Gopher Football ad on TV

GOFUR

Section 238 - Row 4
Reaction score
Watching channel 9 here in the TC's last night around 9:58 and was pleasantly surprised to see 30 second add for Gopher Football. One of the more solid ads that I have seen. Anyone else seen it yet?

Until they dump the scholarship surcharges, they are wasting their time and money to get new people back in.

I haven't seen them, but I look forward to it.

They need to bring back this one:

Until they dump the scholarship surcharges, they are wasting their time and money to get new people back in.

How can you get new people back in? They were never in, if they are new.

I haven't seen them, but I look forward to it.

They need to bring back this one:

If nothing else they should play it on the big screen at the stadium during the games just for entertainment purposes. Or while the other team is kicking a field goal.

Last edited:

Haha! I've never seen this one but it's great!

A 2019 remake of this would be an amazing project for our talented AV department. Sell me some donation seats by showing Faalele sitting on a helmet in the grass.

How can you get new people back in? They were never in, if they are new.

Aren't many past season ticket holders not renewing due to the surcharge? I know of a few. I'm sure you folks do too.

That ain't no gopher in those old commercials! It's a prairie dog, right? When I think of gophers in MN I think of either the pocket gopher or the striped gopher. I trapped many of those in my youth.

pocketgopher.JPG stripedgopher.JPG

We pay a surcharge now!!!!!!! I thought I was paying for a seat and then a mandatory scholarship donation. By the way, since it is not tax deductible, why not just add it to the price? Is it a legal thing?

I remember those commercials! At my age it is exciting to remember something only 20 years ago.

I know, it get's worse.

Aren't many past season ticket holders not renewing due to the surcharge? I know of a few. I'm sure you folks do too.

Initially yes, but they have frozen the required donation level the past couple years. Not sure why people who paid it last year would be unwilling to pay the same amount this year unless personal circumstances have changed. Our group is adding two seats this year.

Initially yes, but they have frozen the required donation level the past couple years. Not sure why people who paid it last year would be unwilling to pay the same amount this year unless personal circumstances have changed. Our group is adding two seats this year.

Yeah last year was way way more of a question mark.

This year, lots of reason to hope.

Not that I think that drives sales, but anyone paying last year... prob shouldn't worry this year.

By the way, since it is not tax deductible, why not just add it to the price? Is it a legal thing?

Big Ten universities have a revenue sharing agreement so that a portion of the ticket revenue is pooled and redistributed. Not sure what the current figures are, but at one point this was capped at $1M per home football game. Donations are not considered part of ticket revenues and therefore not subject to the sharing agreement. I am sure there is also some hope that the favorable tax treatment might return, making the donations a more tolerable characterization.

Big Ten universities have a revenue sharing agreement so that a portion of the ticket revenue is pooled and redistributed. Not sure what the current figures are, but at one point this was capped at $1M per home football game. Donations are not considered part of ticket revenues and therefore not subject to the sharing agreement. I am sure there is also some hope that the favorable tax treatment might return, making the donations a more tolerable characterization.

I looked at Neb's ticket prices, similar layout as far as couple hundred for most seats + donation.

I'm assuming it is that way everywhere.

H65npNp.png

Top Bottom