Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Interesting comparison to Justin Cobb. I do believe the Pac 10 (or whatever it's called now) could be a fit for IW. Does the defense even run to the other end of the floor half the time? Might be a good fit. I echo Holy Man's sentiments as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Interesting comparison to Justin Cobb. I do believe the Pac 10 (or whatever it's called now) could be a fit for IW. Does the defense even run to the other end of the floor half the time? Might be a good fit. I echo Holy Man's sentiments as well.
    Cobb looked good here in his limited playing time, imo. I saw him being a good B1G guard, a LOT of Nate Mason in him/a lot of Cobb in Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Cobb looked good here in his limited playing time, imo. I saw him being a good B1G guard, a LOT of Nate Mason in him/a lot of Cobb in Mason.
    Cobbs was one tuff dude. First time I saw him was at the Pro-Am and some vet was trying to push the 18 year old around and he wasn't having any of it.

I agree, his game had some similarities to Nate Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    Not everyone anointed IW as the second coming of anything. Actually, if we did a survey of frequent posters, I bet a majority of us would have taken a "wait and see" approach to him, like most of us do for all recruits. As an old guy, I simply do not count on freshmen to make major contributions mostly because they are freshmen and secondly because I have no ability to anticipate how talent on one level will translate to the next. I, as you indicate, would be one who HOPED he would succeed here, but an undersized point guard in the B1G is no sure fire thing, ever. Most of us knew that. The bubble of ridiculous expectations put on an 18 year-old kid led to a lot of this. Not fair to him. Not fair to the fan base or the coaching staff. By all accounts, he was a good kid who could have pouted and embarrassed the program when it wasn't working out. He didn't. Kudos to him. I do believe he will do well at a lower level of everyday competition.

The challenge I see in this discussion (and others) is that posters with axes to grind can tend to take over the discussion and put them into perpetual circles.

+1, exactly what I was driving at.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    Not everyone anointed IW as the second coming of anything. Actually, if we did a survey of frequent posters, I bet a majority of us would have taken a "wait and see" approach to him, like most of us do for all recruits. As an old guy, I simply do not count on freshmen to make major contributions mostly because they are freshmen and secondly because I have no ability to anticipate how talent on one level will translate to the next. I, as you indicate, would be one who HOPED he would succeed here, but an undersized point guard in the B1G is no sure fire thing, ever. Most of us knew that. The bubble of ridiculous expectations put on an 18 year-old kid led to a lot of this. Not fair to him. Not fair to the fan base or the coaching staff. By all accounts, he was a good kid who could have pouted and embarrassed the program when it wasn't working out. He didn't. Kudos to him. I do believe he will do well at a lower level of everyday competition.

The challenge I see in this discussion (and others) is that posters with axes to grind can tend to take over the discussion and put them into perpetual circles.
    +1

Perfectly summed up, well said.

So well said Holy man. Social media, youtube has misled a ton of fans into thinking every freshman signed will lead us to the promised land. Seeing them in person looks nothing like a edited highlight film. Most do not come from great coaching and if they do it is noticeable. Like Gabe and Oturu. 75 % of bigs should red shirt. Love the optimistic outlooks but most fans just look at a ranking and a video and think their team will be great. Even transfers. It is very tough to find one that makes a huge contribution.

IW has committed to Iona. (per Rothstein’s Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    IW has committed to Iona. (per Rothstein’s Twitter)
    I will now switch my username to "The Prophet."
    It makes perfect sense for IW to play at Iona. Close to home. Mid-major. A winning program.
    Good for Isaiah.

I will be cheering for him. I hope he does well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does he need to sit out a year before playing at Iona?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJack View Post
    Does he need to sit out a year before playing at Iona?
    Yes. But I'm sure he'll apply for a waiver and have a turn on the NCAA Wheel of Random Decisions first.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Yes. But I'm sure he'll apply for a waiver and have a turn on the NCAA Wheel of Random Decisions first.
    Good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nooram View Post

notice his statement saying he saw someone re his anxiety.