Badger bar to Move into old Library Location

t-docious

MAKE GOPHERS GREAT AGAIN!
Reaction score
Surprised I didn't see this on the board yet.

The Kollege Klub ("the KK") is moving into the old library space. The KK is a staple on Madison's campus and will be interesting to see how it fares here. They literally flipped their logo upside down and put the colors maroon + gold....

Kollege_Klub_dinky.jpgKollege_Klub_dinky.jpg

Last edited:

ultimate-face-palm-because-sometimes-even-a-double-facepalm-doesnt-21840551.png

Really think they should be Kollege Kampus Klub- KKK.

We used to have a paint store in Winnipeg, Keenen's Kolor Kastle. As a junior high kid we were convinced it was a front for the Klan. In retrospect, the owner was likely named Keenan.

Students should boycott it out of principle. They won't, but they should. They need a better bar than garbage places like Library and this joint.

Ghastly logo design. Not sure why they think taking that crummy brand identity to the U would mean anything, even if it worked in Madison.

Rally's at Sally's, gentlemen.

Students should boycott it out of principle. They won't, but they should. They need a better bar than garbage places like Library and this joint.

They had it right when it was Foul Play. $1 any drink for 1-hour every Friday & Saturday night. That is something a college kid living in Dinkytown could support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you have against the Library? $1 drinks friday and saturday nights , all you can eat free bacon on wednesdays, giant TVs everywhere to watch away games and other sporting events. Had some good times in there, plus I could tell my parents I was going to the library or I had been at the library when they asked what I did the night before.

An early April fools joke?

It is amazing how few options there are on campus.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Ghastly logo design. Not sure why they think taking that crummy brand identity to the U would mean anything, even if it worked in Madison.

Rally's at Sally's, gentlemen.

With Microsoft's Clip Art, you too can be a professional graphic designer. All it takes is a couple clicks of the mouse to create high-end logos. Literally. That's all it takes.

With Microsoft's Clip Art, you too can be a professional graphic designer. All it takes is a couple clicks of the mouse to create high-end logos. Literally. That's all it takes.

Not to mention an animated paper clip to help in the process.

I, at least hope they put up some Gopher pennants, pictures, memorabilia, or anything that would make it look like it's on the U of M Campus. If you go in to "The Blarney Stone" in Dinkeytown, they have a few Viking things but nothing Gopher at all, the same can be said for "Stub & Herb's". They have a couple of hockey pics in the front entryway, but that's it....nothing Gopher in the bar at all. I've often said that if a stranger walked in they'd have no idea that this bar was on the U of M campus. This can't be said for bars on other BIG10 campuses.

I, at least hope they put up some Gopher pennants, pictures, memorabilia, or anything that would make it look like it's on the U of M Campus. If you go in to "The Blarney Stone" in Dinkeytown, they have a few Viking things but nothing Gopher at all, the same can be said for "Stub & Herb's". They have a couple of hockey pics in the front entryway, but that's it....nothing Gopher in the bar at all. I've often said that if a stranger walked in they'd have no idea that this bar was on the U of M campus. This can't be said for bars on other BIG10 campuses.

The one place that had tons of gopher stuff is gone now - the Big Ten restaurant. Campus Pizza had plenty too, but that's been gone a few years. Like I said, hard to believe there aren't more options. Pretty much the only time I ever go to an Applebee's or Buffalo Wild Wings is before or after a Gopher game because they are often the only option that has seating. Normally those are places I try to avoid.

Seems like "KK" is playing with fire. The BWW on campus has a lot of Gopher stuff in there. But not much staff available to assist customers unfortunately. I miss the Big 10.

The new Canes in Dinkytown did some nice Gopher decor.

Does McDonald's in Dinkytown still have some nice Gopher decor?

Sterbs has more than a few hockey pics, doesn't it? Always loved the megaphone collection.

