Spring recruits/transfers only thread.

My MU buddy said Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My MU buddy said Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be one random guy’s twitter at the source of that and most people think he was joking.

What good would 2 laterally slow forwards that aren’t great defenders do Shaka, who isn’t even guaranteed to be there when they’re eligible in 2 years? That one seems extremely not true.

There seems to be one random guy’s twitter at the source of that and most people think he was joking.

What good would 2 laterally slow forwards that aren’t great defenders do Shaka, who isn’t even guaranteed to be there when they’re eligible in 2 years? That one seems extremely not true.

Seems like they would be eligible in the 20-21 season, that's one year. Agree that Texas does not seem like a good fit for their style. The guys can shoot, though. They will have lots of opportunity.

Is the Marquette fan base melting down and asking for Wojo's head? I can only imagine what it would look like on this board if something similar happened here.

Built’s fav 2.

Your wrong. I cheer for the Gophers when they play UW but do admire their program. They built a powerhouse and drew a paycheck from them. Hausers have 3 schools . UVA, MSU and UW. They are from Stevens Point and have a relationship with the Bennett's and have visited UVA for NBA top 100 camp, plus a official for the younger one. Then they decided on staying home and playing together. They loved what they saw in the 35-3 UVA season. Defense would not be a problem as they want to play defense and UVA plays team defense. Might not matter even with UVA losing 2 players in the 1st round of the NBA draft today as they have a ton of recruiting options right now including stealing one from UNC today. That could mean MSU or UW. They both shoot the lights out of it but want to play for a coach who teaches defense and wins. Marquette is a cesspool of how not to coach.

Seems like they would be eligible in the 20-21 season, that's one year. Agree that Texas does not seem like a good fit for their style. The guys can shoot, though. They will have lots of opportunity.

Is the Marquette fan base melting down and asking for Wojo's head? I can only imagine what it would look like on this board if something similar happened here.

By 2 years I meant after sitting out this one, they’d be eligible the next.

Yes, their fanbase has been negative after a few underwhelming seasons and a meltdown last year. Most were ready to fire but also see what he could do with a team that is talented enough to maybe be top 10. Now they all just seem to know that it’s very likely over after this year and most want it anyways.

Your wrong. I cheer for the Gophers when they play UW but do admire their program. They built a powerhouse and drew a paycheck from them. Hausers have 3 schools . UVA, MSU and UW. They are from Stevens Point and have a relationship with the Bennett's and have visited UVA for NBA top 100 camp, plus a official for the younger one. Then they decided on staying home and playing together. They loved what they saw in the 35-3 UVA season. Defense would not be a problem as they want to play defense and UVA plays team defense. Might not matter even with UVA losing 2 players in the 1st round of the NBA draft today as they have a ton of recruiting options right now including stealing one from UNC today. That could mean MSU or UW. They both shoot the lights out of it but want to play for a coach who teaches defense and wins. Marquette is a cesspool of how not to coach.

Woj is trash.

per Marcus:

The Gophers, who have four scholarships available, are excited to have Williams, but they're looking to add more players this week to join him in their 2019 recruiting class.

Minnesota coach Richard Pitino received a commitment earlier this month from 6-foot-10 Northwest High (Texas) center Sam Freeman, who is expected to sign at a school ceremony Friday. Sunrise Christian Academy (Kan.) four-star guard Grant Sherfield is also considering the Gophers, along with Wichita State and Wake Forest with the late signing period starting Wednesday.

A former UCLA recruit, Sherfield had an official visit with his hometown Shockers over the weekend, but there doesn’t seem to be any decision yet. Minnesota assistant Kyle Lindsted, a Wichita native, has known the Sherfield family for years. Sherfield came away impressed after visiting the Gophers when they defeated Purdue on Senior Night in early March.

Pitino and his staff are also hoping to add some experience to the roster, especially in the frontcourt. Drexel junior forward and graduate transfer Alihan Demir is reportedly visiting the Gophers on Friday. Demir averaged 14.8 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists and shot 51.2 percent from the floor this season.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-looking-to-add-late-to-2019-class/508606512/

Go Gophers!!

Keep his word about recruits? Playing time?

Hausers played plenty. Woj plays this "All American" boy act, but he's not. He learned that from his mentor. Lies more go with styles of play, following through with recruiting promises. Hausers got pretty lit up by Wisconsin fans I thought when they chose Marquette. Wonder if that will play an into their decision. Marquette is a just not a job for clean cut folk.

Keep his word about recruits? Playing time?

No. They were promised that Howard would be talked to in front of the team about jacking up 30 shots and not playing defense. They watched other teams that played both ends, developed high end NBA guys and won. Will be interested in seeing what programs want to book two scholarships that you can not play next year.

per Marcus:

The Gophers, who have four scholarships available, are excited to have Williams, but they're looking to add more players this week to join him in their 2019 recruiting class.

Minnesota coach Richard Pitino received a commitment earlier this month from 6-foot-10 Northwest High (Texas) center Sam Freeman, who is expected to sign at a school ceremony Friday. Sunrise Christian Academy (Kan.) four-star guard Grant Sherfield is also considering the Gophers, along with Wichita State and Wake Forest with the late signing period starting Wednesday.

A former UCLA recruit, Sherfield had an official visit with his hometown Shockers over the weekend, but there doesn’t seem to be any decision yet. Minnesota assistant Kyle Lindsted, a Wichita native, has known the Sherfield family for years. Sherfield came away impressed after visiting the Gophers when they defeated Purdue on Senior Night in early March.

