Will Richard Pitino bolt the Gophers to go to Alabama

IF Pitino leaves - where is he most likely to land?

• Alabama

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Texas A&M

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNLV

• Vanderbilt

• Washington State

• HE'S NEVER LEAVING!

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Some Yet Unknown college

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta love agents and dear old dad! Lol.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Yes sir. Some do their bidding behind the scenes and others love attention. Sr. wants that UCLA job so badly but regents and admins want no part of that. UNLV would be just right. Most agents shamelessly push their clients name to try and create demand momentum. Usually there is very little truth behind it.

Avery Johnson just got shown the door at Alabama had a very similar record to Richard Pitino, though did not have any 2 or 4 win SEC seasons.

Great recruiter...not at UofM..u cannot make this up

Way to lighten up the day, but Pitino isn't going anywhere. He likes it here, things are starting to turn and there is no way he gets fired.

This. I wish this site had a way to up-vote posts. The majority of posts on this board are simply not worth a serious assessment.

Great recruiter...not at UofM..u cannot make this up

To land a recruit like Jelly, says something about Pitino. He got in the ring with all the other big dogs and came out with his guy! Inner NYC is a meat grinder of a place to get talent. Richard has found two starter quality players from there. Give him credit.

You had him at Alabama in 2017 just a handful of posts ago. Now it was Ohio State? You're all over the freaking place. But keep talking. It's great entertainment...

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Im not saying he was going to OSU. They don't have a vacancy, but if they did I'm sure he would be on their long list too. My point was, Richard was given serious consideration by many teams over his years here, and he stayed. We look to be on the verge of being a perennial tournament team. And if you rightfully give him a flier on the 17-18 season (which we would have been an easy 5th or higher seed in the NCAAs) we would have been a 3 in a row tourney team. Better schools know this, thus that is why I see Richard leaving here!

UNLV making a move for Bo Ryan,

That would be a terrible fit! UNLV know for it’s run and gun athletes and Bo for his prodding. That would also hurt Sconny since Bo would beat out Gard for the that style of recruits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im not saying he was going to OSU. They don't have a vacancy, but if they did I'm sure he would be on their long list too. My point was, Richard was given serious consideration by many teams over his years here, and he stayed. We look to be on the verge of being a perennial tournament team. And if you rightfully give him a flier on the 17-18 season (which we would have been an easy 5th or higher seed in the NCAAs) we would have been a 3 in a row tourney team. Better schools know this, thus that is why I see Richard leaving here!

Pivot and dance you sure do. That would need to be a really long list.

Pivot and dance you sure do. That would need to be a really long list.

I'm the Bo Jangles of Gopher Hole! But we must remind ourselves that Richard has been courted to some degree by a handful of schools over his years here. And coming off a very successful season, I'm not sure why that would suddenly stop. Just be prepared if he leaves!

I'm the Bo Jangles of Gopher Hole! But we must remind ourselves that Richard has been courted to some degree by a handful of schools over his years here. And coming off a very successful season, I'm not sure why that would suddenly stop. Just be prepared if he leaves!
I'm sure you're prepared...
09084bfb26aec4dd53c882cfe0d2240a.jpg

That would be a terrible fit! UNLV know for it’s run and gun athletes and Bo for his prodding. That would also hurt Sconny since Bo would beat out Gard for the that style of recruits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You use the word prodding, i go for precision. Did not say he would take it but he could bring Saul and his son and do the 3rd year hand off. Time after time it has been proven that if you win, you sell out. If you do not win, you do not sell out. WSU will probably hire Smith today.

At this point, you're flinging crap against a wall hoping something will stick. You can continue to present yourself as some kind of credible insider (which you clearly are not) or you can own up to being all over the place, which you clearly are. If he goes somewhere else, so be it. But it won't be because you were the first to "break" the news.

UNLV making a move for Bo Ryan,

They dusted off Rollie Massimino. This would not surprise me. I don't know how much Bo likes money, but if he takes the job, it will send a message that he will do almost anything for money or he needs it really bad.

T.J. Otzelberger to UNLV, per Jeff Goddman

Nothing against Otzelberger, but this shows just how far UNLV has fallen. Otzelberger inherited a program (and Mike Daum) that was rolling when Scott Nagy left for Wright State. He may end up being a great hire, but I'm always leery of guys who inherit programs and/or great players, have some success, then move on.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

You use the word prodding, i go for precision. Did not say he would take it but he could bring Saul and his son and do the 3rd year hand off. Time after time it has been proven that if you win, you sell out. If you do not win, you do not sell out. WSU will probably hire Smith today.

Tubby? I thought Tubby did a nice thing by going back to his alma mater. Ditching them after a year would be really low brow especially at this stage of his career. High Point keeps him coaching and gives him a soft entry into retirement. I wonder if his Memphis contract is running out so he's entertaining new offers again.

Tubby? I thought Tubby did a nice thing by going back to his alma mater. Ditching them after a year would be really low brow especially at this stage of his career. High Point keeps him coaching and gives him a soft entry into retirement. I wonder if his Memphis contract is running out so he's entertaining new offers again.

San Francisco coach Kyle Smith, not Tubby, expected to take Wazzu job.

Nothing against Otzelberger, but this shows just how far UNLV has fallen. Otzelberger inherited a program (and Mike Daum) that was rolling when Scott Nagy left for Wright State. He may end up being a great hire, but I'm always leery of guys who inherit programs and/or great players, have some success, then move on.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's not going to sit well with fans who thought they were getting Rick Pitino for the past month.

Top Bottom