A pair of 2021 commitments

There's already some buzz amongst Gopher insiders that Athan is going to be amongst the best QB prospects in the Midwest for 2021. Certainly has the offers to back up that assertion.

Big time!

I think the QB Athan will be either a high 3 or low 4 star guy, similar to what Clark was rated. The WR Dino, I'm not quite as high on but if it means we get his brother, I'll definitely take him (not saying he is bad though)

I actually like Athan better than some of the 2020 QB's that have visited like Will Howard despite being a year younger.

Nice way to jump into the football board today.

KDQ5OZ2.gif

I sure like coaches that aren't afraid to recruit ahead as opposed to the other regime's we've had where they didn't offer kids until the summer before their senior year.

Athan Kaliakmanis offers:

Minnesota
Central Michigan
Florida Atlantic
Iowa
Iowa State
Northern Illinois
Syracuse
Tennessee
Virginia Tech

Dino Kaliakmanis offers:
Minnesota
Florida Atlantic
Kansas
Northern Illinois
Toledo

Fleck now has 2 more recruits in his 2021 class than Pitino has in his 2019 class.

Awesome news! I like getting the QB locked up early since they're typically looked at as the leader of the team (rightfully or wrongly).

Awesome! Welcome aboard!

Great news.

I'll contain my really high level or projected excitement until signing day in December of 2020.

I sure like coaches that aren't afraid to recruit ahead as opposed to the other regime's we've had where they didn't offer kids until the summer before their senior year.

Every Gophers regime has offered kids well in advance of the summer before their senior year.

There's already some buzz amongst Gopher insiders that Athan is going to be amongst the best QB prospects in the Midwest for 2021. Certainly has the offers to back up that assertion.

It's exciting to see the Gophers looking down the line to the future and keeping their names out there. 6'4" and 6'2" as sophomores and they are likely still growing. Would surprise me none to see a 6'6" QB standing back there but it might turn his brother into a TE, possession type guy.

Either way I think it's exciting as heck.

Every Gophers regime has offered kids well in advance of the summer before their senior year.

I don’t recall past regimes getting commitments this early from out of state kids though.

Which one is younger? Dino? How old is he right now? 15? Or is Athan old for his class?

Awesome! Welcome gentlemen to Gopher Country!

Great early gets.

Just curious - how many pairs of twins have played for the Gophers? Up to last season, we had Jacob and Julian Huff.

Surprised we haven't seen the "who cares? they might never play here" comment yet.

Top Bottom