Dujuanta Weaver 5'10 PG Eastern Kentucky
Jalen Williams 6'8 PF Furman
Ryan Woolridge 6'3 PG North Texas

Not sure the ladies would care for Pat McNamara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolridge is the 37th best grad transfer on Goodmans list. Heres their take:

37) Ryan Woolridge, 6-3, 175, PG, North Texas
Stats: 11.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.8 apg
Scout’s take: “Elite speed, great defender both on and off the ball. He finds the open guy and is a good finisher.”

Woolridge is the 37th best grad transfer on Goodmans list. Heres their take:

37) Ryan Woolridge, 6-3, 175, PG, North Texas
Stats: 11.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.8 apg
Scout’s take: “Elite speed, great defender both on and off the ball. He finds the open guy and is a good finisher.”

Woolridge will commit in next 24 hrs. Nice PG pick up for a position of huge need.

Woolridge will commit in next 24 hrs. Nice PG pick up for a position of huge need.

Sure hope so. Definitely a position of need. Sounds like he's solid PG - should fill the backup role very nicely. It will be very interesting to see what happens with the other scholarship. Is Calhoun still in the picture?

If he can be a good defender and a distributor, then I am happy to have him as a backup ball handler. He's not much of a 3P shooter (33%, made 20 last year) or a FT shooter (58%).

I browsed the NT forum a bit, and some of the things their fans have said: always smiling, looking more to make the assist than basket, team leader, team player, drove the lane, he is a warrior, good defender, high effort, really quick, injury prone, and can't shoot.

If he can be a good defender and a distributor, then I am happy to have him as a backup ball handler. He's not much of a 3P shooter (33%, made 20 last year) or a FT shooter (58%).

I browsed the NT forum a bit, and some of the things their fans have said: always smiling, looking more to make the assist than basket, team leader, team player, drove the lane, he is a warrior, good defender, high effort, really quick, injury prone, and can't shoot.

The FT shooting % is brutal. Wow. But if he defend, distribute and take care of the ball...that'd be excellent. He appears to rebound the ball well for a PG. Almost 6 per game!

The cupboard is pretty much bare in terms of grad transfers who can handle the ball, at this point. Tough sell to come in as a grad transfer and back up Carr. Woolridge probably isn't a B1G caliber player, but the pickins are slim & we need a guy who'll be happy playing 10-15 minutes a game of the bench. It could work out well for both sides. I'm hoping it happens.

The cupboard is pretty much bare in terms of grad transfers who can handle the ball, at this point. Tough sell to come in as a grad transfer and back up Carr. Woolridge probably isn't a B1G caliber player, but the pickins are slim & we need a guy who'll be happy playing 10-15 minutes a game of the bench. It could work out well for both sides. I'm hoping it happens.
Honestly we just need a guy Carr can go against in practice. If he guard, great, give him a few minutes, but it wouldn't shock me to see Willis run the point at different stretches in the game. Low risk move, but not the end of the world if we don't get him

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think his numbers say otherwise and also I think Woolridge could definitely start for us alongside Carr with the opening Coffey left us. I think that would give us the 5 best players starting.

With Demir it's a tough evaluation because his numbers indicate he is certainly a Big Ten caliber starter but his film tells me he his game might not translate well to the Big Ten due to his severe lack of athleticism, similar to Stull. With Woolridge he has both the numbers to indicate he is a Big Ten player and the size and athleticism that translates to the Big Ten.

Honestly we just need a guy Carr can go against in practice. If he guard, great, give him a few minutes, but it wouldn't shock me to see Willis run the point at different stretches in the game. Low risk move, but not the end of the world if we don't get him

I think Woolridge would be much more than just a guy that Carr goes against in practice.

I think Woolridge would be much more than just a guy that Carr goes against in practice.
Maybe, hopefully. I thought Stull would not only keep Gabe on the bench but maybe challenge Pre for minutes while Jelly would solidify the PG spot. Man was I wrong. Worst case if all Woodridge is, is another body not a big deal. If he helps it's a bonus, but we need enough guys to cover for injuries and be able to run a quality practice

No shock but Jaevin Cumberland is going to Cincy with his cousin Jarron. Another one bites the dust in the transfer market.

Maybe, hopefully. I thought Stull would not only keep Gabe on the bench but maybe challenge Pre for minutes while Jelly would solidify the PG spot. Man was I wrong. Worst case if all Woodridge is, is another body not a big deal. If he helps it's a bonus, but we need enough guys to cover for injuries and be able to run a quality practice

I don't know much about Woolridge but a look at the stats and videos shows he gets a lot of steals, assists well and finishes on the break. The report on him is that he has elite speed and we can use that as none of our other guards will be speedsters. I hope we get him!

A projection saying Woolridge will land with Gophers

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
It's a little disappointing that we couldn't even get any consideration from Shakur Juiston seeing that we have a gaping hole at PF and coach Jeter was an assistant at UNLV. He would be the perfect replacement for Murphy too.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

A new shooter hits the market...

Anyone know anything about Federico Miaschi? He was considering visiting us at one point, but I can't find updates on his recruitment since then.

Top Bottom