PP: Legal problems behind him, ‘humbled’ Ra’Shede Hageman hoping for another NFL shot

I hope for the best but word had it when Jerry showed up he had to tell Hageman to move out of a house with some folks making bad choices and kept him in line... so it's not like this dude had a one off problem with choices.

Hageman owes a lot to Jerry not only due to his off field behavior, but also his lack of attending classes left him in danger of getting kicked off the team. I'm hoping that Hageman realizes the good things that have happened to him when his house is in order. If so, perhaps he'll get a shot somewhere if he is in football shape. I'll be rooting for him. Just don't sign with the Packers!

And it wasn't like he came from a hard childhood, and upbringing right? Not a lot of roadblocks for him in his journey to the NFL

And it wasn't like he came from a hard childhood, and upbringing right? Not a lot of roadblocks for him in his journey to the NFL

Correct; both of his parents are attorneys and his goal was to be a wanna be. Hopefully he can get his life together. Football? Who cares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correct; both of his parents are attorneys and his goal was to be a wanna be. Hopefully he can get his life together. Football? Who cares.

His first 4 years of his life were in a crack house. There can be developmental damage done in a situation like that. Not making excuses, just saying the situation is more complicated than it seems on the surface.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

His first 4 years of his life were in a crack house. There can be developmental damage done in a situation like that. Not making excuses, just saying the situation is more complicated than it seems on the surface.

The first 4 years and 9 months were in a crack house.

Agree with you on the sentiment about getting his life together and football being a lower priority.

Soooo what was he doing in a “crack house” for four years?[emoji52]

I know his story well. Some bad sh**t happened around and possibly to him when he was a toddler. A significant more amount of good things happened to him over the next 24-25 years.

Not to be harsh and certainly not critical of you but I’m from North Minneaplis by way of East St. Louis, by way of Chicago. I would slap his ass in the back of the head if he ever said to me what happened as a toddler is the reason for him f’ing up his life and an NFL career. That is disrespectful to his adoptive parents and anyone else trying to overcome their lot in life without the benefit of parents, coaches, teammates and a multi million income.

My point? I’m extremely familiar with situations like his. To HIM I say; sh**t happens, get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incorrect. We have no idea who his biological parents are and the impact on his life.

Soooo what was he doing in a “crack house” for four years?[emoji52]

I know his story well. Some bad sh**t happened around and possibly to him when he was a toddler. A significant more amount of good things happened to him over the next 24-25 years.

Not to be harsh and certainly not critical of you but I’m from North Minneaplis by way of East St. Louis, by way of Chicago. I would slap his ass in the back of the head if he ever said to me what happened as a toddler is the reason for him f’ing up his life and an NFL career. That is disrespectful to his adoptive parents and anyone else trying to overcome their lot in life without the benefit of parents, coaches, teammates and a multi million income.

My point? I’m extremely familiar with situations like his. To HIM I say; sh**t happens, get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sir don't understand mental health, trauma, anxiety, brain development, etc. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

He has a freakishly good skill set and could still be a really good NFL player if he can get mentally healthy. I don't know him, but like most here have heard his story. It seems like he carried a lot of pain and resentment including not being able to appreciate some of the good things that came to him later in life.

You sir don't understand mental health, trauma, anxiety, brain development, etc. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Exactly.

I totally get the sentiment that a rough childhood doesn't excuse you from bad behavior later in life. But there is so much scientific evidence that children exposed to drugs, abuse, violence, etc. as a small child will be more predisposed to problems later in life.

I hope he gets another shot - I believe people can mature and change. At least he’s taking some level of responsibility and seems to understand why he’s out of the league rather than crying about being blackballed.

Agreed. Hope he works hard and gets another shot to be successful.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom