Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 743
  1. #691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leib0039 View Post
    Giving them to walk ons is sitting on them in my opinion, so no. And having guys on visits does nothing, you can get every guy in the top 100 to visit, if none of them sign that doesn't matter, in recruiting if you aint first your last. I hope it all works out but I have my doubts there are a lot of P5 schools with 2 open scholarships on June 11th, maybe I am wrong but feels at this point like the team should be pretty set by now and not hoping a guy who averaged 5.3 points playing for Northwestern State at Cal Poly commits to us.
    Who is this mythical 5.3 point per game recruit that we are waiting on? I know we are waiting on Woolridge who averaged about 12 a game for North Texas and is rated the #40 GT (not bad out of 800).


  2. #692
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bracketville, MN
    Posts
    21,530
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Who is this mythical 5.3 point per game recruit that we are waiting on? I know we are waiting on Woolridge who averaged about 12 a game for North Texas and is rated the #40 GT (not bad out of 800).
    Hopefully if Gophers get Woolridge his fractured kneecap comes around quickly.

  3. #693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leib0039 View Post
    Giving them to walk ons is sitting on them in my opinion, so no. And having guys on visits does nothing, you can get every guy in the top 100 to visit, if none of them sign that doesn't matter, in recruiting if you aint first your last. I hope it all works out but I have my doubts there are a lot of P5 schools with 2 open scholarships on June 11th, maybe I am wrong but feels at this point like the team should be pretty set by now and not hoping a guy who averaged 5.3 points playing for Northwestern State at Cal Poly commits to us.
    You missed the point. You said Pitino is just "sitting on" the open scholarships. If he is still recruiting people, then clearly that isn't the case.

    By the way, our recruiting class ranks 4th in the Big Ten. If that's the worst job he's done, you must think extremely highly of him.

  4. #694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leib0039 View Post
    So it appears we are just going to sit on 2 scholarships then? Pitino has always done a poor job of roster management in my opinion but this might be up there with the worst jobs he has done.
    Recruiting is totally different than in the past, and many schools have had, and still have, open scholarships in the spring and summer. Just do a quick search and you can find Wisconsin, Kansas (just filled one with a grad transfer yesterday), Iowa, Iowa State, Indiana, Michigan...

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bracketville, MN
    Posts
    21,530
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Gophers interest in Tyler Scanlon, BU grad transfer

    6-7, 215 forward. BU stats linked.

    https://goterriers.com/documents/201...9_Combined.pdf


    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 06-11-2019 at 11:34 AM.

  6. #696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    6-7, 215 forward. BU stats linked.

    https://goterriers.com/documents/201...9_Combined.pdf


    Does Arkansas/Musselman reach out to every transfer? I think they're currently over on their scholarships which is why Moss had to decommit. I know that's off topic, but it's stunning to me to see them linked to so many transfers.

    I wonder if Pitino and company got word from the Ryan Wooldridge that he's not coming here? I don't believe he has taken any other visits at the moment, but it feels like he's off the grid.

  7. #697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    6-7, 215 forward. BU stats linked.

    https://goterriers.com/documents/201...9_Combined.pdf


    Yes please. Very good 3 point shooter.

  8. #698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    You missed the point. You said Pitino is just "sitting on" the open scholarships. If he is still recruiting people, then clearly that isn't the case.

    By the way, our recruiting class ranks 4th in the Big Ten. If that's the worst job he's done, you must think extremely highly of him.
    There are trolls and then there are posters that know absolutely nothing about reality. That posters is of the second variety, not worth your effort.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #699

    Default

    I am not trolling in the least. Clearly Pitino is trying to get someone here, I get that, so "sitting on" may have been the wrong way to phrase it. I guess I am just a little disappointed with the way the last few months have gone. I personally am not as high on the guys coming in and most everyone else is, that could be mainly due to past misses with guys from out of the country and every time I hear "developmental" players I just think of Gaston/Bakary who were both useless for four years. So hopefully I am wrong and Tre/Ihlen are studs, that would be great, but with 800+ transfers and a clear path to time at a big 10 school I was thinking we would have been able to pick up some legit talent. maybe this Scanlon is that guy, but I personally was hoping we would be in on guys like Hazzard and not trying to beat out GW/Richmond/Belmont for transfers.

