PJ Fleck Interview new - Sunday 3-31-19

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Gopher FB Coach PJ Fleck appeared on the Sports Huddle with Mike Max, Pete Najarian and Sid. (Mona still gone....)

Pete: love your enthusiasm. went to practice - great energy. very precise
PJ: players work hard. like organized chaos. takes a lot of people being on same page. try to maximize players' time

Pete: Are you impressed with how well the team is advancing? OL looks good with fundamentals.
PJ: Connor Olson doing great job. better in all areas. pass protection plus run game. OL is helping each other. grow at the same time, same rate. has to play well in sync. Callahan deserves a lot of credit. relationship he has with players.

Sid: Winfield?
PJ: practicing well. got in for live period. limiting his reps less now than we did at the beginning of spring

Sid: what about the Two RB's
PJ: get healthy. continue to rehab. continue to lead.

Sid: you recruited for defense. a lot going to play?
PJ: lot of work left to do. create depth through recruiting and development. Joe Rossi is developing the young players. Carter Coughlin is great player. Boye Mafe is developing, getting better every day. then you've got to develop the guy behind him.

Pete: Mafe looks ready to play. looks like a man out there. what do you see in him?
PJ: hard to compare. hasn't played a ton of FB 40" vertical. blew up the weight room. he's a combine freak. puts up tremendous numbers. But in his case, it transfers to the field. he can play at that level. the more he plays, the more comfortable, more confident he's going to be. he can accomplish his dreams. keep getting better. can't wait to go to practice.

Sid: Murray's. beautiful season tickets at low price.
PJ: RTB, Ski-U-Mah.

(shorty's note - Mike Max cut off the interview because they had a Twins player waiting. I think Fleck might have gotten on late - apparently he had just come from practice....)

Thanks, shorty. Always appreciate it!

Cool. Thanks SON.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just once I'd like to hear Sid offer him a 50¢ coupon at Dairy Queen at the end. I think it would throw PJ off.

First of all, as always, thank you SON!
Second, unless I just haven't been paying attention, it's nice to have a guy like Najarian asking some pertinent questions and adding some insight.
Third, is Minnesota the only place Mike Max can earn a living as a glorified sports guy? He is, and always has been, the worst! Is there anyone here that finds him, interesting or insightful? Go Gophers!

Second, unless I just haven't been paying attention, it's nice to have a guy like Najarian asking some pertinent questions and adding some insight.
Third, is Minnesota the only place Mike Max can earn a living as a glorified sports guy? He is, and always has been, the worst! Is there anyone here that finds him, interesting or insightful? Go Gophers!
Agreed about Mike Max. He is so awful and full of himself. 10x worse than Paul Allen and that's saying something.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

LovedPete N asking questions. Finally someone who has a clue. Thank so much SON.

Super thanks Son! Very much appreciated. WCCO and Channel 4 clearly haven't done their home work on Mike Max unless he has dirt on the station. He is awful indeed. I can't stand someone who is so ignorant and selfish in his ways.

Spot on re Max. A total know-it-all. Always bragging about his athletic exploits but in film I saw he doesn't seem any better at sports than he is at broadcasting.

By the way, THANX SON for a great report.

Top Bottom