Big Ten Gopher photo collection was great. Sub sandwich with criss cross fries and sour cream.

I wish someone could recreate Bullwinkle's vibe circa 1984.

Last edited:

Didn’t the Pourhouse take that spot over pretty recently??

The campus bar scene really is pathetic. Blarney sucks. This Badger bar sucks. Big 10 is gone. Stub and Herbs and Sally's have good food but no Gophers decor. Old Sally's was also better. Chain restaurant bars are unacceptable.

The campus bar scene really is pathetic. Blarney sucks. This Badger bar sucks. Big 10 is gone. Stub and Herbs and Sally's have good food but no Gophers decor. Old Sally's was also better. Chain restaurant bars are unacceptable.

Agree 100%. I think a lot of that has come about due to 21 drinking age. They are campus bars only on game days; and attendance is getting worse and worse for those. Stub and Herbs smells like urine and new Sally's blows.

The one place that had tons of gopher stuff is gone now - the Big Ten restaurant. Campus Pizza had plenty too, but that's been gone a few years. Like I said, hard to believe there aren't more options. Pretty much the only time I ever go to an Applebee's or Buffalo Wild Wings is before or after a Gopher game because they are often the only option that has seating. Normally those are places I try to avoid.

Panino's had more Gopher stuff than anyone.

Panino's had more Gopher stuff than anyone.

There was a Panino's on campus? When and where was that? Been to the one in North Oaks many times but didn't know there was ever one on campus.

There was a Panino's on campus? When and where was that? Been to the one in North Oaks many times but didn't know there was ever one on campus.

Yes - it was there from 2007-2009, in the strip mall building at Washington/University where Caribou, Burger King, etc. are located.

Yes - it was there from 2007-2009, in the strip mall building at Washington/University where Caribou, Burger King, etc. are located.

Ahh- ok that place didn't exist when I was a student and I never went that far east for events when I attended games. Wish I would have known it was there!

Didn’t the Pourhouse take that spot over pretty recently??

Yes it did, tried to go to the library a year ago or so after a MN United game. Got in side and it was different and we waited at the bar for 10 mins to get service (it wasn't even busy there were open bar spots) got up and left. Never went back.

Sally's has plenty of Gopher related photos and decor as far as I am concerned. I like the new Sally's and I know the kids like going there. On the flip side, one reason the "kids" like going there is I believe the fake ID's are more readily accepted there than other spots. Perhaps that is a comment on how business has been.

If the new sally's had just been a new bar and not a reopening of a bar I liked before I think I would like it more. It's just so corporate/chainy now. The open bar is cool though and they do have good large TVs to watch games on.

I know it's not on campus, but you can't beat the vibe over in Nordeast Minneapolis. Us old-timers (and you young hipsters) like it too.

I know it's not on campus, but you can't beat the vibe over in Nordeast Minneapolis. Us old-timers (and you young hipsters) like it too.

Actually the breweries just East of campus have become a great spot to hang out before events. Everyone knows of Surly, but Black Stack is also awesome along with Lake Monster and dual citizen. There's more to like urban growler, bang brewing. Light rail stops all along there withing a few blocks.

The new Canes in Dinkytown did some nice Gopher decor.

Does McDonald's in Dinkytown still have some nice Gopher decor?

Sterbs has more than a few hockey pics, doesn't it? Always loved the megaphone collection.

Big Ten Gopher photo collection was great. Sub sandwich with criss cross fries and sour cream.

I wish someone could recreate Bullwinkle's vibe circa 1984.

Honest question. Is Bullwinkle's still worth going to? I recall some nefarious activity there recently (last year?). I haven't been there in decades. I'd like to go back and check it out, unless I think I might get stabbed or something.

They had it right when it was Foul Play. $1 any drink for 1-hour every Friday & Saturday night. That is something a college kid living in Dinkytown could support.

Foul Play was great when I was in school, their "study break" special perfect for poor college kids like me

Top Bottom