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leib0039 View Post
    I am not trolling in the least. Clearly Pitino is trying to get someone here, I get that, so "sitting on" may have been the wrong way to phrase it. I guess I am just a little disappointed with the way the last few months have gone. I personally am not as high on the guys coming in and most everyone else is, that could be mainly due to past misses with guys from out of the country and every time I hear "developmental" players I just think of Gaston/Bakary who were both useless for four years. So hopefully I am wrong and Tre/Ihlen are studs, that would be great, but with 800+ transfers and a clear path to time at a big 10 school I was thinking we would have been able to pick up some legit talent. maybe this Scanlon is that guy, but I personally was hoping we would be in on guys like Hazzard and not trying to beat out GW/Richmond/Belmont for transfers.
    I get what you're saying but outside of power forward (where we signed Demir who is rated #33 overall and a top 10 PF) there wasn't solid time for someone until Amir didn't come back. Guards could've tried to come in and compete, but if you're looking at Gabe (starter all year) and Carr (anointed as the lead dog for the year) plus Amir playing a pseudo-guard position, there wasn't much for obvious time available. Now it looks like there's a florid amount of time to be had because he's not coming back, but it wasn't looking that way 2ish weeks ago when it was looking like Amir would be back

  11. #701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leib0039 View Post
    I am not trolling in the least. Clearly Pitino is trying to get someone here, I get that, so "sitting on" may have been the wrong way to phrase it. I guess I am just a little disappointed with the way the last few months have gone. I personally am not as high on the guys coming in and most everyone else is, that could be mainly due to past misses with guys from out of the country and every time I hear "developmental" players I just think of Gaston/Bakary who were both useless for four years. So hopefully I am wrong and Tre/Ihlen are studs, that would be great, but with 800+ transfers and a clear path to time at a big 10 school I was thinking we would have been able to pick up some legit talent. maybe this Scanlon is that guy, but I personally was hoping we would be in on guys like Hazzard and not trying to beat out GW/Richmond/Belmont for transfers.
    Assuming Ihnen isn't going to work out simply because Konate and Diedhiou didn't is equally as stupid as assuming Ihnen will be a future #1 pick because of how good Giannis is. Rankings aren't perfect, but it makes more sense to project him based on his ranking than it does the success of some other foreign player.

    Again, we have the 4th ranked recruiting class in the Big Ten and we will likely add at least 1 more player. You seem like the type who prefers to be upset though, so I'll just let you be perpetually disappointed.

  12. #702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    Assuming Ihnen isn't going to work out simply because Konate and Diedhiou didn't is equally as stupid as assuming Ihnen will be a future #1 pick because of how good Giannis is. Rankings aren't perfect, but it makes more sense to project him based on his ranking than it does the success of some other foreign player.

    Again, we have the 4th ranked recruiting class in the Big Ten and we will likely add at least 1 more player. You seem like the type who prefers to be upset though, so I'll just let you be perpetually disappointed.
    Correct!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #703

    Default

    Tick tock

  14. #704
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,497

    Default

    Been ignoring this forum a bit. Catching up now.

    Sounds like plenty of good players still available. I am really excited for our recruiting class and think its very high upside. We'll see how it turns out but I agree that assuming guys won't work out because other recruits haven't worked out? That is is very stupid.

    Hopefully Pitino gets a couple usable bodies in before the summer really ramps up and we can see what this team is. I don't expect a Final 4 but a .500 B1G record is reasonable, in my opinion.

  15. #705
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34,430
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    6-7, 215 forward. BU stats linked.

    https://goterriers.com/documents/201...9_Combined.pdf


    Sounds like a good get if we can pull it off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •