Connelly early take has Gophers two TD faves vs Georgia Southern

I want to win by at least 3 TDs.

Squeeze that triple option. Gophers win 34-3.

I see you guys play BYE the week after us. They'll probably put up a better fight. ;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is the time of year where in the past I would convince myself unproven, questionable talent Gopher teams were GOOD. This year, I am convincing myself this promising GOOD Gopher team is GREAT. So, it will be games like Georgia Southern that will either validate my inflating opinion or give me a dose of reality. And quite frankly, it has usually been doses of reality for me in years past. So, in reality it will probably be a 4 point win.

This is the time of year where in the past I would convince myself unproven, questionable talent Gopher teams were GOOD. This year, I am convincing myself this promising GOOD Gopher team is GREAT. So, it will be games like Georgia Southern that will either validate my inflating opinion or give me a dose of reality. And quite frankly, it has usually been doses of reality for me in years past. So, in reality it will probably be a 4 point win.

This has been my football life. Every year my sons ask me my Gopher football prediction and I always disappoint

Don't want to spoil his Gopher profile, but as a quick teaser, he has us ranked as the #33 team in the country next year with a +9.5 SP+.

That implies:
W v SDSU
W @ FRES
W v GASO
W @ PUR
W v ILL
W v NEB
W @ RUTG
W v MD
L v PSU
L @ IOWA
W @ NW
L v WIS

While SP+ is the most accurate forecast we have, Gophers still have to play the games, but if the Gophers are going to have a statement year, this would be a good time.

I have tried time and time again and just can't seem to find a "L" on the schedule next year. 12-0

I have tried time and time again and just can't seem to find a "L" on the schedule next year. 12-0

But really tho, when the bookies throw up their pre-season odds, I wouldn't be surprised if the Gophers are favored in every game until November.
I don't think the Gophers are going to be able to fly under the radar this year.

The Fleck spin-zone has already started with our "toughest OOC schedule" tweet.
I'm sure he's afraid that our O/U is going to be like 8 games.

Last edited:

Don't want to spoil his Gopher profile, but as a quick teaser, he has us ranked as the #33 team in the country next year with a +9.5 SP+.

That implies:
W v SDSU
W @ FRES
W v GASO
W @ PUR
W v ILL
W v NEB
W @ RUTG
W v MD
L v PSU
L @ IOWA
W @ NW
L v WIS

While SP+ is the most accurate forecast we have, Gophers still have to play the games, but if the Gophers are going to have a statement year, this would be a good time.

8-0 start would be fun. PSU game would be nuts.

Am I the only one that thinks it will be easier for the Gophers to beat Penn State than it will be to top Nebraska in 2019?

Am I the only one that thinks it will be easier for the Gophers to beat Penn State than it will be to top Nebraska in 2019?

You could be right. I think PSU will be beatable next year. Really hard to say what will happen with Nebraska.

That implies:
W v SDSU
W @ FRES
W v GASO
W @ PUR
W v ILL
W v NEB
W @ RUTG
W v MD
L v PSU
L @ IOWA
W @ NW
L v WIS

Has to be a Fleck hater with such unreasonable expectations.

Probably not, but Nebraska lost a lot off a 4-8 team. They have a great QB, but not sure what else. I bet they are a year away from making noise. Not sure about PSU, but they have recruited great for the recent past, probably will have a strong team. Just not sure about QB.

8-0 start would be fun. PSU game would be nuts.

Yeah, just to cover the bases, a few of those games (like Nebraska) will be tossups, so 8-0 will not be the most likely outcome, even if we end up favored in each game individually.

As a disclaimer, he's probably going to edit profiles further as he goes, so I wouldn't be surprised if he walks the Gophers SP+ back down to earth a little bit, which will change some of those projections.

I don't want y'all to skewer me when we're not favored in every game this year, just pointing out that based on his initial projection, we might be favored in a lot more than usual.

Top Bottom