Spring recruits/transfers only thread.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dang, Jenkins would've been a nice pick-up.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dang, Jenkins would've been a nice pick-up.

Kind of annoyed me when I saw this list with regards to how the Gophers couldn't make that cut. Then I looked it up and Jenkins is from Tacoma, Washington. Outside of Memphis, all of his finalists take him back closer to home on the West Coast.

Kind of annoyed me when I saw this list with regards to how the Gophers couldn't make that cut. Then I looked it up and Jenkins is from Tacoma, Washington. Outside of Memphis, all of his finalists take him back closer to home on the West Coast.

What annoyed me is that South Dakota State is in his final 7....

BigTen starter? From Drexel? From the Colonial Athletic conference?

Yes. If a guy is able to average nearly 15 PPG and over 6 RPG at the division 1 level then I would absolutely expect them to be a P5 starter or starting caliber the next year regardless of what team or conference he is from.

And he's certainly had a lot of good programs reach out to him.

Yes. If a guy is able to average nearly 15 PPG and over 6 RPG at the division 1 level then I would absolutely expect them to be a P5 starter or starting caliber the next year regardless of what team or conference he is from.

And he's certainly had a lot of good programs reach out to him.

Lazy assumption. Brock Stull averaged 14 pts and 5 asts at Milwaukee. He was a Big Ten starter? I'm going you more credit than this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lazy assumption. Brock Stull averaged 14 pts and 5 asts at Milwaukee. He was a Big Ten starter? I'm going you more credit than this.

I would say Brock was a Big Ten caliber starter before he got out of shape last offseason, then was never the same player. I watched him play at Memphis when they had the Lawson brothers and Markel Crawford, Tubby's first year and he definitely looked like a P5 player. Springs averaged about 13 and 4 at Milwaukee as well and he turned out nicely.

I would say Brock was a Big Ten caliber starter before he got out of shape last offseason, then was never the same player. I watched him play at Memphis when they had the Lawson brothers and Markel Crawford, Tubby's first year and he definitely looked like a P5 player. Springs averaged about 13 and 4 at Milwaukee as well and he turned out nicely.

yeah something was off with Stull last year.................

wish he was a better three point shooter

Yeah, he did shoot over 36% his sophomore year and had 23 makes though. 27% with 20 makes this year.

Either way, he stretches the floor better than Murphy or Curry. Not a great shooter but someone you don't want to leave open either.

Yep. But you have Springs and Malik Smith who averaged about 13 a game and ended up being 9 PPG guys here.

Sometimes you have guys that have just as good if better of a season after grad transferring like Mikyle Mcntosh at Oregon and Karem Kanter at Xavier. It's an inexact science.

BigTen starter? From Drexel? From the Colonial Athletic conference?

Nate Sestina from Bucknell of the Patriot league just signed as a grad transfer to Kentucky. 15.8 pts and 8.5 boards per game. He is expected to start for Kentucky next year.

Nate Sestina from Bucknell of the Patriot league just signed as a grad transfer to Kentucky. 15.8 pts and 8.5 boards per game. He is expected to start for Kentucky next year.

Hey Tommy, now that Demir is visiting - is he one of the transfer names you heard a while back?

Nice player. The winning programs that lose kids have first choice. There will be a lot more known when some players make it known they are going into the draft over the next week.

Nice player. The winning programs that lose kids have first choice. There will be a lot more known when some players make it known they are going into the draft over the next week.

I don't recall Calipari having a significant grad transfer at KY before Reid Travis but I guess that experience showed him the wisdom of going that route. Typical, though; he's always recruited some of the best freshman and now he's recruited one of the most coveted grad transfers two years in a row.

You're right. We can't assume anything. However, PF is a hole in the roster right now since we don't know how well Curry will be able to perform next year. If we manage to get the Turk, between him, Curry, and Omersa, we should have at least sufficient bodies to handle that position by committee and Demir probably could play a little SF as well.

You're right. We can't assume anything. However, PF is a hole in the roster right now since we don't know how well Curry will be able to perform next year. If we manage to get the Turk, between him, Curry, and Omersa, we should have at least sufficient bodies to handle that position by committee and Demir probably could play a little SF as well.

I'd think at 6-9, 232, he'd be more likely to get minutes at the 5 than 3 if when he's not playing the 4.

I don't recall Calipari having a significant grad transfer at KY before Reid Travis but I guess that experience showed him the wisdom of going that route. Typical, though; he's always recruited some of the best freshman and now he's recruited one of the most coveted grad transfers two years in a row.

Shows that he can’t develop players. Needs to get the best freshman that already know how to play or a transfer that someone else has coached up.... (sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom