Spring recruits/transfers only thread.

They dont have any official visits left so its gonna be real hard to get anyone. Id expect Rudrud to get it.

I expect the same. 12 eligible players are enough. At this point, it doesn't make a lot of sense to add another grad transfer who likely would be fairly marginal; better to give the playing time to the freshmen or Omersa.

Stating the obvious here, but if Carr gets hurt it has the potential to be a long, long season. Knock on wood.

Tyler Scanlon headed for Belmont

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SS put that out there because he is never right, therefore saving the Gopher's season from injury problems.

Was going to say, "You're new around here," and then I saw how many posts you've had. So the obvious conclusion is you either don't pay attention or you're just not that sharp.

Was going to say, "You're new around here," and then I saw how many posts you've had. So the obvious conclusion is you either don't pay attention or you're just not that sharp.

Mulligan. you've been around here long enough to realize my posts drip with sarcasm almost as much as Goodasgold's!

SS and BuiltBadgers are probably the most credible posters on this board.

He isn't. He is a huge upgrade.

You're missing the point. We had an entire spring to add another significant contributor to the backcourt via the transfer market and didn't do anything. Now you are banking on Marcus Carr (who I agree, is going to be a good player) to be lights out night in and night out. Could Willis/Williams/Greenlee, et. all surprise? Perhaps but there was a way to add another one year rental piece and they simply just didn't do it. Sure, they could've ended up like Stull or they could've ended up like Springs, we don't know but you take that chance.

I'm really disappointed by how we handled the backcourt situation this spring.

You're missing the point. We had an entire spring to add another significant contributor to the backcourt via the transfer market and didn't do anything. Now you are banking on Marcus Carr (who I agree, is going to be a good player) to be lights out night in and night out. Could Willis/Williams/Greenlee, et. all surprise? Perhaps but there was a way to add another one year rental piece and they simply just didn't do it. Sure, they could've ended up like Stull or they could've ended up like Springs, we don't know but you take that chance.

It's not like they didn't try, they struck out on several guys for whatever reason

I think with Carr/Gabe/Willis/Williams/Greenlee they will be fine at guard. Carr will see big minutes and Willis or Williams will see some time at PG. I'm comfortable with our guard rotation.

I get your disappointment, but if you were a grad-transfer guard, would you really want to fight for a spot off the bench in your last season? Everyone and their brother knows Carr and Gabe are starting in the backcourt. Willis has been with the program for a year already (and apparently has looked pretty good in practice), and Williams seems like he could be ready to carve out minutes right away. I'm not saying a grad transfer can't beat out Willis and Williams (and maybe if he was good enough Pitino could start him along side Carr and Gabe for a three guard lineup), but there will be competition for minutes. It was very unlikely that we were going to get a sure-fire grad-transfer guard, and there were plenty of other schools out there who could promise minutes right away or sell it based on a top-25 caliber team. They did try for multiple guards, but it didn't work out.

I think with Carr/Gabe/Willis/Williams/Greenlee they will be fine at guard. Carr will see big minutes and Willis or Williams will see some time at PG. I'm comfortable with our guard rotation.

I think the really funny thing is how many people were saying we didn't need a guard when we were in on Sherfield.

I think the really funny thing is how many people were saying we didn't need a guard when we were in on Sherfield.

You ALWAYS need a guard in college buckets. However, we didn't need one that wouldn't fit. Sherfield was a take because he would have been the PG of the future and was good enough where you could forgo a 2020 PG. The other possibility was a guy like Greenlee who understands the likelihood that he is a depth player next year and is taking the chance that he can earn a starting spot in two years. That's who we got and we may be pleasantly surprised. Perhaps he is a Davison type kid without the dirty play element.

Shakur Juiston to Oregon.

.....The other possibility was a guy like Greenlee.....Perhaps he is a Davison type kid without the dirty play element.

At 6'0" - 175lbs Greenlee would certainly be a "small" Davison type.

Top Bottom