And, they say MN doesn't sell bowl tickets

Shouldn't there be two zeroes on each? Maybe not, it is Boise and less desirable than anywhere but Detroit.

I know Kansas fans haven't been buying up the tickets through the University, thus the numbers maybe a little low on our end. Word is Jayhawk fans are buying from other sources. Buying through the Williams Fund at KU and having a ton of points doesn't equate to good seats... which folks found out last year at the Orange Bowl. Paying a little extra and getting prime seats can be had from other sources other then through KU.

I know Kansas fans haven't been buying up the tickets through the University, thus the numbers maybe a little low on our end. Word is Jayhawk fans are buying from other sources. Buying through the Williams Fund at KU and having a ton of points doesn't equate to good seats... which folks found out last year at the Orange Bowl. Paying a little extra and getting prime seats can be had from other sources other then through KU.

All probably true. I would guess though, that BCS Bowl Games save a LOT more good seats for advertisers, locals etc. then the Insight Bowl would.

I know it's Boise, but wow, 16 and 8 tickets each? WOW....

Humanitarian Bowl

There are times in the past when bowls are created to help give
a lift to a local team that often gets overlooked. I have a sense
that the H-Bowl might have been devised with that in mind. Consider
it mission accomplished, however, as Boise State has its own
identity and no longer needs help to find a bowl game. Without BSU,
I wonder just how long the "Bluester Game" is gonna survive.

I remember when the Garden State Bowl was formed in the 1970's
for essentially that same purpose. Throughout that decade Boston
College had been putting up winning seasons between 6-5 and 9-2
with nary a sniff from bowls. Rutgers went 11-0 in 1976 and they
only got one invite, to the Independence Bowl, which they turned
down. Then, Colgate went 10-1 in 1977 and went uninvited after
playing largely an Ivy League-level schedule.

Enter 1978 and the GSB was formed. They invited an 8-3 Rutgers
team to play Arizona State (9-3). Rutgers was still playing Ivies
and others, but gave a good showing against the heavily-favored
Sun Devils. The next year Temple beat Cal, and I believe Navy took
the bid the next year. Anyways, once it no longer suited its
original purpose, they started inviting teams from anywhere,
and it generally got lost in the shuffle and eventually ended.

As BSU continues to be attracted by higher-profile bowls, the H-Bowl
runs the risk of following in the GSB's footsteps.

AND THAT'S THE TRUTH

This year might be the worst year for Gopher Ticket Sales at a Bowl Game, if so, don't complain next year when Iowa or Wisconsin jump ahead of us again. Even when we beat them both, we just don't have traveling fans, other than parents.

As Lily Tomlan (Edith Ann, the little kid) on Laugh always said " and that's the truth" pblllllllllsssssssss.

Watching the vikings game, it looked like there were a lot of MN fans in AZ. Hopefully, that translates over to the gophs as well since we will need it.

With the economy the way it is, I would imagine Bowl ticket sales and travel will be down across the board. I doubt that the bowls will take that into account, so we're probably going to come out of this looking pretty bad from a traveling standpoint.

With this being a bowl we've been to before and at the same level as we're used to, I don't see the casual fan spending all that money to get down there to see them play.

This year might be the worst year for Gopher Ticket Sales at a Bowl Game, if so, don't complain next year when Iowa or Wisconsin jump ahead of us again. Even when we beat them both, we just don't have traveling fans, other than parents.

If the Gopher fans that were in the stadium in 2006 had all bought their tickets from the U, the "they don't travel" argument would be pretty weak. It was an impressive crowd. Getting better seats was just too important for most of them.

pinkmartini....anybody who quotes Lily Tomlin I take with a grain of salt. The Gopher's will have 10-15 thou there because of the snow birds

Gophers draw well in Arizona and would in California, too - retirees and transplants. Sales from our end are not the final word.

Boise is warmer

than Detroit or Minnneapolis, probably 50 or better at game time and no snow. Plus the likelihood of being murdered on the way to the stadium is much lower unless you cross the police who blow 30 holes in you between breaths. Really no bad seats, no wind but no great seats that you should pay extra for. Also a very nice and clean city but very little night life or partyting.

Top Bottom