Will Richard Pitino bolt the Gophers to go to Alabama

IF Pitino leaves - where is he most likely to land?

• Alabama

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Texas A&M

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNLV

• Vanderbilt

• Washington State

• HE'S NEVER LEAVING!

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Some Yet Unknown college

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pitino isn't going to Bama. Why would you go there?

I agree he isn't going, but it wouldn't bother me if he did. A new face here wouldn't be the worst thing and there is a nice freshman class to build off of.

I’m somewhat convinced that half of the posters on here are hired trolls by Big10 competitors whose sole objective is to tarnish Pitino and this program... Pitino has a great reputation with the national media. That alone gives a program like Alabama some excitement. From Andy Katz to Gary Parrish to everyone in between, they all seem to value their relationship with Richard. That’s valuable for a college basketball coach... Builtbadgers might market himself on here as some basketball insider, but he’s mostly proven the past month he doesn’t know crap. And all the other trolls in this thread have nothing better to do than whine and crap on a team they don’t even root for

Got it, thought you were kidding. I do not know of a single AD, any big donors, ASSOCIATE AD's that think Pitino is a hot prospect. I also think he is wanting to be hear. If your source is twitter your far from anything credible. They already contacted Prohm directly.

This firing was made with Prohm in mind.

Mods, can we ban this guy? The only thing he ever comments on are coaching speculations that he starts. Sounds like the definition of troll to me.

We could only hope [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120], but alas, there is no way he’ll be offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m somewhat convinced that half of the posters on here are hired trolls by Big10 competitors whose sole objective is to tarnish Pitino and this program... Pitino has a great reputation with the national media. That alone gives a program like Alabama some excitement. From Andy Katz to Gary Parrish to everyone in between, they all seem to value their relationship with Richard. That’s valuable for a college basketball coach... Builtbadgers might market himself on here as some basketball insider, but he’s mostly proven the past month he doesn’t know crap. And all the other trolls in this thread have nothing better to do than whine and crap on a team they don’t even root for

I agree. The gopher loyalists just won't admit we have a hot coach right now. 2 weeks he's gone I bet. His resume has greatly improved this season.

This firing was made with Prohm in mind.

I don't post much, but come on man! Last time I speculated on a coach it was Motzko getting hired. I broke it first. Long before anyone. Look it up. If that makes me a troll then so be it, but come on, Im usually right! !

It can be hard when other's don't agree with you, but when you grow up you'll learn that it doesn't mean they are trolls or enemies of the program, just people with different opinions.

I heard they are going after Fleck since he mentioned on Sports Huddle Sunday how he likes multi-sport athletes and that usually means their first scouting look is when the prospect is playing basketball...also he may have coached playground BBall during his Social Study teacher stint.

I can't tell if this is a bit. Alabama would be a lateral move at best, but it would buy him a fresh start. I doubt his is in their top 5 though.

Market myself ? There is no equity gained. Have known Andy a long time, he was around the UW program the same time i was. He has never said a bad word about any coach especially someone in the Big 10 as he works for the Big 10 Network. Neither he nor Parrish would rank our coach a top 50 coach. His top 10 are well known. I will see him at the final 4. None of it makes me a insider. What the hell is that anyway. Just someone who built our practice off of coaches.So your left with name calling.

Mods, can we ban this guy? The only thing he ever comments on are coaching speculations that he starts. Sounds like the definition of troll to me.

Hey call me what you will. I break news or speculate on the news. Nothing Trollish about that. Im polite to people, I try not to fight with people. I love the friendly thoughts. Its all good. But I have been right before as I have some connections around the country. I knew Motzko was coming to MN, and broke it hear a full day before the media had the scoop. I see Richard leaving MN. Its that simple. I see Alabama as a potential spot. Getting a better job. He has earned his stripes here. Fought thru some challenges and proven his worth. I can see why a program might want him.

So Alabama would fire a guy with a better conference winning percentage who currently has the number 19 class for 2019 committed to their school to hire...Richard Pitino?

Hey call me what you will. I break news or speculate on the news. Nothing Trollish about that. Im polite to people, I try not to fight with people. I love the friendly thoughts. Its all good. But I have been right before as I have some connections around the country. I knew Motzko was coming to MN, and broke it hear a full day before the media had the scoop. I see Richard leaving MN. Its that simple. I see Alabama as a potential spot. Getting a better job. He has earned his stripes here. Fought thru some challenges and proven his worth. I can see why a program might want him.

You also had Pitino leaving in 2017 which, of course, didn't happen. In other words, Pitino has a good season = he's leaving. We've seen this shtick from you before. Therefore, folks rightfully take anything you say with a HUGE grain of salt.

It can be hard when other's don't agree with you, but when you grow up you'll learn that it doesn't mean they are trolls or enemies of the program, just people with different opinions.

Great post. You and i have had healthy disagreements and agreements,the board would not be interesting if we all walked in lock step. I offer my observations and point out when i have been wrong about game predictions etc.. I have supported Pitino when i see something he has done well but i am not going to shy away at the things he has been putrid at. Thanks for your insights.

You also had Pitino leaving in 2017 which, of course, didn't happen. In other words, Pitino has a good season = he's leaving. We've seen this shtick from you before. Therefore, folks rightfully take anything you say with a HUGE grain of salt.

If you read the article I attached Richard almost did leave in 2017. To.....ALABAMA.

Great post. You and i have had healthy disagreements and agreements,the board would not be interesting if we all walked in lock step. I offer my observations and point out when i have been wrong about game predictions etc.. I have supported Pitino when i see something he has done well but i am not going to shy away at the things he has been putrid at. Thanks for your insights.

Very well said! that is what this board is for! If we were all supposed to parrot the same message we would just visit a non interactive website and get our marching orders from above. No fun in that!

So Alabama would fire a guy with a better conference winning percentage who currently has the number 19 class for 2019 committed to their school to hire...Richard Pitino?

The grass is always greener. Plus I have the sense "5-0" wore on folks after awhile.

If you read the article I attached Richard almost did leave in 2017. To.....ALABAMA.
Wrong. Its dated 2015. And when you mentioned your stupid poll in 2017, Alabama wasn't mentioned. Try again.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Wrong. Its dated 2015. And when you mentioned your stupid poll in 2017, Alabama wasn't mentioned. Try again.

And Alabama never even offered him him the job. That was just noise by his reps to heat up his name.

I’ve heard no mention of Alabama specifically, but have heard speculation that he may leave the University early to follow Michael Hurt to another school.

And Alabama never even offered him him the job. That was just noise by his reps to heat up his name.
Gotta love agents and dear old dad! Lol.

Sorry Pitino haters, he isn't going anywhere.

I’ve heard no mention of Alabama specifically, but have heard speculation that he may leave the University early to follow Michael Hurt to another school.

But does Richard wear Adidas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom