Georgia Souther Uni. vs Gophers

Before game I prefer Stub herbs by stadium, we don't have great options overall.

Sally's is ok.

Food can be challenging gamedays. Get there early or eat little further out.

Closest to stadium, in my personal preference

Stub and herbs
Sally's
Buffalo wild wings ( they raise beer prices gamedays)
Alumni center
Applebee's (I've never gone, but is an option)

Gopher goal line club has tailgate, but, I've never seen visitor fans, but I usually make one trip year

https://www.goallineclub.org/glc-events/

All are within easy walking distance (you can see stadium from all) I usually get there about 2-3 hours before kick off

Dinkytown is bit further out (few blocks), but there are few bars out the that way I didn't mention.

I forgot about bar luchador, I put that ahead of Applebee's. Street tacos and beer, decent place

I placed your suggestions on Talon Talk. I will move it over to the flight line about 10 days before the game.

Thanks for your help!

I placed your suggestions on Talon Talk. I will move it over to the flight line about 10 days before the game.

Thanks for your help!

What's the news on Annexstad? Some sort of foot injury? I know your backup is plenty capable I'm just asking.

What's the news on Annexstad? Some sort of foot injury? I know your backup is plenty capable I'm just asking.

He certainly won't be playing in the GSU game. Probably out for the year from what I've seen. Personally I was hoping for Morgan to win the job in camp after how he played down the stretch last year.

Most likely done for the season. Many expected him to win job, but was still competition. Morgan went 4-2 down stretch. Behind him are two true freshman.

Most likely done for the season. Many expected him to win job, but was still competition. Morgan went 4-2 down stretch. Behind him are two true freshman.

I hate that for him, it's nice to have a QB1.a and a QB1.b for situations just like this.

I hate that for him, it's nice to have a QB1.a and a QB1.b for situations just like this.

It does suck to lose that depth.

The starting job wasn’t settled between Morgan and Annexstad, but insiders were predicting Annexstad. I’ve preferred Morgan all along. He was the more effective QB last season. IMO, he’s the most underrated player on the team. His yards per attempt last season was 9.2, which was 2nd in the conference, and something like 9th in the country, as a Freshman. Annexstad is taller, and may have a slightly stronger arm, but I think Morgan gives this team the best chance to win.

If Morgan goes down, the team is probably screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[B said:
ToastyGS;[/B]1771693]I hate that for him, it's nice to have a QB1.a and a QB1.b for situations just like this.
[B said:
WiddleWatkins[/B];1771681]He certainly won't be playing in the GSU game. Probably out for the year from what I've seen. Personally I was hoping for Morgan to win the job in camp after how he played down the stretch last year.

TALON- It is great to have 2 great QBs at one time. It gives a team a great sense of security for the offense. I hate that a player receives a sever enough injury that will take a year to heal and rehab.Can he get a gray shirt for the year for the injury?

It does suck to lose that depth.

The starting job wasn’t settled between Morgan and Annexstad, but insiders were predicting Annexstad. I’ve preferred Morgan all along. He was the more effective QB last season. IMO, he’s the most underrated player on the team. His yards per attempt last season was 9.2, which was 2nd in the conference, and something like 9th in the country, as a Freshman. Annexstad is taller, and may have a slightly stronger arm, but I think Morgan gives this team the best chance to win.
If Morgan goes down, the team is probably screwed.

TALON-At least you have a great back up QB to take you through the year!

Last edited:

TALON- It is great to have 2 great QBs at one time. It gives a team a great sense of security for the offense. I hate that a player receives a sever enough injury that will take a year to heal and rehab.Can he get a gray shirt for the year for the injury?

TALON-At least you have a great back up QB to take you through the year!

He was a true freshman last year, so he'll able to redshirt this year

He was a true freshman last year, so he'll able to redshirt this year

Good news. The problem that may arise is that many of you have said that your 2nd string QB is supposed to be very good. And some of you have said it was still a Gopher shootout for the starting position. If your 2nd string does real well, winning 8+ regular season games this season, and your 1st string QB taking the year off, your 1st string QB will have to fight hard to win his position back.

We won't be double teaming too often if we don't have to. Both our corners are really good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know they’re good players, but I still don’t think they can consistently cover Johnson and Bateman one on one.

Good news. The problem that may arise is that many of you have said that your 2nd string QB is supposed to be very good. And some of you have said it was still a Gopher shootout for the starting position. If your 2nd string does real well, winning 8+ regular season games this season, and your 1st string QB taking the year off, your 1st string QB will have to fight hard to win his position back.

Literally nobody is worried about that right now. As I noted earlier, he didn’t have the job won yet anyway, and Morgan was better last year.

I know they’re good players, but I still don’t think they can consistently cover Johnson and Bateman one on one.

There are few DB's that can cover ANYONE consistently one-on-one. Eventually, you're going to get burned. I'm just excited to see the matchup. I wouldn't expect your WR's to get much going down the sideline. They'll have much more success across the middle.

There are few DB's that can cover ANYONE consistently one-on-one. Eventually, you're going to get burned. I'm just excited to see the matchup. I wouldn't expect your WR's to get much going down the sideline. They'll have much more success across the middle.

Yeah, it should be a good matchup. I’m not just being a homer when talking about Johnson and Bateman. Both will likely play on Sundays. Johnson is one who gets all of the attention, but Bateman, only a Sophomore this year, appears to have a higher ceiling. He’s certainly faster. I doubt your DC will want to leave your corners on an island with these two very often.

