Spring recruits/transfers only thread.

TF - since you appear to have some #sources - any inside info on any grad transfer backcourt (guard or wings) the staff is reaching out to? Haven't heard anything and I am firmly in the camp that we need another even if Sherfield commits here.

Amir coming back would obviously change this but I also feel strongly that we need to approach backcourt recruiting in the spring as Amir is gone and if he comes back, it's a great development, but there is no reason we shouldn't be looking the GT route for a spot there as well.

Yep. But you have Springs and Malik Smith who averaged about 13 a game and ended up being 9 PPG guys here.

Sometimes you have guys that have just as good if better of a season after grad transferring like Mikyle Mcntosh at Oregon and Karem Kanter at Xavier. It's an inexact science.

Yes, we should assume generally that grad transfers from lesser conferences will have a bit of a drop off here. Still, if we could recruit two grad transfers who combined for about 18 pts. per game (2 x 9) in the season, those would be great acquisitions.

TF - since you appear to have some #sources - any inside info on any grad transfer backcourt (guard or wings) the staff is reaching out to? Haven't heard anything and I am firmly in the camp that we need another even if Sherfield commits here.

Amir coming back would obviously change this but I also feel strongly that we need to approach backcourt recruiting in the spring as Amir is gone and if he comes back, it's a great development, but there is no reason we shouldn't be looking the GT route for a spot there as well.

best case on the wing front...Coffey comes back and we get Ihnen to sign and to learn behind Coffey for a year....but when it comes to grad transfers with the unknown of Coffey on whether hes coming back or not I don't think we are a very appealing team to most grad transfer wings

Yes, we should assume generally that grad transfers from lesser conferences will have a bit of a drop off here. Still, if we could recruit two grad transfers who combined for about 18 pts. per game (2 x 9) in the season, those would be great acquisitions.

What if they give up 20 !

best case on the wing front...Coffey comes back and we get Ihnen to sign and to learn behind Coffey for a year....but when it comes to grad transfers with the unknown of Coffey on whether hes coming back or not I don't think we are a very appealing team to most grad transfer wings

You're right, best case scenario is Coffey coming back (we're going to agree to disagree on Ihnen but that's a separate discussion).

If Amir came back, that would null and void all of this but I don't like to see us wait around and bank on that possibility because we could get burned. I like Carr, we know what we have in Gabe but this team could seriously use another upperclassman, immediate impact backcourt player. Willis is probably a rotational PG/SG type and I like the freshmen we'd be bringing in with Williams (and hopefully Sherfield) but I don't want to have to rely on any of those three to have to be or forced to play major minutes out of necessity when you have every opportunity to address that concern.

I included wing in my original statement mainly to cover all basis, to be honest, it doesn't even necessarily have to be a true wing. Sure, it would be nice to have the prototypical 6'7" guy there but honestly, I'd approach it as add the best 1, 2, or 3 you can get and let it work itself out. We can play a three guard lineup, it's really not that big of a deal. Carr has the ability to play the 2 if we happened to have a legit PG GT addition, same with Gabe to the 3. Or even if it was a serious impact 2 guard that wanted in, Carr could play at the 1, Gabe once again to the 3 if need be.

The moral of the story is if Amir wanted to come back, great but we can't bank on that and we have every chance to add another veteran, plug and play 1, 2 or 3. I would hope that we are exploring that as much as possible and would be frustrated if we aren't.

Hauser brothers both leaving Marquette, WOW they are going to be huge for whoever gets them. We have the scholarships and need shooters. Come on Ricky!

Hauser brothers both leaving Marquette, WOW they are going to be huge for whoever gets them. We have the scholarships and need shooters. Come on Ricky!

Both are sit out transfers though i believe. Marquette just went from a top 10 team to a pretty bad team, wow.

Didn’t a poster on here recently say two potential transfer forwards recently visited campus but hadn’t put their names in the portal yet. Maybe it was the Hausers! Get waivers and we have our replacements for Murph and Amir.

Carr
Gabe
Hauser
Hauser
Oturu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t a poster on here recently say two potential transfer forwards recently visited campus but hadn’t put their names in the portal yet. Maybe it was the Hausers! Get waivers and we have our replacements for Murph and Amir.

Carr
Gabe
Hauser
Hauser
Oturu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt all of this but we can dream. Rumored choices are Virginia, MSU, and *barf* Wisconsin also “in the mix.”

Anthony Duruji (La Tech) who was mentioned here is going to Florida.

So much transfer talent out there and feels like we are not even sniffing anything good.

Confused why Hausers left. Two very good players on a very good team.

Confused why Hausers left. Two very good players on a very good team.

Same. Marquette would've been a preseason top-15 team going into next year. Main reasons to transfer from a power-6 team:

Playing time (non-issue)
Location (non-issue, as they're from WI)
Bad team (non-issue)
Fired coach (non-issue)

I'm thinking the relationship soured with Woj (just like the Lawson brothers with Tubby) or maybe they're sick of Howard consistently playing hero-ball...

So much transfer talent out there and feels like we are not even sniffing anything good.

Well Alihan Demir is visiting next week unless you don't consider him good.

We don't have room for a grad transfer wing as of right now. A possible Hurt transfer could change that. I believe the coaches think Amir will be with the team and they really like a couple of the young wings they are recruiting. I think we would be more inclined to take 2 young wings if Hurt transferred than to bring in a grad transfer.

I dont think they want a sit out transfer right now.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WHOA. This would be sick. Loved his game in the tourney!

The relationship for the Hausers went toxic months ago. They have been very forward about what they are looking for. Really good players, great kids. This is a three horse race and not sure it is all that close.

The relationship for the Hausers went toxic months ago. They have been very forward about what they are looking for. Really good players, great kids. This is a three horse race and not sure it is all that close.

Just to clarify, I was talking about Max Hazzard, not the Hausers.

So who's the leader?

Not close between their top 3 and everyone else? Or are you saying they have a clear leader among those 3?

Top Bottom