Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Good interview with Demir on Doogie's podcast. Starts at about 2 minutes.

https://www.skornorth.com/the-scoop-...-notes-ep-224/

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Good interview with Demir on Doogie's podcast. Starts at about 2 minutes.

https://www.skornorth.com/the-scoop-...-notes-ep-224/
    Wonder if he's waiting on Amir's decision before committing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    Wonder if he's waiting on Amir's decision before committing
    It kinda sounded like it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Since Demir can step out and be effective from 3, he could be a HUGE difference maker here. By only having Oturu in the lane on offense the defense would be stretched to defend and this would open up opportunities all over the floor for drives and kick-outs to the perimeter. Of course this is all contingent on making our shots at a better clip than last year.

I really hope we get him.
    He was 27.4% from 3 this past season on 73 attempts. So he hoisted up a couple 3's per game but is that effective? Some coaches might choose to double the post off him, leave him open for a reason. So, I agree we need a big but I don't think he's a savior.

Does demir want to play with Coffey or he wants coffeys minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Demir wants to play.
    Who hates iowa?

Blog Entries

With

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    He was 27.4% from 3 this past season on 73 attempts. So he hoisted up a couple 3's per game but is that effective? Some coaches might choose to double the post off him, leave him open for a reason. So, I agree we need a big but I don't think he's a savior.
    He did shoot 36.5% as a sophomore though and had more makes on fewer attempts. Hopefully we get something closer to that if he comes here. Either way, he is more of a threat from 3 than Murphy, Curry or Omersa.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    He did shoot 36.5% as a sophomore though and had more makes on fewer attempts. Hopefully we get something closer to that if he comes here. Either way, he is more of a threat from 3 than Murphy, Curry or Omersa.
    Yeah, I'm guessing the staff feels he'll shoot better this year. I haven't watched any clips..

And he is a big threat upgrade from three compared to Murphy, Curry or Omersa. No doubt.

I'm hopeful he is eventually a Gopher, but if we could discover someone better that'd be cooler.

I think Ihnen is a guard...so my take is we traded Sherfield for Ihnen and I think it's a win. I'm guessing we wanted both but ....

I'd like Juiston to magically decide to be a Gopher, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    This is a skill we've really been lacking, and one I'd personally love to see.
    This was the good laugh I needed tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the interview Drexel is hoping that Amir returns. He thinks the U should be a top 25 school to start the season with both of them on the team.

Maybe Demir and Amir can play their senior year at the U and then team up again together in Turkey afterwards.

per Sid:

• Give Gophers head basketball coach Richard Pitino credit as he now has the fifth-best recruiting class in the Big Ten, according to 247 Sports, after signing Isaiah Ihnen out of Germany. The Gophers still have a shot at Myron Gardner, a 6-6 small forward out of Detroit who has offers from Cincinnati, Xavier and Georgetown.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-l...int/509170382/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Isaiah Ihnen, the 6-9 German prep rated No. 89 by 247Sports, becomes the top recruit in Gophers coach Richard Pitino’s 2019 class that includes four-star guard Tre Williams from Dallas.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/2...ings-numbered/

Go Gophers!!