Spring recruits/transfers only thread.

I do too but we all know the grad transfers outside of a few elites are a bit of a crap shoot. I remember just last spring being very excited about a quality shooter from Milwaukee that would bring stability to the perimeter game. Didn't really work out as planned. Northwestern had two grad transfers this year that were highly recruited and both struggled. I hope he comes and it works as he fills a gaping hole, but no guarantees.

You keep saying "no guarantees" when it comes to recruiting, and I really like that you actually take that approach (semi realistic) instead of penciling Tre Williams in as a starter and All B1G like a bunch on here. But dude its a message board how could anyone not like our floor as a team better? We don't need to wait and see if he makes us better, he already does because we don't have a 4 that can stay healthy on the roster. Saying no guarantee after every post does nothing.

Welp Banton is headed to Nebraska so there goes that one. Maybe there’s another guard considering the Gophers? Hopefully we get some good news on Demir soon. Would feel pretty good about the roster if we were able to add him. He’d give us good balance in the front court

Welp Banton is headed to Nebraska so there goes that one. Maybe there’s another guard considering the Gophers? Hopefully we get some good news on Demir soon. Would feel pretty good about the roster if we were able to add him. He’d give us good balance in the front court

Grad transfers Kareem South (Texas A&M-CC, played AAU with Carr) and Donnell Gresham (Northeastern, from Cretin-DH) both had been contacted by the Gophers. Both have connections to our team and would be good guard depth. Wondering if they are waiting to see if Amir comes back to see about potential playing time?

No word from Pitino's trip yet I guess.

It certainly appears that Demir is either not picking us or he is still making up his mind.

We better have a back-up plan.

Another site says we are still recruiting Kobe Brown. He visited in the fall but committed to A&M, but them de-committed. He’s a thick 6’7”. Probably more of a small forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another site says we are still recruiting Kobe Brown. He visited in the fall but committed to A&M, but them de-committed. He’s a thick 6’7”. Probably more of a small forward.

He's a legit prospect, I'd take him for sure.

RJ last said he's only interested in southern schools, that's why we lost out in the fall. I wouldn't consider him a possibility at this time.

Unless I'm mistaken, can't we take him and one more?

I'm assuming we get Demir so after that we'd have one more spot if Coffey comes back, two if he leaves but by the time we know, it'd probably be too late.

UNC just got a big commitment from William and Mary grad transfer Justin Pierce. Was down to them, Michigan and Notre Dame.

UNC just got a big commitment from William and Mary grad transfer Justin Pierce. Was down to them, Michigan and Notre Dame.

Must be tough to compete with UNC for grad transfers. If you got a real degree from somewhere else, it must be equivalent to a PhD at UNC without needing to take anymore classes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like we got one

6907f906c70090fd7b204cd96cf39454.jpg

Yep, we got Demir!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really curious to see what we do with the last spot now. Will we look for a grad transfer guard or go with one of the high school wings who were still scheduled to visit this weekend and the next?

Really curious to see what we do with the last spot now. Will we look for a grad transfer guard or go with one of the high school wings who were still scheduled to visit this weekend and the next?

Bank it

Only if you can't get a grad transfer. Keep in mind there's at least a 50/50 shot we'll have another one to fill.

Good point. A grad transfer doesnt effect future years. You are right

Isaiah Moss transferring from Iowa. Would not mind using that last scholarship on him :cool:

Top Bottom