Omersa

Needs to develop an offensive game....but holy smokes....he has the looks of an all-defensive player early on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Needs to develop an offensive game....but holy smokes....he has the looks of an all-defensive player early on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

need the glue guys. Only so much basketball to go around.

Although, to your point, still need him to be somewhat of an offensive threat to keep teams honest.

The exciting thing about his D game is he looks comfortable down low and out on the perimeter. I think Coach Pitino has to be excited about his potential.

He will be better than Rodney and I don't diminish Rodney with that statement.

I think he will be a better PF than Rodney was before he is done, better basketball player probably not, Rodney skills were better but he was playing out of position at PF.

I think he will be a better PF than Rodney was before he is done, better basketball player probably not, Rodney skills were better but he was playing out of position at PF.

My memory serves me differently. I thought Rodney flurished playing undersized PF and was not good at the 3/on the perimenter.

he needs to learn how to shoot FT's...he will get fouled plenty if he gets decent minutes

My memory serves me differently. I thought Rodney flurished playing undersized PF and was not good at the 3/on the perimenter.

That's what I remember about Rodney too. He never really became a consistent outside shooter.

Omersa is no where near as talented as Rodney was as a freshman.

He has a ways to go.

If Omersa is a starter, Pitino will have struck out this spring and Curry will have continued to be physically limited. We need an impact player added at that position or it will be by committee.

That is how it will be unless something dramatic happens.

He never flourished at anything except dunks but he did do better at PF than SF.

the difference between Rodney at the 2 positions are:

SF
- often looked lost in the offense
- Struggled at finding shots
- unable to determine what to take when it was given and when to force the action

PF
- More likely to impose his will on the offensive end.
- Looked way more comfortable

I really liked the lineup with MbAwkwe at center and Rodney at PF.

Other than they both are great leapers and cannot shoot from outside, I don't see a ton of similarities. Omersa is built closer to Mbakwe than Rodney. Omersa has about 30lbs on Freshmen Rodney.

Rodney was a phenomenal athlete! Would have been nice to see him with Pitino.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, but other than dunking, he had no game really. Hence, he never sniffed the NBA.

You guys are being pretty hard on Rodney.

I'd take freshman Rodney on this team in a New York second!!

Well, actually my criticism is more pointed at GH'ers who back then were wringing their hands and fretting about when Rodney was going to jump ship for the NBA. Was it going to be after his sophomore or junior year?! Too funny!

Rodney was a solid starter his junior and senior seasons, go back and check his numbers.

But he was MUCH more effective once we moved him to the 4.

Well, actually my criticism is more pointed at GH'ers who back then were wringing their hands and fretting about when Rodney was going to jump ship for the NBA. Was it going to be after his sophomore or junior year?! Too funny!

Not an unrealistic fear at the time. He was regularly shown as a lower half first round prospect on some draft boards during the early part of his career here. Unfortunately for him, staying in college as long as he did exposed his weaknesses.

Some people blamed Tubby for not developing him more. He really didn't look much different as a senior than he did as a freshman.

Some people blamed Tubby for not developing him more. He really didn't look much different as a senior than he did as a freshman.

One thing I will say about Pitino over Tubby. Players with Tubby never improved. Just name one player during Coach Smith time who actually got better.

You guys are being pretty hard on Rodney.

I'd take freshman Rodney on this team in a New York second!!

I agree and I think he would develop into a better player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing I will say about Pitino over Tubby. Players with Tubby never improved. Just name one player during Coach Smith time who actually got better.

Amen. Ralph Sampson and Colton Iverson come to mind as players that never developed under Tubby.

Amen. Ralph Sampson and Colton Iverson come to mind as players that never developed under Tubby.

Damien Johnson was probably Tubby's best development project.

Top Bottom