GH Podcast Exclusive: Amir Coffey is entering the NBA draft, and he explains why

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I'll give him this, he has a good poker face.

I get the vibe he really wants to go. When given multiple opportunities to speak about the chance at coming back he really didn't say he'd like to come back if things work out that way. Just kept saying that he'll evaluate his options, but I could just be reading into things. I came away with the same feelings as after I read his instagram post. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do g league next year and eventually go the euro route.

Last edited:

It would be great if he said he did it to stir up GopherHole.

I'll give him this, he has a good poker face.

I get the vibe he really wants to go. When given multiple opportunities to speak about the chance at coming back he really didn't say he'd like to come back if things work out that way. Just kept saying that he'll evaluate his options, but I could just be reading into things. I came away with the same feelings as after I read his instagram post. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do g league next year and eventually go the euro route.

I thought the opposite. He pretty much made it sound like he’ll either stick in the draft, or come back to school depending on where his anticipated draft position is.

I thought the opposite. He pretty much made it sound like he’ll either stick in the draft, or come back to school depending on where his anticipated draft position is.

I agree. At the beginning of the interview, he used the term "test the process."

He's also staying in school in-case he does decide to come back. If he was dead set on going, I think he would just shut it down completely.

I do think he really wants to go but if he doesn't have the opportunity it sounds like he'll be back. I'm a lot more hopeful than I was earlier today.

Also Nadine, thanks for being straight up with the questions instead of trying to dance around the subject.

I agree. At the beginning of the interview, he used the term "test the process."

He's also staying in school in-case he does decide to come back. If he was dead set on going, I think he would just shut it down completely.

I do think he really wants to go but if he doesn't have the opportunity it sounds like he'll be back. I'm a lot more hopeful than I was earlier today.

The natural desire in his situation, is of course to be told that you are ready to play in the NBA. So that's his mindset at the moment. However, I have to assume that if he is told he is not getting drafted and needs to work on X, Y and Z, then he'll come back here and do it.

Good listen

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom