A pair of 2021 commitments

Surprised we haven't seen the "who cares? they might never play here" comment yet.

I'm kind of there, because by then we will have won the west, won the Big 10, and played in the college playoff.

Are they still good enough is my question!:cool:

Big time!

I think the QB Athan will be either a high 3 or low 4 star guy, similar to what Clark was rated. The WR Dino, I'm not quite as high on but if it means we get his brother, I'll definitely take him (not saying he is bad though)

I actually like Athan better than some of the 2020 QB's that have visited like Will Howard despite being a year younger.

He has about the same number of P5 offers that Clark ended with...and he's still a sophomore. I think he'll be rated well above Clark. And his brother has 5 offers...two P5 offers and he's only a sophomore. I suggest that he too will be ranked well and we will be very thankful for the both of them.

Great news! I don't really care if the Gophers sign a QB in the 2020 class. The Gophers told Athan and J.J. McCarthy that the want a QB who will be "legendary". It would be great if Athan can be that QB. Also, Sam Jackson made 50 receptions as a WR last year, and he will switch to QB next season.

He has about the same number of P5 offers that Clark ended with...and he's still a sophomore. I think he'll be rated well above Clark. And his brother has 5 offers...two P5 offers and he's only a sophomore. I suggest that he too will be ranked well and we will be very thankful for the both of them.

Clark is definitely better than his offer list indicates though. If he wasn't committed and other programs still needed QB's after his senior season, he likely would have had some very good offers.

Clark is definitely better than his offer list indicates though. If he wasn't committed and other programs still needed QB's after his senior season, he likely would have had some very good offers.
And he has lots of arm talent.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I love that we are getting more quality QB prospects. QB is such a difficult position to predict success so the more the merrier.

I love that we are getting more quality QB prospects. QB is such a difficult position to predict success so the more the merrier.

There is a lot to like about the Gophers rising talent - a behemoth O-Line, WRs & RBs that can make some noise in the B1G. It certainly got Athan Kaliakmanis' attention!

this thread is going to be brutal.

i'm calling it now: 3 temporary bans, 2 poorly thought out bets, 4 decommit scares, 6 episodes of trolling, and over 1,000,000 views.

i'm calling it now: 3 temporary bans, 2 poorly thought out bets, 4 decommit scares, 6 episodes of trolling, and over 1,000,000 views.
Only 4 decommit scares? Probably more like 40

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Wish I could pronounce their last name. Some day soon we will all know....

I don’t know, it’s threads like these that scare the shiite out of the nay-sayers. Maybe they’re too scared to post...

Fleck now has 2 more recruits in his 2021 class than Pitino has in his 2019 class.

Well, give PJ time and he will get that about 10% full class up to Pitino's 25% full class...

These two are not twins, nor are they related.

It was kind of a running joke when they were here. I believe it was Sid who was describing the two, and called them either the Hollins brothers, or the Hollins twins. A couple other media members brought it up throughout their careers here as a running joke.

Andre and Austin Hollins?

giphy.gif

Pretty impressive interview. Doesn't sound like a HS sophomore

https://247sports.com/college/minne...n-Kaliakmanis-commits-to-Minnesota-130609284/

The culture that Coach Fleck is building in Minnesota is not just about one player. It is bigger than that. I learned an expression the team uses that really stuck out. Your Body is our body, or we are nobody. That is what builds championships. On Tuesday night, my family and I sat with Coach Fleck. We had an amazing conversation and I felt like it was the right time to commit. This program is heading in an elite direction, and I want to be a part of that. I will say, it will be a memory I will never forget when coach Fleck heard the news. He was very excited! His energy level is no secret and he received two commitments. Visualize that!"

"I'm 100% committed to Minnesota. I decided to commit so early to get a head start on winning a Big 10 Championship and making a serious run for a National Title. Building takes a little time so when you take that into account, I don't think I am early. I can now focus on bringing Antioch its first State Championship, continue to develop, and get ready for the next level. I also absolutely want to help Minnesota recruit. I am hoping that elite players on both sides of the ball will say, that Illinois quarterback would have gotten 20 or more offers, and he committed as a sophomore, so he already had an impressive list of schools that offered. I need to check out Minnesota. They must have something going on that is really special up there. This program can truly be a legacy builder for a lot of athletes and coaches. How awesome is that?"

Pretty impressive interview. Doesn't sound like a HS sophomore

https://247sports.com/college/minne...n-Kaliakmanis-commits-to-Minnesota-130609284/

The culture that Coach Fleck is building in Minnesota is not just about one player. It is bigger than that. I learned an expression the team uses that really stuck out. Your Body is our body, or we are nobody. That is what builds championships. On Tuesday night, my family and I sat with Coach Fleck. We had an amazing conversation and I felt like it was the right time to commit. This program is heading in an elite direction, and I want to be a part of that. I will say, it will be a memory I will never forget when coach Fleck heard the news. He was very excited! His energy level is no secret and he received two commitments. Visualize that!"

"I'm 100% committed to Minnesota. I decided to commit so early to get a head start on winning a Big 10 Championship and making a serious run for a National Title. Building takes a little time so when you take that into account, I don't think I am early. I can now focus on bringing Antioch its first State Championship, continue to develop, and get ready for the next level. I also absolutely want to help Minnesota recruit. I am hoping that elite players on both sides of the ball will say, that Illinois quarterback would have gotten 20 or more offers, and he committed as a sophomore, so he already had an impressive list of schools that offered. I need to check out Minnesota. They must have something going on that is really special up there. This program can truly be a legacy builder for a lot of athletes and coaches. How awesome is that?"

Very solid interview.

Lake County News-Sun: ‘We’ve always dreamed about it’: Antioch’s Athan and Dino Kaliakmanis verbally commit to Minnesota

Antioch’s Athan and Dino Kaliakmanis always envisioned wearing the same college jersey.

“Since we were 5 years old playing football in the streets, we knew we wanted to play together,” Athan Kaliakmanis said.

The sophomore twins lined up that opportunity Wednesday after both verbally committed to Minnesota.

“It’s really amazing,” Dino Kaliakmanis said. “We always talked about it. We’ve always dreamed about it. It’s a really cool feeling.”

Athan is the quarterback and Dino is a receiver at Antioch.

“I’m happy when the kids are happy,” Antioch coach Brian Glashagel said. “I think it’s a great fit and that’s all you wish for your athletes. You just want them to find a place that they can grow after high school. Not just as an athlete, but as a person. It’s great.”

Dino said Minnesota “just felt right.” Athan said Minnesota “felt like home.”

“I had a great bond with coach (P.J.) Fleck, he’s a great guy,” Athan said. “We have the same personality. Coach (Kirk) Ciarrocca, the quarterbacks coach (and offensive coordinator), is a great guy. I like the way he coaches. Minnesota was a beautiful campus. I loved the city.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...ioch-minnesota-kaliakmanis-st-0401-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom