Jelly Transferring

For the last damn time, can we not call him Jelly?

Can't remember people calling guys by a move. No one said "Wow, did you see the game Dream Shake had last night?" It isn't tough to call him by his proper name, or use IW...its easy.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can't remember people calling guys by a move. No one said "Wow, did you see the game Dream Shake had last night?" It isn't tough to call him by his proper name, or use IW...its easy.

Why does that bother you, who cares?

Saw this coming from a mile out. Really felt like a giant mess by Pitino. Kid is obviously talented, just never given the time to develop. I understand he wasn't great but he is one of the guys I am very nervous about the next few years coming back to haunt us.

I guess we have all the scholarships to give! That should be a positive, it doesn't feel like it is.

Because it isn't his name. Its a simple concept to call people by their names. Shows general disrespect.

If you want to use a nickname, its Dimes.

His twitter and instagram handle is literally jellyfam dimes. Its ok to call people by their nickname instead of their full, legal name.

Big mistake by Richard messing this one up! JELLY was one of the most talented players on the roster not good! Happy for JELLY to get a new start I expect big things from him. I will even go as far and say he will play more minutes in the NBA than anyone on this years team.

Sad to say I think this will come back to haunt us. I bet Washington is good at his next stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this coming from a mile out. Really felt like a giant mess by Pitino. Kid is obviously talented, just never given the time to develop. I understand he wasn't great but he is one of the guys I am very nervous about the next few years coming back to haunt us.

I guess we have all the scholarships to give! That should be a positive, it doesn't feel like it is.

His style of play just doesn't fit in the Big10.. If you aren't a lights out shooter at the guard position, you better damn be a tough defender. Unfortunately, he was neither of those things. That's why he is gone. He was a miss, but I think him transferring is best for all parties involved. IW can go somewhere where he can compete, while Minnesota opens another scholarship spot so that Pitino can add real depth to this roster

Also think this will help the locker room culture.. IW seemed like a decent teammate. He seemed to be popular with his teammates and all of that. Nevertheless, whenever you have a 4-star guy on your team who isn't getting playing time, that becomes a distraction. Now guys like Carr and Willis can assume their new roles without the distraction of IW looming over them

Mentions his grandparents health and said he has worked with a therapist for help. Also just revealed he has a child. Smart move for getting that waiver.

I would have liked to see him stay but I say bring on Sherfield!

His twitter and instagram handle is literally jellyfam dimes. Its ok to call people by their nickname instead of their full, legal name.

Right, and a bunch of his teammates referred to him as Jel. Such an odd thing to get your undies in a twist over

His style of play just doesn't fit in the Big10.. If you aren't a lights out shooter at the guard position, you better damn be a tough defender. Unfortunately, he was neither of those things. That's why he is gone. He was a miss, but I think him transferring is best for all parties involved. IW can go somewhere where he can compete, while Minnesota opens another scholarship spot so that Pitino can add real depth to this roster

Yeah I agree. He could get to the hoop but wasn’t explosive enough to finish.
On the tough defender guard front I would take a guy like Nojel Eastern in a heartbeat. Not a great scorer yet but big, physical, and competes.

Yeah I agree. He could get to the hoop but wasn’t explosive enough to finish.
On the tough defender guard front I would take a guy like Nojel Eastern in a heartbeat. Not a great scorer yet but big, physical, and competes.
Way too soon to say, but people seem to think that Tre Williams can be that type of player

Big mistake by Richard messing this one up! JELLY was one of the most talented players on the roster not good! Happy for JELLY to get a new start I expect big things from him. I will even go as far and say he will play more minutes in the NBA than anyone on this years team.

I will say he plays less NBA minutes than two guys on this team. This is not on Pitino in my mind. He gave him what he had to work on to play and he never got up to speed. My opinion is it is on IW.

I agree with this. Its annoying. Maybe thats the reason he's transferring :)

I think most us wish him well and are disappointed that it didn’t workout here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will say he plays less NBA minutes than two guys on this team. This is not on Pitino in my mind. He gave him what he had to work on to play and he never got up to speed. My opinion is it is on IW.

We will see won’t we! Absolutely all on Pitino I know that is for sure! When u get this kinda of a talented player u haven’t had in years u don’t F it up.

We will see won’t we! Absolutely all on Pitino I know that is for sure! When u get this kinda of a talented player u haven’t had in years u don’t F it up.
Coffey and Oturu were both higher ranked and both have been bona fide successes so far in their young careers

I wanted IW to succeed here as much as anyone, but if he makes the NBA, I will name my first child "Gopherhoopsguy"

Not really a need for 5'11 point guards in the NBA who struggle with an outside shot

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gonna end up at a small school where he can jack shots. His numbers will be a lot better than they were here, but this isn't a haunting loss.

Top Bottom