Season ticket renewals

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Little odd they haven’t struck while the iron is hot and reached out to season ticket holders. Think they’d try to capitalize on the positive end of the season.

Seems to me the Gopher ticket office/sales reps consistently fail at capitalizing on positive momentum.

No rush they need to seriously consider the proper price point.

Little odd they haven’t struck while the iron is hot and reached out to season ticket holders. Think they’d try to capitalize on the positive end of the season.

Seems to me the Gopher ticket office/sales reps consistently fail at capitalizing on positive momentum.

I thought you were out, not renewing. That’s what you posted at one time. Are you back in now? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you were out, not renewing. That’s what you posted at one time. Are you back in now? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBD. No opporutnity yet, so I can’t opt in or out

Depends on which seats are available. Sick of sitting under the overhang.

Last edited:

I am in for sure but this is the last call if we are in that 8-12 range in the conference.

Yep. Big increase coming.

Cuz that's how the U does things.

JTG

Pretty amazing that we are not sold out and my seats here cost more than my seats at the Kohl Center or at JPJ and Pauley . All the seats are nearly identical in location.

I am in for sure but this is the last call if we are in that 8-12 range in the conference.

What if the Gophers go 8-12 but make it to the Round of 32 as Ohio State did?

This was a weak year for the bubble, but with a 20 Game Big 10 schedule, the right 8-12 will at minimum put Big 10 teams in the conversation for NCCA bids.

This was a weak year for the bubble, but with a 20 Game Big 10 schedule, the right 8-12 will at minimum put Big 10 teams in the conversation for NCCA bids.

B1G had a great non conference this year, I think most average years 8-12 will not be so fortunate.

B1G had a great non conference this year, I think most average years 8-12 will not be so fortunate.

True, that is why i prefaced it by saying they would "at least be in the conversation". Ohio St's own success in the non conference also played a pivotal role.

Just saying in general, sub .500 Power5 teams is not that shocking. Oklahoma was another team well below .500 in conference this year. Along with Ohio St, they made it to the Round of 32.

I haven't had season basketball tickets for a few years now. I did get an email early last week pitching a deposit on season tickets for next year. So they are doing at least that much.

They HAVE to lower prices, at least for some areas of the arena.

Would love it if the Athletic Department would put together a package for folks that want to be both football and men's basketball season ticket holders where you get something like 20% off for purchasing both.

Would love it if the Athletic Department would put together a package for folks that want to be both football and men's basketball season ticket holders where you get something like 20% off for purchasing both.

Thatd be a great idea. Maybe I could pitch my wife on getting hoops tickets to go with our football seats.

Thatd be a great idea. Maybe I could pitch my wife on getting hoops tickets to go with our football seats.

Yeah I think it would be great too, but I'm sure they are reluctant to do anything that could decrease revenue overall. I wonder what % of basketball season ticket holders are current football ticket holders? I'm sure they have this data.

Would be thrilled if you worked there, you have a idea that is beyond. I have the money but it boggles the mind that it is more expensive here than elsewhere and it is not supply demand related.

Not good enough for me. What if a team went 5-15, won the big 10 tourney and won 2 games to get to the sweet 16 ? That would be remarkable but not the sign of a good team. Again, my opinion. Each fan can decide for themselves what meets the standard of having a strong program in year 7.

Not good enough for me. What if a team went 5-15, won the big 10 tourney and won 2 games to get to the sweet 16 ? That would be remarkable but not the sign of a good team. Again, my opinion. Each fan can decide for themselves what meets the standard of having a strong program in year 7.

I'd be thrilled with that.

I suspect the U doesnt care about you or your metric. But it should.

And it doesnt care about me, and the high cost of maintaining tickets along with the incredibly low reward for 'loyalty'. Loyalty points is really about how much money over and beyond the ticket costs I chuck in their direction. Even with 20 years of 'loyalty' I haven't received anything of value except a calendar no more useful that the one the banks and my car mechanic gives out for free.
They're no better than Comcast, oriented toward screwing their customers who have little other place to go for a similar product.

