let me do the thinking for you!

The only reason I know GSU exists is I would pick them in EA Sports in their final year to give myself a challenge when doing coach mode.

My prediction is based on Gophers are going to be good team in a much better conference, if they're going to be team I think they are, GSU won't be a problem for them.

Talon dude has put the weight of the entire GSU program on his shoulders and spent hours and hours talking himself into how the Gophers players will either somehow overlook GSU or trumpeting his theory that our message board posters not taking GSU serious enough will permeate into the psyche of our players heads. This will then help cause a great victory for the GSU Fighting Eagles. It's both scary and fascinating to monitor Talon on his incredible journey through these various message board missions including his own home board.

Post of the Year!

Talon dude has put the weight of the entire GSU program on his shoulders and spent hours and hours talking himself into how the Gophers players will either somehow overlook GSU or trumpeting his theory that our message board posters not taking GSU serious enough will permeate into the psyche of our players heads. This will then help cause a great victory for the GSU Fighting Eagles. It's both scary and fascinating to monitor Talon on his incredible journey through these various message board missions including his own home board.

Hilarious! I nominate this for post of the year. #elitemessageboardmaterial

The only reason I know GSU exists is I would pick them in EA Sports in their final year to give myself a challenge when doing coach mode.

My prediction is based on Gophers are going to be good team in a much better conference, if they're going to be team I think they are, GSU won't be a problem for them.

On College Football USA 97 I would always pick the Florida A&M Rattlers because I liked their colors (orange and green) and I liked that they had a cool venomous snake for a logo.

They were like a D+ overall.

God do I miss the NCAA Football games. They were the best.

Ouch. It’s better to have it happen now, rather than 3-4 weeks from now.

https://247sports.com/Article/LSU-Georgia-Southern-suspension-Shai-Werts-Quan-Griffin-134128782/

Talon, I was impressed with Werts’ speed and athleticism, tbh. Who do they have for a backup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. The whole situation surrounding Werts is shady - I wouldn't count him out yet. The DE though seems to be a completely different story.

2. We have a bunch of redshirt freshman as QB backups so... that will be fun assuming his suspension is upheld (I honestly don't think it will be).

1. The whole situation surrounding Werts is shady - I wouldn't count him out yet. The DE though seems to be a completely different story.

2. We have a bunch of redshirt freshman as QB backups so... that will be fun assuming his suspension is upheld (I honestly don't think it will be).

Don't think it'll make much of difference.

It does seem like a weird case. I won’t be surprised either way. Although, it’s likely he was doing something he shouldn’t have been doing, considering he admitted to trying to evade the police.

What was on Georgia Southern QB’s car? Police say it was cocaine, Shai Werts says it was bird poop

https://www.al/sports/2019/08/carolina-qb-cam-newton-breathes-a-sigh-of-relief.html

Police: Substance on Georgia Southern QB's car that he claimed was bird poop tested for cocaine

https://sports.yahoo.com/police-sub...s-bird-poop-tested-for-cocaine-182848670.html

It does seem like a weird case. I won’t be surprised either way. Although, it’s likely he was doing something he shouldn’t have been doing, considering he admitted to trying to evade the police.

What was on Georgia Southern QB’s car? Police say it was cocaine, Shai Werts says it was bird poop

https://www.al/sports/2019/08/carolina-qb-cam-newton-breathes-a-sigh-of-relief.html

Police: Substance on Georgia Southern QB's car that he claimed was bird poop tested for cocaine

https://sports.yahoo.com/police-sub...s-bird-poop-tested-for-cocaine-182848670.html

No doubt - that's the one piece of the story that probably hurts him. But he immediately offered up to do a drug test and the R/O did a bunch of "weird" things like putting him in cuffs and reading him his rights before even charging him with possession, and then admitting to not having the proper means with which to collect the evidence, so who even knows if he has what he needs to make the charges hold. Either way, I'll continue to hope for the best. Worst case scenario he's probably suspended a few games (it's a misdemeanor not a felony charge) and we get a really young QB some live game reps.

They were framed by some cocaine fueled attack birds!

Time to put this thread to death. Nice knowing you Talon. 41-7 Minnesota. At the half.

