Spring recruits/transfers only thread.

He has pluses and minuses. On the plus side he played big minutes got a lot of assists and was a very good rebounder for a guard. On the minus side he turned it over almost 3 times a game. He is a decent 3 point shooter at 33% but not a volume shooter. 58% Free throw shooter last year...

Last edited:

Like the assist and steal numbers, free throw shooting (especially for a PG) not so much.
Could do alot worst with the 13th spot on the roster, have to battle for bench minutes and is a Senior. If we can get him do it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

might be best case scenario. Give a guy a chance to play in big ten. Pitino teams always get injured, so a grad transfer is going to get clock

They always get injured because there is no depth...one of the things that recruiting players who sit for a year causes. I agree there will be talented ball handlers who will want to play in a big league to further their careers if possible.

Former 5 star PG and Duke commit Derryck Thornton is grad transferring from USC. Not sure if the Gophers will pursue him or anything, and I don’t think he lived up to his recruiting hype, but there is another quality ball handler on the grad transfer market.

Different team, but did anyone else notice Wisconsin is down to nine scholarship players. I know they usually have a couple decent walk-ons, but that can't be good for depth or running practice

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2 of 3 from the 2018 class are already gone. Will be interesting to see where the Hausers end up. Either way they'll have to sit out a year.

Former 5 star PG and Duke commit Derryck Thornton is grad transferring from USC. Not sure if the Gophers will pursue him or anything, and I don’t think he lived up to his recruiting hype, but there is another quality ball handler on the grad transfer market.

I'd definitely take him if we can't get anything better. I'd prefer Woolridge, South or Moss but Thornton would be solid too.

Rumor is it is down to Wisconsin, Virginia, and Michigan St.

Unless they offered on the Hauser's visit today, UVA has still not extended that opportunity. They have a roster management issue in regards where they stand with 2020 recruits. Giving 5 years for three years of play is a big decision if it costs you Henry Coleman and Cam Hayes on a reclass, what does it do to Beekman . We see it here, Pitino has super difficult recruiting decisions. So much goes into it.

Unless they offered on the Hauser's visit today, UVA has still not extended that opportunity. They have a roster management issue in regards where they stand with 2020 recruits. Giving 5 years for three years of play is a big decision if it costs you Henry Coleman and Cam Hayes on a reclass, what does it do to Beekman . We see it here, Pitino has super difficult recruiting decisions. So much goes into it.

5 for 3 years of play?

per Shama:

ESPN college basketball authority Fran Fraschilla has followed Alihan Demir, the 6-9 forward and grad transfer from Drexel who is the latest member of coach Richard Pitino’s Golden Gophers 2019 recruiting class.

“I expect him to be a solid role player up front,” Fraschilla told Sports Headliners this week. “Not a star, but just a good role player for them. Someone that gives them power inside. He shoots the three but that’s not really his game. He’s more of a banger, plays with toughness. Very good passer.”

Demir, a native of Turkey who averaged 14.8 points and 6.4 rebounds while making third team All-Colonial Athletic Association last season, joins a newcomers group that also includes 2019-2020 freshmen Sam Freeman (Dallas, Texas), Isaiah Ihnen (Boeblingen, Germany) and Tre’ Williams (Dallas, Texas).

Minnesota’s freshmen class is ranked No. 37 in the nation by 247sports.com.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Not directly gophers related, but hearing the houser brothers are likely to make their decision tomorrow. No idea where they are going commit, hopefully to Virginia.

Not directly gophers related, but hearing the houser brothers are likely to make their decision tomorrow. No idea where they are going commit, hopefully to Virginia.

Think you should prep for the team that Calvin is pissing on from what I’ve seen (zero sourced info).

I am just not hearing a ton of positive chatter on MSU or UVA. Seems like they’ve moved on to an extent or can’t fit them with what they want to do.