40. Kindle Vildor, CB, Georgia Southern

Second to only Bryce Hall in two-year grades since 2017, Vildor has been dominant in coverage over his career at Georgia Southern. He’s allowed just two touchdowns on 90 targeted passes while intercepting seven and breaking up 12 more. His passer rating when targeted of 52.5 ranked as the 14th-lowest passer rating allowed among returning cornerbacks last season and he’s allowed just a 50.8 passer rating for his entire career. What stands out most about Vildor’s success, is his play against top-notch competition. Against Clemson a season ago, he was targeted seven times, allowed just two receptions for 10 yards and came away with an interception and two pass breakups.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-50-the-top-50-ncaa-players-for-2019

Saw the thread on QB rating and decided to check there other ratings.

If we’re gonna do competing PFF rankings....

15. TYLER JOHNSON, WR, MINNESOTA
No returning receiver has converted more receptions for a first down or touchdown than Johnson as his 91 lead the next-closest receiver by six. He’s hauled in 19 touchdowns and a ridiculous 50 explosive plays since 2017, all which lead the nation. Johnson can make all the catches and is our highest-graded receiver in the red zone just as he is on money downs (third + fourth).

—-

Honestly, I don’t know if he’s the 15th best player in the country, but according to their grading system, he is.

40. Kindle Vildor, CB, Georgia Southern

Second to only Bryce Hall in two-year grades since 2017, Vildor has been dominant in coverage over his career at Georgia Southern. He’s allowed just two touchdowns on 90 targeted passes while intercepting seven and breaking up 12 more. His passer rating when targeted of 52.5 ranked as the 14th-lowest passer rating allowed among returning cornerbacks last season and he’s allowed just a 50.8 passer rating for his entire career. What stands out most about Vildor’s success, is his play against top-notch competition. Against Clemson a season ago, he was targeted seven times, allowed just two receptions for 10 yards and came away with an interception and two pass breakups.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-50-the-top-50-ncaa-players-for-2019

Saw the thread on QB rating and decided to check there other ratings.

If we’re gonna do competing PFF rankings....

15. TYLER JOHNSON, WR, MINNESOTA
No returning receiver has converted more receptions for a first down or touchdown than Johnson as his 91 lead the next-closest receiver by six. He’s hauled in 19 touchdowns and a ridiculous 50 explosive plays since 2017, all which lead the nation. Johnson can make all the catches and is our highest-graded receiver in the red zone just as he is on money downs (third + fourth).
Honestly, I don’t know if he’s the 15th best player in the country, but according to their grading system, he is.

Should be a good match up then!

Slant routes across the middle is where TJ makes his living. 1,169 yards and 12 touchdowns last season. And Rashod Bateman has all the makings of a star. I really like what I saw out of the other freshman, Chris Autman-Bell as well. 449 yards out of a true freshman and the third receiver on the roster playing with two freshman QBs is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when the top two combine for nearly 1,900 yards.

I mean....Johnson had 8 catches for 119 yards at Ohio State. Once again, we’re comparing production at different levels of competition. I know Vildor had a good game against Clemson, but they still managed nearly 300 yards of passing and 600 yards of offense against your squad. Yeah, I know it’s Clemson. They’re pretty good. You played one P5 team. The rest of the time, the players got to feast on the Sun Belt, which features a couple decent teams, but mostly JV teams. Occasionally, G5 teams produce all-pro NFL players, but they don’t get many opportunities to prove themselves against top talent in college, so it’s a more difficult evaluation.

Last edited:

Slant routes across the middle is where TJ makes his living. 1,169 yards and 12 touchdowns last season. And Rashod Bateman has all the makings of a star. I really like what I saw out of the other freshman, Chris Autman-Bell as well. 449 yards out of a true freshman and the third receiver on the roster playing with two freshman QBs is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when the top two combine for nearly 1,900 yards.
We know what Bateman is made of. Our staff recruited him hard.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How long does it take to get approval to post on GSU's message board? I need to correct Talon's lies, for example, Paul Johnson certainly did coach the bowl game against us.

How long does it take to get approval to post on GSU's message board? I need to correct Talon's lies, for example, Paul Johnson certainly did coach the bowl game against us.

I already told him this here (including posting the link the the game summary), and he acknowledged it. I’m not sure why he’s still repeating that.

Last edited:

By the end of the first half, GSU and the Taloon will wish they never scheduled this game.

What name did you register? I'll get it approved.

What TALON is wrong in the information that he is posting about Paul Johnson. Honestly I do not know who coached in that game since I did not watch the game. I can tell you that there are many posters on gsufans.com who are so called experts on anything that comes up on the subject of Paul Johnson since he is the 2nd most beloved coach from Georgia Southern behind Erk Russell.

What name did you register? I'll get it approved.

few weeks back I registered. Salzie

Too lazy to follow talon's email

not sure I'll make it over, but Talon was interesting enough

What TALON is wrong in the information that he is posting about Paul Johnson. Honestly I do not know who coached in that game since I did not watch the game. I can tell you that there are many posters on gsufans.com who are so called experts on anything that comes up on the subject of Paul Johnson since he is the 2nd most beloved coach from Georgia Southern behind Erk Russell.

The reality is, the Georgia Tech win was probably our 4th best win of the season (Wisconsin, Fresno, Purdue), but Talon was trying to minimize it by saying Paul Johnson didn’t coach in the game. As I pointed out a few weeks ago, he most certainly did.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=401032068

Top Bottom