GH Podcast: Interview with Celia Murphy - the Mother of Gopher Legend, Jordan!

GopherLady

Reaction score
I saw down at length with Jordan Murphy's Mom, Celia Murphy. This was one of my favorite interviews I've ever done - although Jordan's Dad, Bernard was there, he didn't want to join the podcast. We can thank him for teaching Jordan how to rebound, and them both for raising him to be so humble and mild mannered.

She talks about everything from him growing up and being the biggest kid, so they talk him to be a gentle giant, so he'd never hurt anyone...to getting recruited by Shaka Smart, to Ben Johnson landing him, his years a Gopher, how much the "Low Motor Murph" stuff bug her, the very emotional good-bye, and everything in between. I loved her stories, I hope you do too.

<iframe src="https://www.podcastone.com/episodewidget?episodeID=8e4c7fd8-0d56-48fe-ae5d-cc033723ab3a&logo=true" width="100%" height="70" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Great mom. Great interview. Thanks, Nadine. Can you arrange a meeting between her and Brad Davison? That would be interesting.

Great mom. Great interview. Thanks, Nadine. Can you arrange a meeting between her and Brad Davison? That would be interesting.

Bahahaha!!! I love that she honestly didn't even know who he was, or his reputation...she's just like - why would you do that and possibly injure someone? I had to show her the pic of the Nate Mason trip, and his bruised leg.

She is! I love how she doesn't really take credit for the way Jordan turned out...ummmm, that's AMAZING parenting.

That’s interesting. My folks would never take credit for the way I turned out either. :confused:

I saw down at length with Jordan Murphy's Mom, Celia Murphy. This was one of my favorite interviews I've ever done - although Jordan's Dad, Bernard was there, he didn't want to join the podcast. We can thank him for teaching Jordan how to rebound, and them both for raising him to be so humble and mild mannered.

She talks about everything from him growing up and being the biggest kid, so they talk him to be a gentle giant, so he'd never hurt anyone...to getting recruited by Shaka Smart, to Ben Johnson landing him, his years a Gopher, how much the "Low Motor Murph" stuff bug her, the very emotional good-bye, and everything in between. I loved her stories, I hope you do too.

<iframe src="https://www.podcastone.com/episodewidget?episodeID=8e4c7fd8-0d56-48fe-ae5d-cc033723ab3a&logo=true" width="100%" height="70" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
So link didn't work for me on my phone, but I eventually found it on podcastone. Here's the link I have from my phone, in case others couldn't get the original to work.

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/...terview-with-Jordan-Murphys-Mom-Celia-Murphy-

Fantastic interview, Nadine.

Great interview as well, nice to learn so much about Jordan, one class act and one great set of parents! I sure would like to meet him someday-I live a ways away. But if anyone would set such a thing a thing up , a Murphy night at some public venue, I’d take the time to come and meet him.

Finally had a chance to listen to the interview. Great job, Nadine. It was a great listen.

Awesome. I'll be following Jordan's career post Gophers. Me and some buddies were talking about it this past weekend. He'd be an awesome SF project for some team. You KNOW he can bang down low.....develop an outside shot.....J Murph is a player to be reckoned with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fantastic interview, Nadine.

Thank you!

Great interview as well, nice to learn so much about Jordan, one class act and one great set of parents! I sure would like to meet him someday-I live a ways away. But if anyone would set such a thing a thing up , a Murphy night at some public venue, I’d take the time to come and meet him.

That would be really cool - he loves meeting fans!

Finally had a chance to listen to the interview. Great job, Nadine. It was a great listen.

Thanks, appreciate it!

Awesome. I'll be following Jordan's career post Gophers. Me and some buddies were talking about it this past weekend. He'd be an awesome SF project for some team. You KNOW he can bang down low.....develop an outside shot.....J Murph is a player to be reckoned with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agreed, if he could develop that, he'd be unstoppable. He's already proved that he can play much bigger than he is, and it's not like he hasn't handle guys much taller.

Top Bottom