As for the DE, who was also arrested, he remains in jail.

“.....Quan Griffin is currently in Bradford County, Fla jail. He has eight charges including four felonies that range from burglary to battery and a weapons charge.”

https://twitter.com/thebigguywjcl/status/1157290422517084161?s=21

As stated before it doesnt look good for our DE, especially with a $375,000 bail. Our QB on the other hand might be a different story.

Entire police report:

https://twitter.com/TheBigGuyWJCL/status/1157415952935530497?s=19

How someone manages to throw cocaine on the hood of their car while driving and then also within minutes it becomes too hard to "scrape all of it off." Is beyond me. The particular roadside test kits these officers used were recently barred in Georgia for producing hundreds of false positives that landed innocent people in jail, so forgive me if I dont have total faith in this process. I'm not saying the cops did anything wrong.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

^

Werts told the cops it was bird poop, and that he had tried to wash it off earlier in the week. So, if he in fact believed it to be bird poop, the only plausible explanation would be that someone threw some cocaine into the hood and windshield of his car, without him knowing about it.

There are a lot of things that don’t make sense on both sides of this, but it’s probably going to get tossed.

Last edited:

Right. Or that the substance wasnt actually cocaine. Either way I wouldn't start placing bets on him not playing against Minn.

Right. Or that the substance wasnt actually cocaine. Either way I wouldn't start placing bets on him not playing against Minn.

They sent it a lab to be tested, so they either know now, or will know soon whether it’s cocaine.

I just think it’s going to be difficult to prove it’s his beyond reasonable doubt, so I don’t think they’ll waste their time with this.

GSU must not have a Student Code of Conduct.

As stated before it doesnt look good for our DE, especially with a $375,000 bail. Our QB on the other hand might be a different story.

Entire police report:

https://twitter.com/TheBigGuyWJCL/status/1157415952935530497?s=19

How someone manages to throw cocaine on the hood of their car while driving and then also within minutes it becomes too hard to "scrape all of it off." Is beyond me. The particular roadside test kits these officers used were recently barred in Georgia for producing hundreds of false positives that landed innocent people in jail, so forgive me if I dont have total faith in this process. I'm not saying the cops did anything wrong.

Ok, sure.

Yeah...I’m a little surprised Talon didn’t show up today. This isn’t the first time a college athlete has done something stupid. To be clear, I’m not suggesting the cocaine on his hood and windshield was his, but he didn’t handle the situation very well. Since he’s GSU’s most important player, whatever punishment the team decides to dish out will likely be lenient (assuming the possession charges are dropped). As for the backup DE facing 6 felonies....GTFO.

Last edited:

Yeah...I’m a little surprised Talon didn’t show up today. This isn’t the first time a college athlete has done something stupid. To be clear, I’m not suggesting the cocaine on his hood and windshield was his, but he didn’t handle the situation very well. Since he’s GSU’s most important player, whatever punishment the team decides to dish out will likely be lenient (assuming the possession charges are dropped). As for the backup DE facing 6 felonies....GTFO.

How do both not get kicked off the team?

How do both not get kicked off the team?

Because one of them is the starting QB, and perhaps their best player. Without him, it’s a lost season. Again, I’m assuming the possession charges will be thrown out, because it’s sketchy as hell. I don’t know anything about the character of the kid. If he has a history of doing stupid sh*t, all bets are off. Otherwise, maybe he’ll get suspended for something like 1-3 games. I’m just speculating. The DE is probably on his way to prison, so that one is a no-brainer. He’s done.

Because one of them is the starting QB, and perhaps their best player. Without him, it’s a lost season. Again, I’m assuming the possession charges will be thrown out, because it’s sketchy as hell. I don’t know anything about the character of the kid. If he has a history of doing stupid sh*t, all bets are off. Otherwise, maybe he’ll get suspended for something like 1-3 games. I’m just speculating. The DE is probably on his way to prison, so that one is a no-brainer. He’s done.

There are other violations here, like fleeing police.

There are other violations here, like fleeing police.

He didn’t get charged with that.

1. Misdemeanor possession of cocaine
2. Speeding

But, I do think his excuses are weak.

Top Bottom