Pitino and his staff are also hoping to add some experience to the roster, especially in the frontcourt. Drexel junior forward and graduate transfer Alihan Demir is reportedly visiting the Gophers on Friday. Demir averaged 14.8 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists and shot 51.2 percent from the floor this season.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-looking-to-add-late-to-2019-class/508606512/

Go Gophers!!

Assuming Freeman signs and no one else transfers, the Gophers will only sign 3. They will save the 4th Scholly for Amir. By the time his decision is made, the grad transfer market will be dried up and they won't use it on another "project" young player. They will want the Scholly for next years class. I think the most realistic scenario right now is Ihnen, Demir and Sherfield. IF Hazzard became a realistic possibility, they would jump on him, despite the wrath of the roster management crowd

Assuming Freeman signs and no one else transfers, the Gophers will only sign 3. They will save the 4th Scholly for Amir. By the time his decision is made, the grad transfer market will be dried up and they won't use it on another "project" young player. They will want the Scholly for next years class. I think the most realistic scenario right now is Ihnen, Demir and Sherfield. IF Hazzard became a realistic possibility, they would jump on him, despite the wrath of the roster management crowd

Are you saying adding grad transfers would provoke the wrath of the roster management crowd? I'd argue that's the exact opposite of their reaction and what would actually draw the wrath is adding tons of HS kids at this point in the recruiting cycle

Are you saying adding grad transfers would provoke the wrath of the roster management crowd? I'd argue that's the exact opposite of their reaction and what would actually draw the wrath is adding tons of HS kids at this point in the recruiting cycle

First, I was joking. What I mean't was if we took Hazzard and Sherfield, we would have a log jam with guys that handle and short on the wing. If we took Hazzard, it would not be at the expense of Sherfield. Sherfield is a priority.

No. They were promised that Howard would be talked to in front of the team about jacking up 30 shots and not playing defense. They watched other teams that played both ends, developed high end NBA guys and won. Will be interested in seeing what programs want to book two scholarships that you can not play next year.

I found myself watching a lot of Big East basketball this year on FS1 and Fox and hence saw Marquette play more than most other non-Big 10 teams and you could just see the frustrated body language of the other Marquette players and especially the Hausers, when Howard would run around and take bad shots outside of the flow of the offense. He had a few games where he was very impressive, but really started to buy into his own hype as the season went on. I remember thinking at the time how frustrating it would be to knock down a couple 3's in a row and then not see the ball for the next dozen possessions.

This move is not shocking in the least bit.

We have a minimum 4 scholarships to give without Coffey or Hurt leaving.

Murphy
McBrayer
Stockman
Stull

Coffey?
Hurt?

Murphy
McBrayer
Stockman
Stull

Coffey?
Hurt?

They have three available at the moment, assuming Coffey stays. They also lost IW but have added Williams and Freeman.

Murphy
McBrayer
Stockman
Stull

Coffey?
Hurt?

1. Carr
2. Willis
3. Gabe
4. Williams
5. Hurt
6. Oturo
7. Omersa
8. Curry
9. Freeman
10. Amir

Leaves 3 Schollys left

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26530279/undefined

ESPN article on transfers, doesn't show if the Gophers are in on any of them.

Quite a few SFs I'd be on hard to make sure we don't have a Coffey sized hole.

It will be very difficult to convince an immediate available transfer to come here when there is a Senior on roster and the possible return of another Senior, that already plays around 37-38 minutes a game. The best bet is to find a promising young guy(Ihnen) and utilize Willis, Hurt and the young guys along with some three guard lineups.

It will be very difficult to convince an immediate available transfer to come here when there is a Senior on roster and the possible return of another Senior, that already plays around 37-38 minutes a game. The best bet is to find a promising young guy(Ihnen) and utilize Willis, Hurt and the young guys along with some three guard lineups.

Is the other senior you are referring to Hurt? I would hope you are joking that he would scare off a grad transfer

Marcus just posted he thinks Sherfield will commit to WSU

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is the other senior you are referring to Hurt? I would hope you are joking that he would scare off a grad transfer

Amir Coffey. There are so many unknowns right now at that position that it is hard to recruit an immediate eligible player. It could be Coffey, Hurt and Tre Williams/Inhen, which a transfer would never consider. It could be Coffey, freshman/freshman, which a transfer would never consider. It could be no Coffey or Hurt. It could be Hurt and no Coffey, etc...

Amir Coffey. There are so many unknowns right now at that position that it is hard to recruit an immediate eligible player. It could be Coffey, Hurt and Tre Williams/Inhen, which a transfer would never consider. It could be Coffey, freshman/freshman, which a transfer would never consider. It could be no Coffey or Hurt. It could be Hurt and no Coffey, etc...

Yeah I know he was one but you referenced a senior on the roster and another one that might come back...meaning hurt and coffey correct? If Coffey isn't back I don't see how it wouldn't be ideal for a GT

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26530279/undefined

ESPN article on transfers, doesn't show if the Gophers are in on any of them.

Quite a few SFs I'd be on hard to make sure we don't have a Coffey sized hole.

Alihan Demir is visiting this Friday and he is ranked #28. If you believe Tommy Flanagan, we are in the mix for Shakur Juiston as well who is ranked #3 and it's been reported that we have reached out to #19, Max Hazzard and #35 Donnell Gresham.

So we definitely are in on a few of them.

Top Bottom