Spring recruits/transfers only thread.

Rumor is coming out that Hausers will be spliting with Sam going to UVA and Joey going to MSU, so wisconsin misses out on both hometown boys who grew up as Badger fans.
One of them has two to play one and the other four to play three? If true I guess it's not that shocking

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

One of them has two to play one and the other four to play three? If true I guess it's not that shocking

It should be pretty shocking since it was supposedly a done deal to wi last week. Wisconsin has 4 schollies available for 2019 still.

It should be pretty shocking since it was supposedly a done deal to wi last week. Wisconsin has 4 schollies available for 2019 still.
I was looking at it more from the little brothers point of view, his decision is more long term. Who knows, probably the brothers and their parents are the only ones who truly have any idea. Tough blow for Marquette

Rumor is coming out that Hausers will be spliting with Sam going to UVA and Joey going to MSU, so wisconsin misses out on both hometown boys who grew up as Badger fans.
Looks like you nailed it

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Officially...

Joey Hauser to Mich State

Sam Hauser to Virginia

Last edited:

It's pretty imperative now that the Gophers find an impact guy before the start of school. Hopefully someone shakes loose in the upcoming weeks that is looking for a chance to start on a B1G team.

2 spots to fill now that Coffey is rolling the dice on getting drafted. Lots of recruiting work to do.

2 spots to fill now that Coffey is rolling the dice on getting drafted. Lots of recruiting work to do.

Let it be known that I'm calling this right now- Mika Adams-Woods will commit here. Coffey was our starting PG last year and average like 35 mpg, hard not to lick your lips at all that playing time up for grabs.

So at least we have a silver-lining.

Let it be known that I'm calling this right now- Mika Adams-Woods will commit here. Coffey was our starting PG last year and average like 35 mpg, hard not to lick your lips at all that playing time up for grabs.

If he was waiting to see what Jarron Cumberland and Amir Coffey did in terms of NBA declaration, you would have to think so.

I don't know. When a guy goes out of his way to include "not committed" in his tweet after his official visit, that sounds like a guy hoping/looking for other options. I'm not quite as hopeful as you. Admittedly, I'm reading quite a bit into a singular tweet.

I feel he only added the "not committed" part to that tweet due to the picture of him in a gopher uniform and didn't want to mislead, fingers crossed at least.

Couldn't cross them hard enough I guess, disappointing even though his offer sheet wasn't terribly impressive and was probably just going to fill backup point minutes for at least 2 seasons. Would have been nice for depth at least.

Im really trying to stay positive about next year but yikes its been a really poor last few months for the program. Hit a nice little high against L'Ville and then Murphy injury, recruiting misses, coffey gone and now we cant even fill 2 scholarships with spring guys. Trying to hold out hope for a late surprise!

Im really trying to stay positive about next year but yikes its been a really poor last few months for the program. Hit a nice little high against L'Ville and then Murphy injury, recruiting misses, coffey gone and now we cant even fill 2 scholarships with spring guys. Trying to hold out hope for a late surprise!

What? We got Demir and Ihnen in the past two months, two really nice pickups and we have a top 25 to top 40 class. In addition we have a Coffey that is going pro and if he makes it, that's a Gopher in the NBA, now or in the future. The reality of college ball is that the better players are not going to stay 4 years anymore. I hope we get more of them.

Admittedly, Adams-Woods going to Cincy sucks. I thought he was holding out for the Coffey decision :( At least we can keep the scholie for the 2020 recruiting class. How many scholarships do we have available for next year as of right now?

What? We got Demir and Ihnen in the past two months, two really nice pickups and we have a top 25 to top 40 class. In addition we have a Coffey that is going pro and if he makes it, that's a Gopher in the NBA, now or in the future. The reality of college ball is that the better players are not going to stay 4 years anymore. I hope we get more of them.

Still it's not ideal to have to sit on two scholarships. One OK. But starting with 11 guys is always risky.

Yea, we really need to find another passable guard from somewhere to fill one of our open spots (ideally a grad transfer). Giving the 13th spot to Rudrud for the season wouldn't be the end of the world, but going with 11 true scholarship players would be incredibly risky.

Couldn't cross them hard enough I guess, disappointing even though his offer sheet wasn't terribly impressive and was probably just going to fill backup point minutes for at least 2 seasons. Would have been nice for depth at least.
It won't help for next year but sounds like the Long kid in 2020 is high on us if he's taking a second official here

Admittedly, Adams-Woods going to Cincy sucks. I thought he was holding out for the Coffey decision :( At least we can keep the scholie for the 2020 recruiting class. How many scholarships do we have available for next year as of right now?
Four for 2020

Yea, we really need to find another passable guard from somewhere to fill one of our open spots (ideally a grad transfer). Giving the 13th spot to Rudrud for the season wouldn't be the end of the world, but going with 11 true scholarship players would be incredibly risky.

I don't know that it is really that risky. This year we had 11 filled and 2 sit out transfers. Basically the same number we would have under the current scenario. The 12th and 13th scholarship players don't see the court much. Obviously, I'd still like to fill them -- preferably with a grad transfer or two as there is so little risk involved. Even a sit-out transfer or two. No reaches on four year players at this point.

I don't know that it is really that risky. This year we had 11 filled and 2 sit out transfers. Basically the same number we would have under the current scenario. The 12th and 13th scholarship players don't see the court much. Obviously, I'd still like to fill them -- preferably with a grad transfer or two as there is so little risk involved. Even a sit-out transfer or two. No reaches on four year players at this point.

You beat me to the point on the amount of scholarship players available last season.

I always thought Rudrud should be rewarded for his hard work for 3 years with a scholarship this year. Now that Coffey's is available, make it so.

Go after a good grad transfer with the other

You beat me to the point on the amount of scholarship players available last season.

I always thought Rudrud should be rewarded for his hard work for 3 years with a scholarship this year. Now that Coffey's is available, make it so.

Go after a good grad transfer with the other

I have nothing against Rudrud but if we can get value with both scholies then we should absolutely do it. I'd say Rudrud gets a scholarship about 90% of the time in this situation though.

That is a good point. The counter would be that of our 11 players this season, there is a decent number of them who could be considered projects and unlikely to be immediate contributors (Freeman for sure, possibly Williams, Ihnen is certainly a huge question mark, Jarvis still an unknown, etc). Last season we figured to have pretty good depth throughout the 11, with only Jarvis as an obvious project (incorrectly as it turned out, as Washington, Stull, and Hurt were huge disappointments).

Last edited:

The counter would be that of our 11 players this season, there is a decent number of them who could be considered projects and unlikely to be immediate contributors

Yes. I think that should be the presumption until we know otherwise.

Top Bottom