Last edited:

STrib: Gophers not finished with 2019 class: Prep school guard and former Nebraska recruit visited

The late signing period ended earlier this week, but the Gophers are still looking to put the finishing touches on their 2019 recruiting class.

Highest on the priority list for Richard Pitino is to add another guard who could help the Gophers run their offense in the 2019-20 season.

Three-star New Hampton School (N.H.) guard Mika Adams-Woods made his official visit to Minnesota on Tuesday and Wednesday, but there’s no word yet on an announcement date from him.

Adams-Woods thanked the Gophers for having him on an official visit after it ended. He posted pics wearing a Minnesota uniform an his Instagram account, but wrote that he was not committed.

Minnesota jumped on his recruitment this month. Other schools are showing more interest as well, including Cincinnati recently.The 6-foot-3, 175-pound senior from New York was a former Nebraska recruit who asked to be released from his signed letter of intent last month when Tim Miles was replaced by Fred Hoiberg as Cornhuskers coach.

“I think people if they see Mika they’ll be pleasantly surprised,” his former high school coach Gallagher Driscoll said this week. “His biggest thing is he makes everybody around him better. He’s left-handed. Everybody likes playing with Mika. I think he’s a great listener and is very, very coachable. He’s not one of those guys who they will take him just to fill a spot. I think he’s competitive enough to put himself in a situation to be playing some (major) minutes. I just think he’s really good. You need somebody to get the ball from Point A to Point B.”

Adams-Woods was considering Massachusetts, Florida International and St. Joseph’s after reopening his recruitment earlier this spring. The Gophers have been searching for another ballhandler and facilitator to add to their 2019 class, which includes guard Tre’ Williams, forward Isaiah Ihnen and center Sam Freeman.

In his second season at New Hampton this year, Adams-Woods averaged 19 points, 6.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.9 steals. He also shot 56.8 percent from the field and 42.5 percent from three-point range.

“I think he was under recruited,” said Driscoll, who coached Adams-Woods at Bishop Ludden. “He’s a true point guard who had an unbelievable year this year at New Hampton. There was a period when he was scoring 25 point per game and shooting close to 50 percent from the three-point line.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...nd-former-nebraska-recruit-visited/510078882/

Go Gophers!!

Adams-Woods has nice shooting percentages. curious how many 3s he took per game.

Don't you think he is probably waiting until Amir decides what he is doing?

Do you think a freshman would really put that much stock in another player that he will only play with one out of his four possible years?

If he's looking for immediate playing time, I think he would.

I'd rather have a grad transfer that can help us win now. Really not that excited at the notion of signing this guy. Low scoring numbers (only 8 PPG in a fast paced guard dominated EYBL league) and unimpressive offer list. Not even ranked in the top 200. (ya ya ya, Ja Morant, whatever) A decent grad transfer would be a better use of that schollie. I say just wait it out and wait for the right fit.

I'd rather have a grad transfer that can help us win now. Really not that excited at the notion of signing this guy. Low scoring numbers (only 8 PPG in a fast paced guard dominated EYBL league) and unimpressive offer list. Not even ranked in the top 200. (ya ya ya, Ja Morant, whatever) A decent grad transfer would be a better use of that schollie. I say just wait it out and wait for the right fit.

What good grad transfer is gonna be cool with coming in and being a backup pg? Those guys wanna play and there isnt many minutes available here.

What good grad transfer is gonna be cool with coming in and being a backup pg? Those guys wanna play and there isnt many minutes available here.

Tough backcourt rotation to crack. Carr, Kalscheur, Willis, Williams will all be contributors in the backcourt. If Coffey doesn't return, could see RP going to a 3 guard lineup, in which scenario a decent grad transfer could definitely get a lot of run at the expense of Willis & Williams. If Coffey is back, pretty much backup minutes only unless there's a guy who's better than both Carr and Kalscheur who wants to play for the Gophers but as of now I don't see that guy out there anywhere.

Top Bottom