Fleck with Gaard

swingman

Reaction score
Loves Panagos, veteran capable guy, high energy guy.

Loves having one coach working with corners, one coach working with safeties.

Fleck comments sure make it sound like QB is a two-man competition that will go into August. Trusts Ciarrocca.

Coughlin will stay at R position; will move him around in some packages. Move him around both sides. Gained about 13-14 pounds. Mentions he likes Mafe as well. Also mentions Otomewo, Martin, Barber. Mentions finding ways to get Rush and SoriMarin on the field.

No longer youngest team in America. Now second youngest team in America.

Building culture. Socially, spiritually. Wholistic. Changing best. Teaching culture. Failure growth.

Interesting to hear there were only four offensive lineman in his first Spring here.

Fleck has plans here building program for next decade.

Last edited:

No reason for it to be anything but a two man at QB right? I mean outside of the next Steve Hanna Montana showing up, we've got two guys who are worth running with while the other guys take time to work out and such.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

nice Of KFAN to broadcast live from practice

Last edited:

Also had Ryan Burns from 247 site on. His comments:

Facilities are big upgrade.

Among big group of early enrollees, Jason Williamson from Owatonna is showing resilience, growth.

ND def tackle grad transfer Micah Dew Treadway can be a plug guy in middle.

Tyler Johnson, Bateman look excellent. Bateman getting bigger, stronger, smoother. Add in Bell and Douglas...makes a great wr crew. Thinks SpannFord can be another big piece.

Will need a QB who can make big third down throw to win big games. Burns thinks Annexstad he wins qb battle like he did last year and is starter vs SDSU. Can make throws Tanner can’t. Staff thought about going back to Annexstad late in year. Unsure if his game shown in practice fully translates to Saturdays.

Gaard and Grimm both note tough to put guy who beat Badgers, Tech, Purdue and Indiana at number two. All note Morgan saw improved oline and running back play.

I thinks Burns said Gophers only achieved 8 regular season wins once in recent history, not the three times in 2016, 2014, and 2013.

nice Of KFAN to broadcast live from practice

I am a little surprised they were able to break away from their analysis of what the Viking are going to do with their 18th pick in the upcoming NFL draft to cover the Gophers for a few minutes. I guess we should be highly thankful for that! LOL.

I am a little surprised they were able to break away from their analysis of what the Viking are going to do with their 18th pick in the upcoming NFL draft to cover the Gophers for a few minutes. I guess we should be highly thankful for that! LOL.

+1000 :clap:

I think Gaard is to thank for that. If he was to leave Kfan the Gophers coverage would drop off a lot.

Also had Ryan Burns from 247 site on. His comments:

Facilities are big upgrade.

Among big group of early enrollees, Jason Williamson from Owatonna is showing resilience, growth.

ND def tackle grad transfer Micah Dew Treadway can be a plug guy in middle.

Tyler Johnson, Bateman look excellent. Bateman getting bigger, stronger, smoother. Add in Bell and Douglas...makes a great wr crew. Thinks SpannFord can be another big piece.

Will need a QB who can make big third down throw to win big games. Burns thinks Annexstad he wins qb battle like he did last year and is starter vs SDSU. Can make throws Tanner can’t. Staff thought about going back to Annexstad late in year. Unsure if his game shown in practice fully translates to Saturdays.

Gaard and Grimm both note tough to put guy who beat Badgers, Tech, Purdue and Indiana at number two. All note Morgan saw improved oline and running back play.

I thinks Burns said Gophers only achieved 8 regular season wins once in recent history, not the three times in 2016, 2014, and 2013.

I do have to say ZA really looks the part this year...added some bulk, throws look great. He and TM will push each other, which is a good thing. ZA will need to have clear separation in performance from TM for Fleck to make him starter day 1. He has the potential to do it, so we shall see.

I think Gaard is to thank for that. If he was to leave Kfan the Gophers coverage would drop off a lot.

It helps that Barreiro is out of town. Gaard can do what he wants in that slot with DB gone. If DB was there I doubt they'd spend much time talking gophers.

I do have to say ZA really looks the part this year...added some bulk, throws look great. He and TM will push each other, which is a good thing. ZA will need to have clear separation in performance from TM for Fleck to make him starter day 1. He has the potential to do it, so we shall see.

If he can perform as well as TM did (and exceed that) I think most fans will be ecstatic and the team will be in great shape). I’m skeptical based on the games last year but we’ll have to see how it all shakes out next fall. At worst he’ll be a capable backup.

If he can perform as well as TM did (and exceed that) I think most fans will be ecstatic and the team will be in great shape). I’m skeptical based on the games last year but we’ll have to see how it all shakes out next fall. At worst he’ll be a capable backup.

At this point, if they are similar in how they move the team, I don't see how Tanner isn't the starter in game one.
We do have two very capable guys who showed last year they be an asset to the offense.

At this point, if they are similar in how they move the team, I don't see how Tanner isn't the starter in game one.
We do have two very capable guys who showed last year they be an asset to the offense.

Yes, that was my point...ZA will need to show Fleck clear separation in performance from TM to start day 1.

Top Bottom