Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Goldteam View Post
    I'm thinking they must think this guy is crazy good. This is a Juco that is 18 months away.

They must love him.
    He would sign in December as part of the 2020 class and be on campus in January. So about 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldteam View Post
    I'm thinking they must think this guy is crazy good. This is a Juco that is 18 months away.

They must love him.
    "In a day or so"

I've seen some say he has 4 years to play 3. But won't this fall be his 2nd year of JUCO ball?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRedux View Post
    Do you, exist?
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Quote Originally Posted by PoockItInfor6 View Post
    His play recognition on his tape is pretty impressive! Also looks fast. Welcome aboard! Juwan!
    Agreed, he looks very instinctive and athletic. Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRedux View Post
    Do you, exist?
    Nope. This is all a dream.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

This article says 3 years to play 2.

https://247sports.com/college/minnes...her-130692558/
    He used to do surgery for girls in the eighties but gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    I've seen some say he has 4 years to play 3. But won't this fall be his 2nd year of JUCO ball?
    Yes - in the interview he says he has 3 years to play 2.

Thanks guys. The older I get, the more easily confused I get.

Why doesn't he just classify into 2019 and practice/play for the Gophers next year?

What's the reason for staying at JUCO next year if the Gophers already want him and think he can be accepted into school here? To earn a degree from Butler CC that will become irrelevant as soon as he hopefully graduates from the U? There's plenty of time to get him over to the U even in time for summer classes. 'Splain it to me, please.

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    Why doesn't he just classify into 2019 and practice/play for the Gophers next year?

What's the reason for staying at JUCO next year if the Gophers already want him and think he can be accepted into school here? To earn a degree from Butler CC that will become irrelevant as soon as he hopefully graduates from the U? There's plenty of time to get him over to the U even in time for summer classes. 'Splain it to me, please.
    Don't we still need some transfers for the guys that are already signed? I'm assuming that has something to do with it. This exact situation actually came up last year when Ahmad McCullough committed to our 2019 class then joined Maryland in their 2018 class.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    He would sign in December as part of the 2020 class and be on campus in January. So about 8 months.
    I meant seeing the field for 18 months.

It seems awful early for a Juco so I'm thinking they love the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I'm surprised we're hitting the transfer portal for 2020.
    PJ must have changed his mind on this some.
    Could be they think 2020 will be really good so looking to bring in some additional depth that will be ready to go to help bolster the roster. I wouldn't really read too much into it.

He was committed to Rutgers as a 2019 so I agree the moving parts in this situation are all a bit confusing. Was he a non-qualifier out of high school? Went JUCO to get better offers?

How many spots (~) are projected open for the 2020 class? Surely PJ and Co can’t be planning 25 player classes in perpetuity?

Regardless, welcome

I would be willing to bet that he is a non-qualifier so needs the JC degree. Bring him in Jan. 2020 so that he could help us get ready for the Bowl game as Alabama does every year.