STrib: MIAC rivals plot ouster of St. Thomas

Indeed! I would guess that is not uncommon at liberal arts colleges. They are inexpensive degrees to offer, you just need a computer and a brain. But those are definitely B.S. degrees, not liberal arts degrees.

Nothing is exactly binary, it's a spectrum.

Bethel has engineering as well. They are, and want to be, much closer to what St Thomas has done, than what the rest of the MIAC schools are. Would guess that Bethel will eventually be the next school to leave, but on a more voluntary basis.

The point always was, St Thomas is very much unlikely every other MIAC school (with probably the best exception being Bethel, except for the obvious difference there being the faith-based mission) and so when combined with things like enrollment, athletics spending and prowess, etc. is simply no longer a good fit for the conference.

That was always the truth, always the correct narrative. Of course, people choose the spin that they desire, so as to most align with their personal agendas.

Take Some Guy for example. He told us there wouldn't be a vote. Told us ST wouldn't be expelled. Told us his "sources" said so. All wrong. And he hasn't admitted he was wrong anywhere that I've seen, either. A clear personal agenda to force ST to stay in the MIAC, which blew up nicely in his face.

I suppose he'll tell us that his "sources" say that ST will not be leaving DIII. Kiss of death

Typical, predictable and nonsensical pivot from you. So lost about your own responses that you've clearly confused yourself.

The ignore list is a very good thing. Very good, but not perfect... I still have to see comments when other people quote them and I still see when my ignore list people post stuff, just not the words that they post. It really does make it obvious though, when you have an over-poster. I wonder how many individual comments 4life has posted in this thread alone? 100? 200?

He has 110 posts in this thread, to be exact.

He is the worst poster on the board, by far. He contributes literally nothing and posts at a heavy volume. How he hasn't been banned is beyond me.

The ignore list is a very good thing. Very good, but not perfect... I still have to see comments when other people quote them and I still see when my ignore list people post stuff, just not the words that they post. It really does make it obvious though, when you have an over-poster. I wonder how many individual comments 4life has posted in this thread alone? 100? 200?

The ignore feature really takes the nasty edge off this forum sometimes.

As long as people don't quote the dyckhead.

That is an issue but the volume gets turned down on some folks none the less.

I feel like Oh man that's nice I didn't see that when I hit a page of all hidden content, especially in the LONG threads where everyone is offended about who is offended and trying desperately to tell everyone who is upset more.

especially in the LONG threads where everyone is offended about who is offended and trying desperately to tell everyone who is upset more.

You mean every single GH thread ever created? Where most of the complaining is being done by those posters who pretend to be so offended that they have to put someone on ignore?

I love ignore talk. It seems the ones that use it most feel some sort of need to advertise so. It is a basically a plead for others to agree with them. Grow up. If you don’t like a poster then put them on Ignore and move on. No affirmation should be required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love ignore talk. It seems the ones that use it most feel some sort of need to advertise so. It is a basically a plead for others to agree with them. Grow up. If you don’t like a poster then put them on Ignore and move on. No affirmation should be required.

This is a great take. You should apply it when PJ Fleck makes some dumb comment about how young the team is.

Girls you're both pretty

uFF7zAK.gif

That is an issue but the volume gets turned down on some folks none the less.

I feel like Oh man that's nice I didn't see that when I hit a page of all hidden content, especially in the LONG threads where everyone is offended about who is offended and trying desperately to tell everyone who is upset more.

I rarely get “offended” unless it’s a comment about an active rostered player. That’s where I draw the line. That’s where the poster shows his boorish loutism.

The same mental midgets with the same tired posts get old.

I rarely get “offended” unless it’s a comment about an <b>active rostered </b>player. That’s where I draw the line. That’s where the poster shows his boorish loutism.

The same mental midgets with the same tired posts get old.

What a crock. “Active Rostered” criteria recently added. What a hard line you take. You won’t rip on a player while here, too good for that - but once he transfers to a different school anything goes. I wondered why you now found it cool to be calling a former QB a drug addict on here, but since he left I guess that is all good. Kinda like saying you are against stealing things, unless you need the item.

Many "pot meet kettle" comments from the usual suspects on this thread.

per Shooter:

Should the University of St. Thomas, squeezed out of the Division III Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, decide to upgrade to Divison II, the Tommies’ budget will increase from $5 million a year to $20 million annually.

Meanwhile, it wouldn’t be surprising if St. Thomas, which is allowed to remain in the MIAC for the next two years, instead decides to move out after the next school year.

Believe it or not, there has been a buzz that one MIAC school president wants to establish a Division IV for schools less inclined for elite competition.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/06/...s-in-market-for-dallas-keuchel-craig-kimbrel/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Should the University of St. Thomas, squeezed out of the Division III Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, decide to upgrade to Divison II, the Tommies’ budget will increase from $5 million a year to $20 million annually.

Meanwhile, it wouldn’t be surprising if St. Thomas, which is allowed to remain in the MIAC for the next two years, instead decides to move out after the next school year.

Believe it or not, there has been a buzz that one MIAC school president wants to establish a Division IV for schools less inclined for elite competition.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/06/...s-in-market-for-dallas-keuchel-craig-kimbrel/

Go Gophers!!

Maybe even a Division V?

Maybe even a Division V?

Honest to God. What the hell happened? Did I see recently that Augsburg is no longer going to recognize their academic achievers? My how the world has changed! And, of course, everyone is happier now, right?

Honest to God. What the hell happened? Did I see recently that Augsburg is no longer going to recognize their academic achievers? My how the world has changed! And, of course, everyone is happier now, right?

Oh my stars! You mean my Cum Laude from Augsburg 1975 isn't worth anything anymore? How will I survive? I better go find those cords and burn them! I know I have them in a drawer . . . somewhere.

MIAC = playground kids
St. Thomas = Billy Madison

Difference being that Billy Madison actually wanted to graduate grade school:

Nice to see that he still can't write.

FWIW, when I was a student at Augsburg, the schools in the Twin Cities had this reciprocity agreement, so you could take classes at other schools. I took a journalism class at St. Thomas, and one of the guest speakers they brought in was......Joe Soucheray.

Top Bottom