I'd be good with it but we could play that game all day.

For instance this year, what could have kept the Gophers out of the NCAA was they went 2-8 in true road games. You did not pay for any of those contests (expect for the Gophers win at Kohl Center).

Totally agree! Sure it would exciting for that to happen, but consistency is what I’m looking for. At minimum we as fans should want 11-9 during conference play. Contending for big ten titles and making the tournament on a yearly basis will sell tickets.

Totally agree! Sure it would exciting for that to happen, but consistency is what I’m looking for. At minimum we as fans should want 11-9 during conference play. Contending for big ten titles and making the tournament on a yearly basis will sell tickets.

So if the Gopher's would have gone 11-9 this year by taking care of business vs Nebraska & Rutgers on the road (both games 1 possession less than 5 seconds remaining) would have that enhanced the value for a Gopher season ticket holder?

Back to the 5-15 Conf record, winning the Big 10 Tourney and going to the Sweet 16 example. That would enhance the value to me based on the fact that they hang banners for those achievements. When I look to the Williams Arena rafters now, I don't see any BTT Titles and only 3 Sweet 16s. 5 banners is better.

So if the Gopher's would have gone 11-9 this year by taking care of business vs Nebraska & Rutgers on the road (both games 1 possession less than 5 seconds remaining) would have that enhanced the value for a Gopher season ticket holder?

Back to the 5-15 Conf record, winning the Big 10 Tourney and going to the Sweet 16 example. That would enhance the value to me based on the fact that they hang banners for those achievements. When I look to the Williams Arena rafters now, I don't see any BTT Titles and only 3 Sweet 16s. 5 banners is better.

Yes it would I think. I am a season ticket holder and I would feel more encouraged with 11-9 than 9-11. It’s a winning record in a top notch league. By consistently winning league games, big ten titles will come along with big ten tourney titles and better seeds in the big dance which would make advancing in the tournament easier. With all that comes the banners for great achievements.

To be a Gopher season ticket holder, especially for those of us in the long-term category, there has to be more than just basketball or quality basketball in the decision. We've seen some really exciting ball over the years, but more of it has been pretty bad, and paid borderline outrageous prices for it. I thought about pushing a donation through on my taxes one year since I paid way over what the market would dictate, a little like paying more than the market value of a gift basket at a fundraiser. No, I didn't do that, but that's been what we have lived with for thirty years. I suspect most of us have reasons beyond just the hope of a decent team. Family history, gathering with friends, remembering when it was better, etc. For me it's the routine contact with friends that I might not have if not for the games. Also a planned way to get out of the office that's on the calendar. Adding good ball to it really helps, though.

I'm a season ticket holder in both football and basketball. One reason they may not have sent out basketball renewals is that many of us are on a 3 month payment plan for football tickets that is not yet complete. I for one am glad the renewal has not yet been sent out at least until my football tickets are paid. I did get a thank-you from Pitino for being a basketball season ticket holder and a thank-you from Fleck for renewing my football tickets. (Granted not a big deal, but a nice gesture.) I would be quite surprised if there is an increase in ticket prices for 2019-20. I think the athletic department is very much aware of ticket pricing and its effect on attendance. However, if there is a small increase it is not going to effect my renewing. I enjoy basketball, have for many years, and as long as I am still able to physically attend, I most likely will.

I'm a season ticket holder in both football and basketball. One reason they may not have sent out basketball renewals is that many of us are on a 3 month payment plan for football tickets that is not yet complete. I for one am glad the renewal has not yet been sent out at least until my football tickets are paid. I did get a thank-you from Pitino for being a basketball season ticket holder and a thank-you from Fleck for renewing my football tickets. (Granted not a big deal, but a nice gesture.) I would be quite surprised if there is an increase in ticket prices for 2019-20. I think the athletic department is very much aware of ticket pricing and its effect on attendance. However, if there is a small increase it is not going to effect my renewing. I enjoy basketball, have for many years, and as long as I am still able to physically attend, I most likely will.

Thanks for the perspective. Forgot that football season tickets may still be getting finalized!

Top Bottom