All things preseason QB spat 2019 (with video highlights)

I agree 100%. What I really like about him is that he steps into every throw. I like our current guys just find, but they both throw way too many balls off their back foot. Drives me crazy!

at the practice I attended, I thought he looked better than Clark. He's really poised for a high school kid, and he throws a really pretty ball, and is maybe the best on the roster at throwing on the move.

I LOVE that Kramer is going to be pushing all these guys to do their best. I think he is pretty slept on, but man he delivers a very accurate ball.

Last edited:

I LOVE that Kramer is going to be pushing all these guys to do their best. I think he is pretty slept on, but man he delivers a very accurate ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like we're on a small winning streak with Eden Prairie kids.

Cashman and Coughlin have been outstanding in maroon and gold.

ZA's got a real nice touch and deadly accurate on the short passes. It's the longer passes that seem to be difficult for him. I'm hoping with our WR depth, and stout OL that he gets a chance to throw further down-field. Last year, he got that chance a few times with very limited success.

ZA has a very compact motion and it comes out fast on the short to intermediate throws. In the first open practice both ZA and TM looked as good as they were at the end of Fall practices last year so I bet they both improve noticeably on their down field throws compared to last year.

When is the last time Gopher fans even had anything close to a shot at arguing over who should start at QB? I LOVE this. Honestly, it’s been so many years of discussing “why is it that the University of Minnesota can’t get a better QB than schools like UCF or Middle Tennessee State?”. There’ve been years where I watch these crap schools that are missing every piece except QB, and then there’s us. We get solid players at all positions except QB. I feel like those days are finally behind us.

at the practice I attended, I thought he looked better than Clark. He's really poised for a high school kid, and he throws a really pretty ball, and is maybe the best on the roster at throwing on the move.

Which open practice was that, first or second?

Last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like every year. The same people who said that Kill was crazy for not starting Croft over Leidner thought that Claeys had a big advantage with Leidner at QB instead of the Croft that PJ inherited.

I agree 100%. What I really like about him is that he steps into every throw. I like our current guys just find, but they both throw way too many balls off their back foot. Drives me crazy!

posted on 03/09/2019

I personally feel the real competition is going to be for the back-up position. Many of you are leaving out the name C. Kramer who is a pretty darn good athlete who brings a little more to the table athletically than the others. I don't know if a lot of you have seen him play personally other than on tape but he is an exceptional player. I feel all the candidates are going to do well and I am excited to see how this is going to turnout. I felt the opportunity for the QB to run a little more last year presented itself in certain games and in the RPO system having a QB that can do it in the right spots helps open the running game a little more.

Last edited by Kit Johnson; 03-09-2019 at 02:32 PM. Reason: to stay on the subject matter of QB's

Seems like every year. The same people who said that Kill was crazy for not starting Croft over Leidner thought that Claeys had a big advantage with Leidner at QB instead of the Croft that PJ inherited.

Yeah I think we argue this every year. Even the years when the starter was a carryover. Even when a freshman just posted the highest passer rating in school history. The idea of the next guy is a powerful thing, and Minnesota hasn't been the Cradle of Quarterbacks.

posted on 03/09/2019

I personally feel the real competition is going to be for the back-up position. Many of you are leaving out the name C. Kramer who is a pretty darn good athlete who brings a little more to the table athletically than the others. I don't know if a lot of you have seen him play personally other than on tape but he is an exceptional player. I feel all the candidates are going to do well and I am excited to see how this is going to turnout. I felt the opportunity for the QB to run a little more last year presented itself in certain games and in the RPO system having a QB that can do it in the right spots helps open the running game a little more.

Last edited by Kit Johnson; 03-09-2019 at 02:32 PM. Reason: to stay on the subject matter of QB's

The RPO doesn't call for designed QB runs very frequently, if at all.

The RPO doesn't call for designed QB runs very frequently, if at all.

Wonder if he has it confused for the read option. I will agree with Kit though that there certainly seemed like a lot of opportunities were available for Morgan to run it if he was given the freedom to do it.

Top Bottom